T3 Ship balance

So 2 days ago i hit T3 finaly, i waited long enough to start with a full blue/mkII euip.

But what a disappointment.

T3 is all about frigs, i thought t2 was already bit unblanced but in t3 i hit a wall flying anything else then a frig too.

Most frigs can just tank my interceptor forever while jericho missiles, pulsars and tons of ecm warfare make me a smolding wreck in seconds.

How do you fly a ceptor in t3?

I don’t get how there are threads that Interceptors are too strong and too weak at the same time. When I fly my Interceptors I drop prox bombs and mines on top of the frigs. You also have the best CC(Stasis) in the game that you can use in all kinds of fun things.

Even when I die during that time their sniper group is firing on me and not my team.

They may be strong in t2-t1.

But if 10/12 ppl fly frigs in t3 battles there is something wrong, isnt it?

Just hit T3 but  so far last 2 days seems like a good mix of ships, I mean trying to carry the emp bomb in my frig is me dead. Also in my interceptor it’s my best ship for catching bomb carrier or taking nodes.

:D… im fed frigate did someone say im op

:D… im fed frigate did someone say im op

Nope he meant the other frigs…

oh… :(…

oh… :(…

Kinda my thoughts too…but I’ve gone too far with Fed frigs to turn back now…someone please tell me they are epic in tier 4.

Kinda my thoughts too…but I’ve gone too far with Fed frigs to turn back now…someone please tell me they are epic in tier 4.

No they are not, quite the opposite. Then again, not many ppl in t4 my matches there always included bots and a [ESB] premade squad steamrolling everything.

pretty much most games are old veteran dudes steamrolling if one side doesn’t have experienced dudes lol

Don’t pick 9th ranked ships and you won’t be matched against ESB T4 squads ever. 9th ranked ships has a chance to be matched against t4. 8th ranked ships are in safe! :wink:

T3+ Interceptors are fine, try to use evasive maneuveres. It is very hard to hit skilled interceptors!

P.S. I’m the one of ESB pilots…

I realized after buying and doing the same thing that my Interceptor(Elf) was slower than some fighters.

I was very upset by this news and pretty much I am switching to Federation.  I can’t believe I spent like 3 million credits buying an Interceptor in Tier 3 that doesn’t break 400m/s.  Why are Empire Interceptors so slow?  The disparity wasn’t apparent until Tier 3, really.

Train synergy, fit light armor coating, shield mod(+speed, I don’t know its English name), power mod(+speed), also fit collision compensators(for maneuverability). Imperial interceptors are great ships, but need some practice to fly on them.

I realized after buying and doing the same thing that my Interceptor(Elf) was slower than some fighters.

I was very upset by this news and pretty much I am switching to Federation.  I can’t believe I spent like 3 million credits buying an Interceptor in Tier 3 that doesn’t break 400m/s.  Why are Empire Interceptors so slow?  The disparity wasn’t apparent until Tier 3, really.

Try use Light hull, Shield with speed bonus(lower your resist) and Capacitor with speed bonus(lower your max capactor) and use the overdrive truster(active mod). My ship go 684m/s with this

Try use Light hull, Shield with speed bonus(lower your resist) and Capacitor with speed bonus(lower your max capactor) and use the overdrive truster(active mod). My ship go 684m/s with this

Thank you for the advice.

What I am talking about is the fact my BASE speed is slower than the base speed of ALL OTHER interceptors.  And quite a few fighters.

I have the Light Hull, I have a purple Compensator, ect.  I’ve done all that but because my base starts off lower I just won’t ever be as fast as the other interceptors, for sure, and I will maybe be faster than some Fighters :confused:

Take a look at the Empire speed on the Interceptors sometime and compare them and you’ll see what I am talking about.

I was scouting T2/T3 matches the past few days and I think the “Frigate Blob” habit in T1 has carried over, seen lots of frigates camping on spawns. Invariably, they always lose as they allow intys and fighters to cap or bomb freely. So yes they are easy to use and kill with, but are also very easy to lose with due to their ponderous and “campy” nature.

Miep, other than the speed mods they recommended, I also recommend Emergency Barrier, it is a 3 sec invincibility shield, helps you when something manages to clip you, and Phase Modulator (cloaking) to break enemy locks and tracking.

My config for my Black Boomer

Passive: E-Barrier + Weapons Cooling

Active: Shield Booster + Phase Modulator + Stasis Generator + Self Destruct

Mods: Light Weight Hull, Broadband Scanner, Light Shields, Power Conduit

Weapons: Rapid Fire Rail + Shaped Charges Mod

Missiles: Plasma rockets, Tactical Nuke

It’s a bit suicidy but damn lot of laughs when you decloak on a blob, stasis someone, fire the nuke+some rockets, web then self destruct once the E-Barrier kicks in. If they are careless you can easily get a double kill like that.

Mission wise, it is a lot of help, if you are almost dead, you fly up to a beacon with 4 drones, then self destruct, it allows anyone following you to immediately start the capture instead of having to shoot the drones 1st, and gives you 48 points right off. Much more effective than flying a 3/4 dead inty around the battlefield waiting to be someone’s kill.

Thank you for the advice.

What I am talking about is the fact my BASE speed is slower than the base speed of ALL OTHER interceptors.  And quite a few fighters.

I have the Light Hull, I have a purple Compensator, ect.  I’ve done all that but because my base starts off lower I just won’t ever be as fast as the other interceptors, for sure, and I will maybe be faster than some Fighters :confused:

Take a look at the Empire speed on the Interceptors sometime and compare them and you’ll see what I am talking about.

Empire ships are slow, but durable.

And fast ships, like Fed interceptor,  are paper planes, die too fast. If you have problem with you interceptor, play the defender role till you

get used. And with the interceptor rank 9 you will be more durable, i know rank 7interceptor suck.

“I can’t believe I spent like 3 million credits buying an Interceptor in Tier 3 that doesn’t break 400m/s”

Wait a sec… My totally tricked out T3 Inty, and I got ALL the speed mods, only hits a max of ~325 m/s, base of about 26X m/s. Where can you hit 400?

theres a skill that increase movespeed by 30 or 50 i think :smiley: in fed rank 8 or 9 i think

I was scouting T2/T3 matches the past few days and I think the “Frigate Blob” habit in T1 has carried over, seen lots of frigates camping on spawns. Invariably, they always lose as they allow intys and fighters to cap or bomb freely. So yes they are easy to use and kill with, but are also very easy to lose with due to their ponderous and “campy” nature.

Miep, other than the speed mods they recommended, I also recommend Emergency Barrier, it is a 3 sec invincibility shield, helps you when something manages to clip you, and Phase Modulator (cloaking) to break enemy locks and tracking.

My config for my Black Boomer

Passive: E-Barrier + Weapons Cooling

Active: Shield Booster + Phase Modulator + Stasis Generator + Self Destruct

Mods: Light Weight Hull, Broadband Scanner, Light Shields, Power Conduit

Weapons: Rapid Fire Rail + Shaped Charges Mod

Missiles: Plasma rockets, Tactical Nuke

It’s a bit suicidy but damn lot of laughs when you decloak on a blob, stasis someone, fire the nuke+some rockets, web then self destruct once the E-Barrier kicks in. If they are careless you can easily get a double kill like that.

Mission wise, it is a lot of help, if you are almost dead, you fly up to a beacon with 4 drones, then self destruct, it allows anyone following you to immediately start the capture instead of having to shoot the drones 1st, and gives you 48 points right off. Much more effective than flying a 3/4 dead inty around the battlefield waiting to be someone’s kill.

Well, thx, but a Jericho frig can clean a beacon with 1 missile without dieing, so totaly waste.

Nope, just switched to a frig too and doing fine. Eat my Pulsars :stuck_out_tongue:

Just hoping devs may address it.