Tempest launcher : Small cooldown when used

Hi

Just a tiny suggestion here for players that likes to spam keys on their keyboard :

When you activate Tempest launcher, you can press the button again to deactivate it sooner then expected (so you won’t hurt yourself with explosion radius for example).

BUT, there are no cooldown between the activation and the desactivation. Which mean that if you spam your Tempest launcher button, it’ll just go on cooldown and do nothing.

So my suggestion is to give Tempest launcher a tiny cooldown after the first activation, something like 0.7s, to prevent such things.

Here is my suggestion, don’t spam active effects keys ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

Don’t spam them? But… ECM’S :slight_smile:

If only there was a timer with 1/10 of a second resolution telling when it will become available after an ECM oh wait ther is one ))

But guess what? If you were allowed to spam the key, you would get that module started faster than if you wait for the timer to end, and then try to press the key. If you pre-empt the ending, and miss, then you wasted 1s. While tempest launcher isn’t the most important thing to set off straight away, there are other modules that would be. And if the game doesn’t update your press of the module, and you press it again, and it then decides to finally update that you pressed it (twice now) and you get a wasted timer.

In any case, it is a suggestion to have a 1-2 second cancel lock-out to prevent accidental turn offs. Not everything has to be “git gud there is no problem here” ; - )

Sorry to brake it to you but this has nothing to with being good, this is more of being normal, just average this is a basic functionality and simple reaction and body control

Just because that’s the way it’s always been doesn’t mean it’s the way this has to stay, take a chance on this, take a leap of faith

6 hours ago, xKostyan said:

Sorry to brake it to you but this has nothing to with being good, this is more of being normal, just average this is a basic functionality and simple reaction and body control

You know that absolutely all games have such things have this kind of small cooldown ? 

It’s called “Player friendly”. 

This has nothing to do with skills/balance or whatsoever, it just makes the game feels smoother for players. What’s wrong with that? 

1 hour ago, Swifter43021 said:

You know that absolutely all games have such things have this kind of small cooldown ? 

It’s called “Player friendly”. 

This has nothing to do with skills/balance or whatsoever, it just makes the game feels smoother for players. What’s wrong with that? 

Actually no, I do not know that. Every PvP game i played was everything against mindlessly spamming buttons.

I would be more interested in an option to postpone missile salvo (once u fire all 20 then it goes into CD) and always active tracking even when triggered so no missile goes un-locked. The rest is kinda okay, it’s more about the trivial mechanics that bug me.

Well, many parts of SC’s gameplay bother me. This is one.

There’s also the fact that lasers are absolutely horrible to use against any fast ship. Or the command phaser, that is extremely counter intuitive to use.

I could think of easy ways to tweak their functionality to be balanced but idk if they are even open for discussion, probably not…

1 hour ago, Swifter43021 said:

Well, many parts of SC’s gameplay bother me. This is one.

There’s also the fact that lasers are absolutely horrible to use against any fast ship. Or the command phaser, that is extremely counter intuitive to use.

Through history of SC beam weapons were the bane of Agile ships - instant dmg delivery, equal or greater dmg, medium-long range