Taunting

I don’t know about you guys, but I can think of more than a few scenario’s in which I’d like to actively taunt the enemy.  

It would have the equivalent effect of letting your ship be seen from any distance, and maybe a flashing red icon ! appears around it briefly.  Even better if some voice comes on over the come and goads the enemy into action.  It would have to be properly implemented so as to not be insanely annoying, maybe even just a single taunt every 60 seconds or so, but it would add new strategy to the game.  

YES !@

Completely useless, none worth a damn would ever heed to your taunt.

Completely useless, none worth a damn would ever heed to your taunt.

^ This. Because EVERYONE would be spaming it. I’m ok with a taunt feature in small games like RTS’, where you don’t see more than 6-8 people in matches… But 32?.. No.

Please by the love of god, no.

The 8-9 locks you get everywhere should be taunt enough.

you guys are no fun :stuck_out_tongue:

I used to just go spray a few shots against the captain in a stalled combat recon.  Plasma arc’s also a giant “look at that guy!”  If you’re not in the enemy controlled area for psyops, you’re not taunting.  It can discourage the other team from advancing.

actually if you aimed vertically with your plasma-arc it looks like a giant white …I… from afar. sort of a taunt.

// Moved to suggestions.

VGTA - “Aww, that’s too bad!”

VGTG - “I am the greatest!”

VGTW - “When will you learn?”

Then the enemy is mad.

VVH - “HELP!”

Reminds me of Chivalry endfights or constant spam of “No!” or “Help!”. But it is incredibly fun if used in context.

I just feel the game would be either too fast for this, or it would get too emotional.

But it would be fun tho!

• “Starfox down.”

• “Soorry!!”

• “Next time…”

• “Eat more bacon!”

• “For the Empire”

• “Take this! Cowboy diplomacy…”

• “Federation envoy has arrived.”

• “Awww… that hurt!”

• “Plasma in the hole!”

• “I actually took a scan of that!”

• “My family informed me about their gratitude… for your loss.”

• “Jerichoooo *bzzt*!”

• “Do the gun-barrel-roll…”

• “Your burden, liberated.”

• “Owwwned.”

• “I already carved your ship into my hull…”

:smiley:

Or them battle cries – For Agatha !@@!@~!

You can spam those all you want, it’ll only add to the ‘atmosphere’

Chivalry is indeed amazing because of that. And the show some good players show off combining it with funny quotes.

However, Group Warcry usually ends in a total disaster :smiley:

No.

Believe me when i say the community will change (drastically), elitism will take over even more and rage will flourish, more people will leave.

I have experience with it already and it’s a grave form of hate-inducing action. So for the love of mankind and safety of your brain - NO.

Little off topic but; a taunting system should also bring some form of quickchat system.

It would probably be a rarely used feature. I could only see this being used in game like the all eyes on button. Not sure how they would implement it. but i think that’s a start for the idea.

Maybe something more comical like “na nana nah nah” " You cant touch me fool." or you got “Pwnd sucka” or what ever you guys chose, but maybe with a comedian like approach to keep it friendly.

And maybe even a few pathetic responses to keep it more interesting. Like a list to chose from on either side to keep it easy to manage.

I think this is something that can be more applied in Pve rather then pvp? though the idea of revealing yourself to everyone on the map is rather fascinating.

It would probably be a rarely used feature. I could only see this being used in game like the all eyes on button. Not sure how they would implement it. but i think that’s a start for the idea.

Maybe something more comical like “na nana nah nah” " You cant touch me fool." or you got “Pwnd sucka” or what ever you guys chose, but maybe with a comedian like approach to keep it friendly.

And maybe even a few pathetic responses to keep it more interesting. Like a list to chose from on either side to keep it easy to manage.

Imagine you’re in a match that ends up into a siege match, each team behind a set of asteroids.  The ship you choose, and haven’t died in yet, is a fast interceptor.  Which taunts more, flying in and getting a few shots off on the captain and getting back before you die, or “Look at SumGuy954, you can’t kill me!”  I’ll choose the former.

Since the patch, the only chance I’ve gotten to do that is in the one real T4 match I played.  No sense in playing T4 with the only T4 ship being a CO.