Tachyon Overcharge [S Module]

Name: Tachyon Overcharge

Type: Alternative ECM “F” Module

Recharge: 40s

Energy: 100

Tooltip: Overcharges the Tachyon emitters in your shields to emit a destructive pulse of energy. This completely paralyses all ships within 1,500m for 1.5s. The overcharged shield then gets boosted regeneration for 4 seconds.

I’m sorry to ask, but… which is the main diference with the current special module for ECM?

Btw, you never  made a sugestion with a weapon range reduction. I think it could fit very well into an ECM, because it would be realy annoying.

On August 3, 2016 at 8:00 AM, ntboble said:

I’m sorry to ask, but… which is the main diference with the current special module for ECM?

It has no invincibility bubble or after-invincibility. Simply a “push this button to stun” button. Makes for much better fast-paced gameplay and also makes the module work more like other ECM modules.

47 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

It has no invincibility bubble or after-invincibility. Simply a “push this button to stun” button. Makes for much better fast-paced gameplay and also makes the module work more like other ECM modules.

Thanks, i understand it now. ECMs could stack some stun modules to make my life worse, but the invincibility of current special module from ECMs already does this. I could live with this change, and yes ECMs must be annoying and not be invincible.

2d disable on a target has half the duration effect and then target is immune to disables all together for some time.

Problem is that now a squad of ECM can disable everyone in an area for a really long time without any counterplay possible. 

1 hour ago, Swifter43021 said:

Problem is that now a squad of ECM can disable everyone in an area for a really long time without any counterplay possible. 

^That is not true 

1 hour ago, xKostyan said:

2d disable on a target has half the duration effect and then target is immune to disables all together for some time.

It would be better named something like MetaPulse Generator unless you feel like giving the LRF module an additional sin effect :stuck_out_tongue:

6 hours ago, xKostyan said:

I thought it was a 50% duration reduction for the same module used multiple times (ion diffuser, then ion diffuser again. Statis, then stasis again), so using ion diffuser then stasis would be the same (in matters of time) as using stasis then ion.

I think too, that the reduction is only for the same module, not for stuns generell. Got 7s Ion and 2s stasis at the same time.

Still, AOE stun is a bad idea. 

An ECM is already far too much disable and far too few counters. 

The only counter to ECM is white noise jammer, and the LRF counter part and MAYBE combat reboot if you manage to time it (which is impossible). 

There’s no need to have another click to stun, especially when it can’t be countered by wnj. 

Even a frigate die in a few seconds under the fire of a squad. 

If SC was my game, I’d make stasis and WI skillshots, by making them works like guided missiles (who said ion?) so you can use evading maneuvers.  And with a specific sound or alarm you can hear, to have the time to react. 

5 hours ago, Papitas said:

I thought it was a 50% duration reduction for the same module used multiple times (ion diffuser, then ion diffuser again. Statis, then stasis again), so using ion diffuser then stasis would be the same (in matters of time) as using stasis then ion.

It used to be this way, but it got changed some time ago