Surge of Jerico LRF

Any engineer T3+ can tank the torps.

I’ve only come across one so far since I picked up the Jericho LRF.

But he was NASA. And those guys get custom ships all the time so outlier?

As I said, stupid players excluded. I’m also still killing frigates left and right with interceptors because none of them fit torpedoes and/or coils. GG

Talking about the dumb f’s populating this game: I just hopped on to do contracts and had the pleasure to get combat recon (I need beacons, you hear me, beacons!) with an expert captain who spawned this Styx and then had the audacity to complain to the team when he instantly imploded:

BteHa7F.jpg

I don’t think I could click such an abomination together even if I tried.

That’s the thing though, if you balance for the single digit IQ of the average player then the skilled players spiral out of control.

That styx is actually unfitted…although not 100% certain…he might have a shield-regen increase mod on there!

I fly T3 Feds engineer now and then, combination of resists and armadillo implant on it let me tank torpedos all day long, just have to make sure to drop repair station on a side so they don’t get popped by torps AOE dmg.

To be fair i use Armodillo on everything :0 so i am not as afraid of EM torpedos on my intys /fighters while disassembling lone frigates.

I dont see anything wrong with that. A speed tanked engineer is more than viable.

BteHa7F.jpg

That styx is actually unfitted…although not 100% certain…he might have a shield-regen increase mod on there!

Yeah, was thinking unfitted + the worst possible implants - he had 3 frigates slotted so lol.

I dont see anything wrong with that. A speed tanked engineer is more than viable.

You must not forget the irony tags or I might take you seriously one day.

its not a speed tank, its a positioning tank. the way i have it set is 4 heals and 400 speed, but flying like this is huge stress on map awareness - wrong turn and you agro half of the enemy team. The only thing is that there are 1-2 maps/mode combinations that its next to impossible to execute this tactics effectively.

There’s a LARGE difference between Imperial and Federate Frigate speed, though. As in, it’s almost halved.

erm guys,

You must not forget the irony tags or I might take you seriously one day.

i forgot them tags

[edit]

• that ship is taking almost the full amount of effective damage on all damage types. he’ll pop in seconds by any random gunship who didn’t forget to activate overdrive.

best part is, he might not even be able to missile or target whoever is shooting at him lawl. plasma gun inty could just troll him sitting still

erm guys,

i forgot them tags

Trust these forums to steamroll over irony any day. :smiley:

BteHa7F.jpg uooUk4J.jpg

This guy is actually interesting.

Almost identical Hull / Shield HP but his Res is wayyy off course. I thought he traded for speed but apparently not. While capacitor is marginally better it still is unique in a bad way. He definitely used the + speed - ab energy use mod but still way lower than mine. I didn’t think synergy changed attributes that much … rawr.

Amazing find Snib.

Amazing find Snib.

Only because he was captain. I always check the captain before it starts to estimate whether he stands a chance or whether he’ll instantly die. If it’s an instant death case I don’t even try to defend. :wink:

uooUk4J.jpg

This guy is actually interesting.

Almost identical Hull / Shield HP but his Res is wayyy off course. I thought he traded for speed but apparently not. While capacitor is marginally better it still is unique in a bad way. He definitely used the + speed - ab energy use mod but still way lower than mine. I didn’t think synergy changed attributes that much … rawr.

Amazing find Snib.

you don’t have to gray out your resists :)) by the info you provided its not hard to work out every module type on your ship+implants, not rocket science :slight_smile: plus those stats aren’t invisible during the game. Imagine you are in North Korea - there are no secrets :))

you don’t have to gray out your resists :)) by the info you provided its not hard to work out every module type on your ship+implants, not rocket science :slight_smile: plus those stats aren’t invisible during the game. Imagine you are in North Korea - there are no secrets :))

^^^^

I stole a few fits from others when I started playing by simply looking at their stats and working out how they have their implants/modules lined up.

old habits die hard baby … 

take Funky for eg. I know he tanks kinetic so much it’s faster to kill him with plasma on hulls.

take Funky for eg. I know he tanks kinetic so much it’s faster to kill him with plasma on hulls.

Haha, up to the last patch I used to be super tanked vs kinetic in my recon. Since 0.9.4 I lowered that a lot, just enough to survive Gauss gunships critting and Kris AE trolling you. Nobody else shoots or at least hits with kinetic anymore.

I actually don’t do that o.O I do fit an kinetic resist since I don’t like a massive hole in my resists, but EM resist is my highest on all my ships :wink:

WHY was it given any Shield Slots ?  

So they can fly out away from spawn