Take ping into MM consideration

Title says it all. good players are useless if they cannot fly due to bad ping. 

lol

How should this work?

How should this work?

okay so here’s my idea.

player is worth 0 points starting.

you get +1 points per full synergy upper class ship (So rank 14 and 15 in t5, rank 11 and 12 in t4, rank 8 and 9 in t3 and so on) 

you get +1 points for having a ping below 120.

you get -1 point for having a 200+ ping.

you get +1 point for win loss over 1.1. 

you get -1 for having it below .85

you get +1 point for having over 3k battles

3 man squads vs 4 man and 2 man.

2 two man squads can vs a 4 man squad (this will motivate people to do bigger squads.)

It tries to balance points on each team. 

Of course, this is just a basic idea. There are definitely things i haven’t thought of. u guys are also the programmers and the ppl getting paid so you’d have to figure out how to implement it. 

Also, more suggestions for it are welcome. 

The ping depends on many different factors and it is easy to get a bad ping in order to reduce your points.

The ping depends on many different factors and it is easy to get a bad ping in order to reduce your points.

hmmm that is an interesting point. 

artificial ping raising could be banned and enforced by banning violators for short periods of time. It would be fairly easy to tell. if their ping is read as 200 and then goes down to 60 during the game and is stable, wouldn’t that be obvious? 

Matchmaking is one of the most important parts of the game so getting a better mm is in ur best interests too, so im not just a pissed off player complaining. 

hmmm that is an interesting point. 

artificial ping raising could be banned and enforced by banning violators for short periods of time. It would be fairly easy to tell. if their ping is read as 200 and then goes down to 60 during the game and is stable, wouldn’t that be obvious? 

Matchmaking is one of the most important parts of the game so getting a better mm is in ur best interests too, so im not just a pissed off player complaining. 

No.

There can be the following issues that make this idea impossible:

• Issues with one or more game servers
  • Issues on the route to the game server
  • Issues with the players connection
  • More than 1 person can use the same internet connection
  • Random programs might start updates

No.

There can be the following issues that make this idea impossible:

• Issues with one or more game servers
  • Issues on the route to the game server
  • Issues with the players connection
  • More than 1 person can use the same internet connection
  • Random programs might start updates

Server issues:

multiple people will have the simultaneously.

other issues:

if it’s a consistent thing over a period of a bunch of battles, then it’ll be obvious. Random programs aren’t gonna start up every time u queue 10 times in a row. 

It shouldn’t be too hard to figure out if someone is doing it. 

u could also look at server region vs player’s region and have estimated pings based on where they live. that shouldn’t be too hard. 

Also the more data you collect from a client system the more load you put on your server.

Thus increasing ping. Not a lot, but adding feature after feature it eventually adds up.

You are not wrong on ping affecting game play.

Also the more data you collect from a client system the more load you put on your server.

Thus increasing ping. Not a lot, but adding feature after feature it eventually adds up.

You are not wrong on ping affecting game play.

*cough* but then they might get good servers. 

*cough* but then they might get good servers. 

My mediocre connection allows me to play with 60-70 ping on EU, 90-110 RU and >180 on NA. Anyone with better resources than me should have no problems with the game I don’t think the servers are bad at all.

this wont be implemented as it is in any other game

My mediocre connection allows me to play with 60-70 ping on EU, 90-110 RU and >180 on NA. Anyone with better resources than me should have no problems with the game I don’t think the servers are bad at all.

The ping is also related to location, I’m sure my internet is fine yet I get 380ms consistently on RU and EU servers. Not usually any packet loss except during server crapouts or extra factors. 

The other issue with ping related MM is if I get put into a match full of crap ping interceptors and fighters and I have beam cannons then the ping doesn’t really affect my performance but it may actually make it worse for the enemies since they can’t fly properly now!

Exactly.

Ping greatly depends on your connection. When I was in Montana for University, my connection was far worse than it is here in Colorado (distance difference wasn’t all that much in the scope of the world, only a couple hundred miles West, and a few hundred more North (North-South doesn’t really affect connection to EU/RU, East-West does).

In Montana, I had 60-70 ping on US, 180-200 on EU, and 200+ on RU, but here with a better connection (and being closer to US servers and slightly closer to EU/RU), I have 30-40 on US, 130-140 on EU, and 180+ on RU

The ping is also related to location, I’m sure my internet is fine yet I get 380ms consistently on RU and EU servers. Not usually any packet loss except during server crapouts or extra factors. 

What did you expect living in Gamma Draconis?  :01515: