Target Painter

They also give “Vision”. Allowing your teammates to lock ennemies that are not in Sensor Range.

This module is underestimate when you want to do Teamplay. Only few players destroy them and while you are in the Micro Locator’s effect Radius, you are a potential target for Sniper and Random Missiles.

Yeah most of the time I noticed that I’m the only one killing ML in my team. The problem is that they are only good against random players, because good players kill the ML so fast they are of no use.

And you don’t really need them to kill random players.

The thing is, ML is so small, attack drones rarely hit it, and with the HB you just don’t want to stop shooting to get back the accuracy to hit them. So i only kill them on my engies if there is nothing else i can shoot at.

The thing is, ML is so small, attack drones rarely hit it, and with the HB you just don’t want to stop shooting to get back the accuracy to hit them. So i only kill them on my engies if there is nothing else i can shoot at.

If you are close enough to make the HB work (under 3000 meters) you shouldn’t care about ML, because you are already being spotted by the guys you are shooting at.

But if you are in the second line, just spraying fire from 5000 meters (which is fun and tickles for the enemies) they you should kill the ML, since you are not doing any damage, and the torp frigs or fast interceptors will know where you are, and will kill you.

They also give “Vision”. Allowing your teammates to lock ennemies that are not in Sensor Range.

Before they became LoS limited they were all sorts of useful, but these days that vision doesn’t amount to much because in the areas that matter you’ve got them in your recon’s 10-12k sensor range anyway, lighting them up for the team. My opinion anyway.

Before they became LoS limited they were all sorts of useful, but these days that vision doesn’t amount to much because in the areas that matter you’ve got them in your recon’s 10-12k sensor range anyway, lighting them up for the team. My opinion anyway.

Well, you could always use them to reveal cloaked ships like tacklers and recons and nevermind. Forget I even said that

I find ML useless comparing to oter modules outside of sector conquest/or capture the beacon mode, where every kill/surviving a death goes a long way. Outside of those it is a simple assist farm

I find ML useless comparing to oter modules outside of sector conquest/or capture the beacon mode, where every kill/surviving a death goes a long way. Outside of those it is a simple assist farm

Because Everybody want to make their own ships able to kill everything?

Because Everybody want to make their own ships able to kill everything?

But other modules are just generally more useful. Survivability modules can allow a recon to harass for a longer duration and buy teammates more time to focus on objectives. Or simply survive longer and not contribute to the enemy team’s scores for CTB, recon or deathmatch. 

Ok this diverged really fast we were talking about target painters, then about tacklers, at least that’s connected. Then modules for recons? At least keep it to modules for recons vs tacklers  ;)wt

Ok this diverged really fast we were talking about target painters, then about tacklers, at least that’s connected. Then modules for recons? At least keep it to modules for recons vs tacklers  ;)wt

Everyone knows how quickly and easily threads get derailed here.

Vaguely on-topic: ML is the anti-tackler module. Unfortunately I don’t really see a use for it outside of that.

EDIT: Post #1024! Soon I’ll hit 2048.

EDIT: Post #1024! Soon I’ll hit 2048.

Yep, just one more bit, that’s nothing. :slight_smile:

(also way ahead of you)

Yep, just one more bit, that’s nothing. :slight_smile:

(also way ahead of you)

Wahaa 1 post away Snib! Don’t reply to this, hold it for something special :) 

My tackler has 2500 dps. Your argument is invalid.

you are not new though =)

you are not new though =)

No, I’m not, but getting a tackler to that number of DPS is not hard if you are devoted to them. Anyway, with full green modules, which are quite easy to get, you will still have around 2350 dps.

No, I’m not, but getting a tackler to that number of DPS is not hard if you are devoted to them. Anyway, with full green modules, which are quite easy to get, you will still have around 2350 dps.

fair enough!