Tacklers should get in-built resistance to negative effects

Title says it all. Allow tacklers to carry out their job more effectively by adding an effect similar to a proton wall, but built into the ship. It’s only logical since they are meant to hunt interceptors, which have the most negative effects to stop it from killing them.

A) Tacklers are extremely strong already.

B) Equp proton wall?

23 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

A) Tacklers are extremely strong already.

B) Equp proton wall?

Ah I should have specified. This is really dependent on the tier. In t5 they are quite strong, yes. In t3 they are lacklustre. In large games, the spam of ECMs and recons just makes it impossible to kill them one by one. I’ve had games where I’ve had to bump on a wall over ten times due to spy drones.

As for B), well then you don’t get enough damage to kill a ceptor before it stuns/spy drones/white noises you

It’s funny, I knew you would answer with exactly those arguments ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

Wait, i thought Spy drone wall bumping didnt work any more? Was i drunk when i tried it and it did not work?

Relative power of tacklers to interceptors in t3 is considerably higher than in t5.

I still dont see why you are so exclusive to not equip a proton wall.

And why are you expecting to take down horads of interceptors alone?

And what happened to all “oh destroyers fing up the game!”? Is it a week of “lets blame interceptors in everything”?

44 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

Relative power of tacklers to interceptors in t3 is considerably higher than in t5.

I still dont see why you are so exclusive to not equip a proton wall.

And why are you expecting to take down horads of interceptors alone?

And what happened to all “oh destroyers fing up the game!”? Is it a week of “lets blame interceptors in everything”?

As I said in OP, tacklers should be exclusive in having higher resistance to ewar, because their job is to combat ships that have strong ewar.

it is becoming increasingly necessary to “take down hoards of interceptors alone”, as you say. No other bigger ships except guards maybe are equipped to take care of them, and even guards can only push them away most of the time.

My points still stand on destroyers, but I have commented thousands of times about them, to no success. You want me to list the arguments again? That was not really the purpose of this thread, but here you go:

• balance depends on game size: big games = easy to kill, small games = you have to ignore them and kill the rest of the team instead

-gravi xxxx is too strong

-bad pilots use them like long ranges, avoiding taking fire

-their static barriers spawn too often: even with enough DPS to take one down, it just puts another one up

-people having a destro in their lineout but not using it are messing up matchmaking because MM tries to put the same number of pilots that have destros on each team.

-Star Conflict is supposed to be a fast-paced game. Destros are slowing it down, similar to fractured space or other games of that type.

There, I think I covered everything.

Every one is facing “EWAR” and Interceptors, Engineers and Guards are being exposed to disables way more often than tacklers, tacklers have bonus to lock time already since they are team supporters and not solo rambos and benefit from jumping targets and changing focus. Equip proton wall, watch your position, what is wrong with that?

A disable kills a tackler. One stun from an ECM while in hull and that tackler is dead. A stun on a frigate is more of an annoyance.

12 minutes ago, millanbel said:

A disable kills a tackler. One stun from an ECM while in hull and that tackler is dead. 

mm no

T3 suffers from ECMs indeed. I’ve came across squads teaming up with ECMs and carrying games with ease simply because it was impossible to stop them.

1 hour ago, xKostyan said:

mm no

mmm yes, In T3 that’s the case. Katana AE is a free kill for anything unless it stays at range (it’s very good at long range support though), and hyena dies just as easily if hit by CC. Proton wall helps, sure… but it’s not enough and it comes at a pretty high sacrifice. If you want to carry games in T3, a kris AE or a Magnetar is the best ship to go with and in squads it’s extremely hard to stop. Usually the team with more ECMs comes out on top, this is based on my recent experience but of course the situation could be entirely different on other tiers.

To conclude, I too think that ECMs have too much impact on T3 pvp and it’s a ship class that has no hard counter mechanics like for example plasma web vs tackler or energy steal vs command.

hqdefault.jpg

1 hour ago, Papitas said:

That’s not helpful papitas. Engage in the discussion or get out

Equip a proton wall, problem solved. T3 ecm not deminished stasis is about 1 second long on a protonned target, quite often, with multiple ECM on enemy teams doing their AOE bubble stasis, you get a stack of diminishing, making it way less than a second, and with 2 stacks you get no effect all together.

Proton works vs white noise too, and ions and infrareds. So what is the problem?

Tackler indeed powerful enough. If we make them such resistant to negative effects, than everybody will fly tacklers and nothing more. Too much an advantage seems like.

I have been flying tackler, as it was originally inteded for a while. I stay in group and slow down Inties. I use T3 ships and T5.

Such Tacklers are now more difficult cause of three reasons.

First the are EXTREMELY vulnerable against Destroyers.

Second, they are vulnerable against ECMs (which makes limited sense since they should be good against Inties). Since ECM got buffed, Tacklers are worse option now. 

Third, big Games are bad for tacklers, which sounds paradox but is true. And we have more big Games now. Tacklers excel at medium size games with aprox 4-7 players each team. Tackler (like iplay) is VERY depended on Team, and when big team makes mistakes (happens lot) Tackler is dead. That is because Tackler must work together with others, but can only work with limited amount of other ships and can “control” only limited amount of enemy ships. Hanrd to explain, perhaps somebody else can do better.

Due to these reasons, tacklers are not very good atm. But they are not abyssymal, just slightly bad.

No takler are perfect no need to change anything if you think you get destroyed to much that mean you have to change something in your ship build

Classic Tacklers are strong as never, nerf to adaptives, removal of turn keys, and all of that on top of previous buffs to engine suppressor and nerf of 8-2, 13-1.

The jag with 6 second cloak is a perfect example where tacklers should not recieve any buff.

OK, you have convinced me. I’ll fit a proton wall and deal with the lower damage.

2 hours ago, AdamWest said:

The jag with 6 second cloak is a perfect example where tacklers should not recieve any buff.

Exactly