Suggestion for a Unique Craftable Bomb

So this is a mere suggestion for another T5 craftable missile slot weapon, this time taking inspiration from the tactical nuke.

Rather, it is an “Osmium Alloy Bomb”. This device is a deployable bomb, similar to the nuke in terms of stats, but with a smaller blast and cloud radius, shorter timer, and less damage. Instead of doing thermal damage however it deals kinetic, having a similar effect as the Kinetic Supercharger’s frag cloud for the cloud. It will have a 3 second timer, allowing less time to escape, hence balancing the smaller radius and lower damage.

[story]-

After some experiments utilizing compounds of Osmium and Plutonium in vague attempts to make a smaller, more compact nuclear warhead, Mercenary scientists eventually created a new type of bomb almost incidentally. This bomb is less stable than a plutonium core Fission Warhead, but it is also more compact, allowing it to be carried in unmodified missile bays. Sadly, due to scarcity and stability issues, only three can be carried at a time due to the risk of a chain reaction with any greater amount.

Tier- 5 (R13-15) ALL SHIPS

Blast- 10500 Kinetic Damage.

Recharge-20 seconds

Explosive Radius- 1750m

Cartridges- 3

Cartridge Reload Time- 90 seconds

Cloud Radius- 280m 300m

Cloud Duration- 8 Seconds

Cloud Damage- 1500/sec (Kinetic)

Timer- 5 seconds. 3 seconds

could you please tell me the specifications of such a bomb? Its damage, range, duration of effect, tier or ship class restrictios, etc. A poll maybe? You can mention all this info in the original post. I was inspired by koros suggestions, could you please make it clearer?

could you please tell me the specifications of such a bomb? Its damage, range, duration of effect, tier or ship class restrictios, etc. A poll maybe? You can mention all this info in the original post. I was inspired by koros suggestions, could you please make it clearer?

Edited. Thanks for the heads up.

Just thought of this, in passing:

What about a bomb that sticks to a ship, i.e. magnetic - that way it ensures a good amount of damage to the intended target.

Just thought of this, in passing:

What about a bomb that sticks to a ship, i.e. magnetic - that way it ensures a good amount of damage to the intended target.

that would make it a mine, not a bomb…

I would make it availiable for all tiers, but covops class only OR make it availiable for T5 but also for all ship classes. The other option would be especially effective on reverse thruster lrfs to deal against annoying inties. Damage is fine, but the timer isn’t for me. 3 seconds is fair for such a weapon. explosive radius is smaller than anything. basically everyone can escape from such a blast interceptors especially. 1750 m is better. The cloud stays the same. But if you want the values to stay as these are right now, add one more charge to the cartridge.

I would make it availiable for all tiers, but covops class only OR make it availiable for T5 but also for all ship classes. The other option would be especially effective on reverse thruster lrfs to deal against annoying inties. Damage is fine, but the timer isn’t for me. 3 seconds is fair for such a weapon. explosive radius is smaller than anything. basically everyone can escape from such a blast interceptors especially. 1750 m is better. The cloud stays the same. But if you want the values to stay as these are right now, add one more charge to the cartridge.

well it was intended to be similar to the DDay missile in terms of availability: T5, all ship class, craftable.

Timer reduced to 3 seconds, although this was intended as a counter LRF/Fighter weapon. I kinda see why the larger radius though, so radius increased.

Charges increased to 3.

Now we are back to a semi-nuke.

well, atleast the guards could tank the damages.

Forwarded to the devs

Forwarded to the devs

Danke.

Self-Made Model Image.

post-255018-0-64756700-1438234892.png

More model suggestions, this time with a new model (albeit textureless).

Now with High and Low Polycount models, and an idea of how the bomb is orientated in terms of player direction/orientation.

This is to show how much I am willing to aid the dev team in terms of this concept, especially after seeing all (or most) missiles sharing the same model as the tactical nuclear warhead, while the dreadnought torpedoes (among a rare few other examples) having their own exclusive model and texture.

The different model could also deter confusion, thus eliminating bug reports of a “glitch nuke” should players be unaware of the patch notes* entering T5 games where this weapon is intended to be used (hence the rank lock).

Rather, it will seem odd but obviously not a nuclear warhead or a “frozen missile” both up close and from afar prior to it’s detonation.

I am willing to acknowledge that these images are not intended to be the final product, rather instead they are again, suggestions, for the bomb model which they can conceptualize the final product on, hence the simplicity of such models.

*-Patch notes of the patch that adds this weapon into the game, among other content, fixes, and upgrades/modifications.

post-255018-0-23778800-1438547804.png

post-255018-0-11716500-1438547811.png

And out of boredom, 3 concept suggestions for the indicator light (as seen on the tactical warhead).

Blue or Red or any other color is fine with me.

post-255018-0-99720200-1438552029.png

Good day! Thank you for this idea and especially for extra details and visualization. We do appreciate. Your post is a great source of inspiration for the future development.