Survival mode: Please remove it, it's getting very annoying!

Please, remove this annoying game mode from regular PvP and put it to only Custom Battle or Custom Lobby, when you can play it anytime you want with your friends.

I am getting sick of it! Every 2nd battle is this ****** Survival mode! People are just disconnecting from it and try to play with different ships!

To make matters worse, some A. Cage contracts as well as regular ones, do not count for it as well.

With the next update 1.3.14, I hope that we will no longer get it. 9/10 people most likely agree with me.

If you got troubles doing so, I can help you:

Spoiler

I feel like im doing something wrong by playing everything equally and in a somewhat fun way… In any case i would like the cost of repairs reduced and thats the only change that would be good together with survival.

8 minutes ago, ORCA1911 said:

I feel like im doing something wrong by playing everything equally and in a somewhat fun way… In any case i would like the cost of repairs reduced and thats the only change that would be good together with survival.

I think, maybe a balanced fix to Survival could be cutting the repair costs to a third, since its 3 times the dmg, repairs could be 33% of the normal repairs.

(For those who need math)

Tyrant costs around 160,000 cR to repair on all game modes. In survival, you would repair it for 53,333 cR. 

I think Survival, with the fix, would mean less camping and more fun rather than competition… would be great IMO ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”) 

Forget repair costs. This game mode is annoying to me.

I would dislike it less, if there would be a chance to complete all the contracts directly there. Problem is that I get it 7 out of 10 times on average.

Still, since Capture the Beacons mode got removed, I think that this one should be removed as soon as possible.

Well, you can always try to go with a command and ranged buffs, gets you assists= 200 kills voucher mission done in 3-4 games. Also it’s a great way for massive syn per game. I tend to see the positive sides of these modes to suit my voucher mission and since you have most of the ships you have plenty to choose from i guess ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”) I mean, you can look at it that way if you want, just helping.

For once i agree with you Koro, Cinnamon said this would be a tested mode for a single weekend. No word on why it was extended for weeks on end when it is a joke of a gamemode that has no serious play involved…feels like bloody Call of Duty playing it.

25 minutes ago, ORCA1911 said:

Well, you can always try to go with a command and ranged buffs, gets you assists= 200 kills voucher mission done in 3-4 games. Also it’s a great way for massive syn per game. I tend to see the positive sides of these modes to suit my voucher mission and since you have most of the ships you have plenty to choose from i guess ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”) I mean, you can look at it that way if you want, just helping.

Well, I already wrote this on multiple occasions. Regular contracts do not work, any of them, except for daily Broker’s missions.

If they would do some effort to include all of those, then it would at least be less annoying, because you would still get some benefit out of it.

Gotta watch my contracts then, im not sure the mode counted my k/a count. Weird.

38 minutes ago, ORCA1911 said:

Gotta watch my contracts then, im not sure the mode counted my k/a count. Weird.

Check corporate contracts as well. ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

Survival mode is one of those things that require a specific ship build. This is too much to ask for from this community, just like asking them to bring more than one ship was too much to ask for.

It’s ok, just needs less amount I guess. Also whoever said ctb is gone, well your beacon must be captured, because it’s here again :stuck_out_tongue:

You people seriously need to learn how to fly with an LRF or covops in this mode.

50 minutes ago, MightyHoot said:

This mode is perfect. Best mode out there.

And you PvE-lovers want to remove it?!

EMGNcelebgonebad9.gif

This mod is horrible for everything but LRF and CO.

And it doesn’t even count for Vouchers missions so it makes us loosing time.

I love my Brokk, but no way I fly that in Survival to be one shoted by a LRF torp.

Even destroyers are one shoted (Hello plasma arc), I mean come one ?

Support this!
If I have to play the dessy mission and got this mode: Insta DC from me.

@Swifter: Even 1 J torp is enough for R8 to kill them in OS.

The day will come, and it will be replaced with another experimental game mode ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

1 hour ago, CinnamonFake said:

The day will come, and it will be replaced with another experimental game mode ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

You guys do know that experimenting on humans is illegal, right?

You have all that Alien’s zoo (Open Space) why don’t you experiment on them? ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

2 hours ago, CinnamonFake said:

Survival dog tag mode? Destroyed ship will now drop dog tag container and team that get the most dog tags win the battle. Let’s see who can stay alive while picking those up  ![:005j:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/005j.png “:005j:”)

35 minutes ago, Milfeulle said:

Survival dog tag mode? Destroyed ship will now drop dog tag container and team that get the most dog tags win the battle. Let’s see who can stay alive while picking those up  ![:005j:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/005j.png “:005j:”)

Forces close range combat.  . . .nice call.  Also forces fast game style.

n8ywrt.jpg

Would it pick up instantly or would they have to hang around like a bomb?

15 hours ago, Milfeulle said:

Now THIS I can get behind. It’s like Kill Confirmed in BLR!