Target Painter

My tackler has 2500 dps. Your argument is invalid.

i bet ur tackler has like 3 capacitor slots and u equip like 3 of doze things that increase dmg but lower energy regn pulse discharger i think? And then u equip singularity w/ supernova ammo :slight_smile: looool am i right?

i bet ur tackler has like 3 capacitor slots and u equip like 3 of doze things that increase dmg but lower energy regn pulse discharger i think? And then u equip singularity w/ supernova ammo :slight_smile: looool am i right?

nope

nope

wuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhh? Im pretty sure im right unless its t5 with everything mk4 :slight_smile: the only people ive seen use singularity cannon in t3 + on tackler is this russian guy and oryngton

My tackler does 5k damage in one shot before resists. Who needs dps when you have alpha?

Tackler.

OP.

thought Iā€™d never hear those words muttered on this here forum.

Ā 

Gone are the days when a tackler snags a recon with debuffs, and the recon cloaks then turns around to murder the tackler while the tackler modules are on cooldown.Ā 

Ā 

wuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhh? Im pretty sure im right unless its t5 with everything mk4 :slight_smile: the only people ive seen use singularity cannon in t3 + on tackler is this russian guy and oryngton

Ā 

Bubblegun was one of the earliest weapons I used for tacklers before I switched to gauss. But now Iā€™m back to bubbles because itā€™s more fun.

My tacker has 2 cap slots, and I donā€™t have a single pulse discharger on it (I want my energy regen, thanks) And no, Iā€™m not using supernova ammo. Try to hit something faster than a Tormentor with thatā€¦ I dare you.

Ā 

In fact, Iā€™m not even using bubbles. The tackler is rank 12, although you can use the same build from T3 Parallax.

Ā 

Ā 

Gone are the days when a tackler snags a recon with debuffs, and the recon cloaks then turns around to murder the tackler while the tackler modules are on cooldown.Ā 

You can still do that in a recon. The only thing has changed is now the tackler can shake off the drones. But if the tackler is hovering around at 5 k over cover using gauss, then is a piece of cake. Recon can MWD to your xxxx and rape you sweet and hard.

Ā 

Ā 

My tackler does 5k damage in one shot before resists. Who needs dps when you have alpha?

It depends on your tastes. Alpha is good for the first shot, then you need 5 seconds to fire again. Also if you miss you have lost all your potential. If I miss one shot, that is only a small fraction of my dps.Ā 

Ā 

You can still do that in a recon. The only thing has changed is now the tackler can shake off the drones. But if the tackler is hovering around at 5 k over cover using gauss, then is a piece of cake. Recon can MWD to your xxxx and rape you sweet and hard.

Ā 

I always saw recons as the counter to tacklers because of spy drones/micro locator and shield stealing (considering tacklers are either Fed or Jeri and thus have a huge chunk of their total HP in shields), but now tacklers are at least capable of fighting back. Like what you said, tacklers can now shake off drones, and thatā€™s a huge benefit. IB also has no more cooldown, so recons cannot shake off a speed debuff and benefit from adaptive shields easily.Ā 

Ā 

Iā€™ve been sniped at close range by true members of the almighty gauss master race, but I canā€™t replicate that. Thatā€™s partly why Iā€™ve reverted back to using singularities on my Parallax.

Ā 

But Iā€™m considering assault rails for higher tiers, especially since the slot layout and ship bonuses are favourable.

Ā IB also has no more cooldown, so recons cannot shake off a speed debuff and benefit from adaptive shields easily.Ā 

Ā 

Fortunately, imperial recons donā€™t need adaptatives for tanking.

Recon can MWD to your xxxx and rape you sweet and hard.

Ā 

Yeah you tested that on my xxxx yesterday or the day before yesterday. I learned (the hard way) to have cloak ready when thereā€™s the possibility of MWD around.Ā 

Yeah you tested that on my xxxx yesterday or the day before yesterday. I learned (the hard way) to have cloak ready when thereā€™s the possibility of MWD around.

With the buffed range on spy drones youā€™ll be hard pressed to have cloak ready.

With the buffed range on spy drones youā€™ll be hard pressed to have cloak ready.

Ā 

Ah no after a few dozen battles you get used to spotting them and scraping them off with around 300 damage. A bigger problem is the Microlocator, you need to spot it, swich targets, destroy it. Takes a while. Itā€™s safer to just run out of itā€™s range, but that might still be too long.Ā 

Yeah you tested that on my xxxx yesterday or the day before yesterday. I learned (the hard way) to have cloak ready when thereā€™s the possibility of MWD around.Ā 

The problem is, the drones are usually applied before the jump so you have 2 seconds to get near cover and shake them before the recon is on you.

Ā 

And I wasnā€™t testing that on you, I have been doing that since I got my first DvergrĀ  :01010:

The problem is, the drones are usually applied before the jump so you have 2 seconds to get near cover and shake them before the recon is on you.

Ā 

And I wasnā€™t testing that on you, I have been doing that since I got my first DvergrĀ  :01010:

Ā 

Ok since this game is about skill, and we all love it for it, letā€™s say itā€™s doable. The recon is not an ECM. You put the drones, maybe try a drain, but thatā€™s about all, you canā€™t also stun and kill. The Tackler doesnā€™t instantly melt. You do have time to scrape them off, specially if youā€™re paying attention and have something to smash into around you. It was awful before, when the Tackler ability was just simply locked for 50-60 seconds, with nothing to do about it. At that time it felt like the ability was almost useless, the only ability perfectly countered. Now, itā€™s doable, and the Microlocator is a bit harder to shake off.

Ā 

As a little edit since i love editsā€¦followup is nice because after the cloak you can line up at 2-3k distance behind the recon, and possibly kill it on your own terms. If that fails, itā€™s quite possible the Tackler dies. But this is only for the Coil setup, and i have only the Panther with Coils. The rest seem to work better with Assaults, and with Assaults itā€™s not hard at all to take on Recons. ECM is the only real problem with stun + ability lock.Ā 

Ok since this game is about skill, and we all love it for it, letā€™s say itā€™s doable. The recon is not an ECM. You put the drones, maybe try a drain, but thatā€™s about all, you canā€™t also stun and kill. The Tackler doesnā€™t instantly melt. You do have time to scrape them off, specially if youā€™re paying attention and have something to smash into around you. It was awful before, when the Tackler ability was just simply locked for 50-60 seconds, with nothing to do about it. At that time it felt like the ability was almost useless, the only ability perfectly countered. Now, itā€™s doable, and the Microlocator is a bit harder to shake off.

Microlocator has LoS, so is quite easy to shake off if you are in cover. That is the reason I donā€™t like gauss tacklers, you need to be out of cover to use them properly to its full potential. Brawler tacklers on the other hand, need to be on cover to be useful, so you are quite safe from recons, and you can always turn back and kill him.

Microlocator has LoS, so is quite easy to shake off if you are in cover. That is the reason I donā€™t like gauss tacklers, you need to be out of cover to use them properly to its full potential. Brawler tacklers on the other hand, need to be on cover to be useful, so you are quite safe from recons, and you can always turn back and kill him.

Ā 

Heh check my edit itā€™s on the same lines about brawlers. LoS LoS but if you move the wrong way, you might be caught with your pants down since the Micro detects you even after you cloaked. My general idea is that in terms of detection, Micro > Drones.Ā 

Heh check my edit itā€™s on the same lines about brawlers. LoS LoS but if you move the wrong way, you might be caught with your pants down since the Micro detects you even after you cloaked. My general idea is that in terms of detection, Micro > Drones.Ā 

Yes, but you forgot another debuff that the drones apply, halving your repair kits and shield booster effects. That is why I still prefer drones.

Yes, but you forgot another debuff that the drones apply, halving your repair kits and shield booster effects. That is why I still prefer drones.

Ā 

It is exactly with that in mind that i said "My general idea is that in terms of detection , Micro > Drones. "Ā  ;)wtĀ 

As far as Iā€™m concerned micro-locators are just assist farming items. I donā€™t carry them on my recons and never missed them. If youā€™re in a position where you manage to shake of a spy drone youā€™ll shake off a locator just as easily because of LoS requirements.

Ā 

Ā 

micro-locators

They also give ā€œVisionā€. Allowing your teammates to lock ennemies that are not in Sensor Range.

Ā 

This module is underestimate when you want to do Teamplay. Only few players destroy them and while you are in the Micro Locatorā€™s effect Radius, you are a potential target for Sniper and Random Missiles.

They also give ā€œVisionā€. Allowing your teammates to lock ennemies that are not in Sensor Range.

Ā 

This module is underestimate when you want to do Teamplay. Only few players destroy them and while you are in the Micro Locatorā€™s effect Radius, you are a potential target for Sniper and Random Missiles.

Ā 

Thats it. For exampleĀ  you leave one at every beacon, and they canā€™t hide behind the beacon (sometimes you donā€™t have AoE weapons).