T4 Engineer : Empire or Federation ?

Centaur2 = 10% main weapon damage + kickass hulls despite being a rank 11 + a small speed boost being a deadend ship so 240 vs Fed’s 275 m/s

Grizzly-M = well +1 passive and it looks like a Caldari ship. And I have access to Guard frigates along the tree.

I’m undecided - can someone help push me towards one rather than the other ?

[edit]

this really belongs in Forum > Mercenary > Q&A section but that’s been locked

In the end, you want the one that will lead you to the rank 12 engineer. So thats the route I would take.

Fed’s engineers, with the T4 Engine slot become monster in term of mobility but I’m not sure 1 passiv slot will beat the natural tankyness of Empire’s Ingineers.

For the guard, I prefer my Tormentor Type S. 4 passiv slot :smiley:

I’m not 100% certain, but I believe the empire engineers got the most EHP/tank…

confuzzlements - maybe a sign of balance

Well, do the comparison.

On one hand, you have the Empire Engineer (which is an off-specc ship for Empire), hence you get less one slot, because it’s not R12. You don’t take advantage of the R12 implant nor the extra mobility Federation ships offer.

On the other, Federation does specialize in Engies, so their mainstream ship IS the Engineer, meaning you get an R12 Engi, taking full usage of that extra slot, the R12 implant and the ship itself, which is far more mobile than its Imperial counterparts. However, you don’t have the extra survivability the Empire has.

It’s up to you which one you buy.

Edit: this video fits your indecision:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyO72HfUQnY

I would recommend that you switch to Jericho! If you buy the  t4 premium guard ship “scimitar” and have all the best implants etc,  10% to shields and hull and the mk 3 or premium shield and hull boosters you will have almost 30k shields and hull! An invisible ship!

I would recommend that you switch to Jericho! If you buy the  t4 premium guard ship “scimitar” and have all the best implants etc,  10% to shields and hull and the mk 3 or premium shield and hull boosters you will have almost 30k shields and hull! An invisible ship!

The scimitar is a terrible ship in comparison to the Tormentor type S, just because of the ship bonus.

True!

but for me I don’t really care for bonus! for now

I have no regrets buying the Garm and the Minotaur (pre-patch, when it was called the Centaur 2). Both of them, as Imperial frigates, can endure. I’m not sure what the Garm’s engineer durability bonus entails now, but I was told it meant that the Garm heals more.

Now, as I am but two synergy levels away from the Naga, I am looking at Federation engies, and wonder if they really are any good at T4/T5.

Naga seems to be a really strong ship, T5 empire engi, I’m sure it will have shitloads of hull, idk why you would like any fed engi having such a nice ship, only for the speed? hmm

Naga seems to be a really strong ship, T5 empire engi, I’m sure it will have shitloads of hull, idk why you would like any fed engi having such a nice ship, only for the speed? hmm

The sheer speed you have on Federate Frigates is an extra layer of defence in itself. Can you run as fast as an Imperial Interceptor on Imperial Engineers?..

I’m sure it will have shitloads of hull

Oh, if only I’d be lucky enough to loot T5 Armor-Plated Hull and Reinforced Beams in battle. Great, now I’m having second thoughts. Hull, hull, hull. One of these days, I’m returning to the Empire, and I’ll seek the Wardens’ patronage.

Oryngton, did you say interceptor speed on a frigate? I’m… intrigued.

The sheer speed you have on Federate Frigates is an extra layer of defence in itself. Can you run as fast as an Imperial Interceptor on Imperial Engineers?..

Indeed, but for the popular frigballs I prefer more hull than more speed. In T3 the only good engi is the Styx, Anakondas are faster but they melt in seconds.

Oh, if only I’d be lucky enough to loot T5 Armor-Plated Hull and Reinforced Beams in battle. Great, now I’m having second thoughts. Hull, hull, hull. One of these days, I’m returning to the Empire, and I’ll seek the Wardens’ patronage.

Oryngton, did you say interceptor speed on a frigate? I’m… intrigued.

Anaconda & Anaconda-M on afterburner can fly as fast as my Kris-AE without afterburn.

I suggest the empire because when you are in T5 you’re getting the DRAGON and then you can act like The Punisher.

I suggest the empire because when you are in T5 you’re getting the DRAGON and then you can act like The Punisher.

Without the Pulsar and minus 2 guns.

Engineers are targets to the enemy.  Survivability is more important than speed.  Naga has a module strength boost of 25%, and main weapon damage boost.  It’ll heal faster, and do more damage.  The reloading rate increase of 20% on the T-Rex would really only apply to barriers, warpgates, and charging stations.  The charging stations wouldn’t make it worth it to have less survivability and less damage.  R15 implants apply to all ships so that extra implant’s meaningless if you already have R15 somewhere else.  I’d say the Naga wins hands down.  It’s a little slower, but if it’s thick in the battle and supported it should be safer.  Your only problem would be getting back into the battle, but you could just load a warpgate instead of static barrier if that actually becomes an issue.

Without the Pulsar and minus 2 guns.

And without Drones, and that laser that reduces your hull points, and without 100000000000000000000000000 hull points