Let’s try come up with solutions for this poor class.
One thought i had about it was to increase the effectiveness of it’s special module with 2 new effects:
Speed bonus when cloaked;
A few seconds (5 maybe?) of increased damage (and maybe module power) after decloaking - both player forced or effect running out or just the forced one
Proton wall should also affect Spy Drones - a spy droned tackler is a dead tackler or has to sit at the back of the map until the effect runs out (well not literally, but you know what i mean)
They are squishy as hell, mostly slow (which completely contradicts their class since they have to catch their target to tackle it) and don’t pose a threat at all unless you find yourself behind enemy lines alone as an easy target for focused fire.
The only really viable tacklers to successfully make a use of their role now are the ones with 50% range bonus on their specific modules since they can tackle from a safe distance, even when on the offense.
If the special module buff doesn’t suit people, then i suggest an overall survivability buff - HP levels and / or modules that would give them an extra escape option or something to allow them to survive.
I could use some info on T4-5 tacklers. Just bought the fed R12 one, but didnt use it yet. I did fly against them though and didn’t leave an impression on me of any kind.
My first thoughts. Looking for more ideas / solutions.
EDIT: i would break it down to ‘per ship’ analysis if possible, but didn’t fly many of them, stopped at Silent Fox a while ago after deciding they’re trash.
EDIT 2: added poll
EDIT 3: explanations for each choice
Tackler special and active modules or other tweaks part 1
- Speed buff when cloaked
When you activate Chameleon to cloak your ship receives extra base speed while under the effect.
- Decloak damage buff after-effect
When your ship comes out of the Chameleon effect naturally or forced, you receive temporary extra damage bonus.
- Increase survivability / agility / speed according to faction
Overall increase in these stats, percentage based, depending on faction (feds more speed and agility, jeri more tank and agility).
If you think you want more separation in this line write a comment, but this option looks reasonable to me as not to leave either faction’s tackler out.
- Inhibitor Beam should also debuff maneuverability
Self-explanatory. Eventually increased cooldowns.
- If cloak is forcefully broken (by the tackler’s own pilot) the cooldown till next activation is lower
- If cloak is forcefully broken (by an enemy) the cooldown till next activation is lower
Tackler special and active modules or other tweaks part 2
- Target painter extra - missiles launched against target receive better turn rates
Every friendly missile launched AFTER the target painter affects the focused enemy ship will have extra rotation bonus. No extra speed. Damage is increased naturally by the resistance debuff. Be aware this can lead to missile spamming, so vote according to that as well.
- If cloak activates under any detection module effect, the ship remains visible, but not targetable (combat recon captain as an example)
Basically the Spy Drones will retain their full effect on the tackler, except that nothing can lock onto it. Same with Micro-locator. Plasma Web will remain as-is, it is not a detection module (just in case someone was wondering) - this applies to all counter mods.
- If the Chameleon special cloaking module receives new effects, i want tacklers to receive varied bonuses for them
Self-explanatory. Give the tacklers more role power.
- I want buffs to the Chameleon special cloaking module only in the form of varied tackler bonuses
If you don’t like the buffs to be global for tacklers, you might want bonuses reworked to give such buffs differently per different ships. Do not treat this option related to the above options, in case the devs also don’t want global effects like that for the Chameleon. Vote as a standalone option, still counts.
Other stuff i thought about / collected from the discussion
- Re-work tackler bonuses per general (into more logical ones - disregard new possible cloak module effects)
If you feel like the tacklers’ bonuses are not set right, vote yes. No or don’t care otherwise. DO NOT VOTE IF you didn’t learn all their bonuses and tried to understand them.
- If survivability is increased at point 1.7, decrease agility / speed (according to faction)
Related to part 1, options 7, 8 and 9 (‘Tackler special and active modules or other tweaks part 1’, ‘7 / 8 / 9. Increase survivability / agility / speed according to faction: YES / NO / I DON’T CARE’).
If you think a survivability buff would make them OP and should compensate with the others decreased.
- If speed / agility is increased at point 1.7, decrease survivability (according to faction)
Same idea as above, but vice-versa.
- Proton affects spy drones