Test Lobby

Hello, I would like to suggest, under the Custom Battle mode, the possibility to create a Test Game.

The Test Game would be like a Custom Game but with the possibility of using any ship of the game and any weapon/module but it would be restricted to play against bots.

The purpose of a Test Game would be to try out ships and weapons you don’t have. Why? to check if you wan’t to buy them or not. How many times you weren’t sure of buying or not a ship/item, and after doing/not doing it you regretted that decission?

You would be able of:

• Use any map as a test map with any mode.

• Play against bots, chosing the difficulty.

• Use any ship (including Premium and Pack ships, that would favour Gaijin because if people see how good are some premium/pack ships, they may buy them), with maximun synergy.

• Chose your implants for that game. (that would also save money for players, I’m ok with paying to change my implants, but it would be fair if I can check them in a test game for free)

• Use any weapon/module (excluding Militar and Experimental).

The point of this suggestion is that sometimes you doubt of buying more ships or going to a higher tier and sometimes you regret it, it would be nice if you could see how the next ships will work with your playstyle.

It would be also good to quickly check some builds for your ship, and try your new strategies without buying the items (because maybe you don’t like it after the test) and before going against real players in a PvP.

I don’t see any drawback, people would save a lot of credits, buying what they are sure they want to buy, and Gaijin would gain the possibility of winning money because people could test the premium/pack ships. 

Please I would appreciate you to leaving comments if you like what I’m saying and giving feedback or any ideas to support my suggestion.

Planetside has this. Very useful. But done differently than original suggestion.

1. only one small map

2. bots of different ship classes already spawned in certain areas

3. they don’t fly or shoot back. just sit still for you to shoot them at different distances

4. can use any ship, mods, weapons and implants

5. T2 and T4 interceptor, fighter and frigate bots ie. 6 ships.

Planetside has this. Very useful. But done differently than original suggestion.

1. only one small map

2. bots of different ship classes already spawned in certain areas

3. they don’t fly or shoot back. just sit still for you to shoot them at different distances

4. can use any ship, mods, weapons and implants

5. T2 and T4 interceptor, fighter and frigate bots ie. 6 ships.

Oh, I forgot that, I’m also a Planetside 2 player and I wanted to mention that game as an example.

1. I would accept that, I really just want to test what I don’t have before buying it.

2. I think it would be nice if you can select that option or “game” option, to test your ship/builds in a “real” battle vs bots.

3. Again, it would be nice if you can chose between bots on passive mode or easy, mid, hard, insane etc.

4. Aye!

5. I don’t understand why you say this, I think in “game” mode, bots would have same tier as you, and in “passive” mode there would be bots of every tier.

Maybe I’m demanding too much content, but you know, suggest is free, I would accept anything if it comes with free test.

Sure - but make this an ‘instanced’ area attached to your hangar where we share occupancy with all other corporation members. I want to see ships fly in and out of the hangar as they leave and arrive from missions - that’d give an awesome and dynamic view of corporation activity.

Rather than the current loading screen, which is boring, show our ship flying out of the hangar and warp through a gate (presumably towards the mission in question). In squads, show all squad members there. :slight_smile:

Awesomeness++;

I like both ideas.

I think that the test map shouldnt be designed to be fun, just functional, or else players will be going there instead of pve or pvp.

I have been thinking for some time that the hangar needs more stuff. would be very cool if all corp ships were there, or if you could see other player ships going in and out…

Justin

I really like the 5 point idea for a test lobby.

So the community likes the idea, I wonder if Error or any dev will read this…

I mentioned a genuine practice area instead of just bot matches a few weeks ago.  No word yet…

That’s what custom games are for. A test lobby for previewing ships would be much more useful than a new lobby specifically for practicing. With a test lobby people could decide whether they really wanted a given ship and whether it performed as expected.

Yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes.

When I saw this thread, I was reminded of the practice modes in Armored Core: Last Raven.

I suggest making it so that you can practice against different target types:

1. Against two dummy Frigates. The most basic test.

2. Against squadrons of Interceptors/Fighters that will attack you. Maneuverability/aiming test.

3. Against one enemy that is like a weaker version of the Punisher (Boss). Endurance test.

When I saw this thread, I was reminded of the practice modes in Armored Core: Last Raven.

I suggest making it so that you can practice against different target types:

1. Against two dummy Frigates. The most basic test.

2. Against squadrons of Interceptors/Fighters that will attack you. Maneuverability/aiming test.

3. Against one enemy that is like a weaker version of the Punisher (Boss). Endurance test.

Nice suggestions, it would be soooo nice for this game to have a test lobby.

+1 Support for all the ideas on this thread!