Team sensor coverage on a map screen

I would love to see more information on a map screen, such as friendly team sensor range combined. I don’t think fog of war would be a good idea though because of map been a 2d and we can not represent 3d LOSs.

At this time every time when you look at the map it is very hard to judge if friendly recon covers that part of a map and there is no one there OR you don’t have sensor coverage. 

On top of that if we could have Micro Locator area indication on a map (could be combined with team sensor range) that thing alone would make for some awesome team awareness, because now when you fly solo or in a squad in 12v12 it is night impossible to let your team know where your/friendly micro locator is and what routes you are covering so they can push on other flank and such. 

Yep, has been suggested before and is a good idea. The only problem with showing it on the map is that it delivers a false sense of security since you’re missing a dimension where plenty of enemy ships could be advancing undetected despite being within the circle on the top-down 2D view.

How about showing you the 3D model of the map with orbiting function focused on it’s center? You will also get the aproximate ‘altitude’ (i know it’s wrong, but you know what i mean, so shut up!) of the ships shown.

Yep, has been suggested before and is a good idea. The only problem with showing it on the map is that it delivers a false sense of security since you’re missing a dimension where plenty of enemy ships could be advancing undetected despite being within the circle on the top-down 2D view.

You are absolutely right, i completely didn’t count for some of those “very tall” maps, representation like

this is gonna be very very misleading.

How about showing you the 3D model of the map with orbiting function focused on it’s center? You will also get the approximate ‘altitude’ (i know it’s wrong, but you know what i mean, so shut up!) of the ships shown.

It might over complicate the map due to all the objects on the map, at this moment is very quickly readable on a quick glance, while more options to that map are very welcome, don’t think they shal be turned on by default.

Personally I would love a 3D wireframe style map to replace the current 2D minimap we have.

A visualization of sensor coverage would be incredibly beneficial, though there are other factors which may also play into the false sense of security. For example, large enough terrain blocks sensors. A ship can be within the sphere of influence of your team and still not show up on the map with some careful positioning.

I can absolutely get behind showing micro-locators on the map however. Even if their radius is not displayed, just knowing it is there can provide valuable insight regarding map control.