(sub)faction icon should be added for every item in store/armory

I am proposing a very simple change, which may improve existing interface just a bit to help newer players and the old ones as well.

When you are about to buy (shop) any mark I item, you should get the icon - symbol of the (sub)faction this item belongs to. (Empire - Legion, Wardens, Federation - Armada, Vanguard, Jericho - Techs, Raids)

If you got mark I or II version, your interface will show you what kind of loyalty vouchers do you need to upgrade that item further for mark III and mark IV, artifact requirement number or available purple orb to upgrade.

This is how it is made now. I will explain below how to improve this, so you know immediately what you need.

2 examples below:

wwi334.png

The icon “symbol” should have origin of this weapon “founder of the weapon” in the Shop displayed, in this case, Federation - Armada.

The icon of the (sub-faction) should be added below [Weaponry] tag.

So, if the shop gets the point of origin for that weapon, the armory should get it as well.

ogc5z4.png

The icon “symbol” should have origin of this weapon " founder of the weapon" in the Armory displayed, in this case, Empire - Legion.

The icon of the (sub-faction) should be added above Manufacture option.

Also sign Manufacture should be greyed out, if you did not obtain the blueprint yet.

If you hover your mouse on Manufacture sign, it will say manufacturable and then you will be directed to the Workshop, when you will get the information that you need to obtain this specific weapon blueprint.

I am suggesting, that the option is automatically greyed out, if you do not have any means to craft it - manufacture one such weapon.

If in the future you will also need loyalty vouchers again to obtain mark V blueprints any other way, the icon should be added in the Workshop as well.

Anyway, with that in mind, It should be easier to recognize, what kind of loyalty vouchers do you need to get for the following weapons, modules and equipment without any need to go looking on the forum here.

I also posted a link below.

Also, thanks for capnnic for that information here:

[http://forum.star-conflict.com/index.php?/topic/21874-mkiii-modules-loyalty-vouchers-costs/](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/21874-mkiii-modules-loyalty-vouchers-costs/)

Sincerely, Koromac

You can also hover your mouse over the “upgrade” button and see the costs for each upgrade (other than mk. 5).

You can also use the rule that projectile colour -> faction

Red -> Empire

Blue/white -> Fed

Yellow -> Jericho

Of course, already displayed is exactly what you need to upgrade a module, so there’s that. I’d appreciate a little symbol on the actual icon so I can see at a glance exactly what I need without needed to click on the thing, though. That’d be convenient.

Please, contribute to this thread.

We need good suggestions, so that the developers can improve current inteface even further.

It’s actually a good idea. 

You want something like that :

csPApfaqKKERA.png

INcsJsoKCjqHL.png

nefqqOKHQjLpq.png

good idea - thanks for the input

Forwarded to Devs

afterthought : let the symbol even for mk3 / 4 / 5 

Usefull for helping teammates fitting their ship etc.

Developers, make it happen! :wink:

I like HarlocK’s suggestion. I’d quite like to be able to sort the store by faction parts as well. It’s not always clear which faction ‘builds’ what.

actually it’s koromac’s suggestion

actually it’s koromac’s suggestion

Yeah, but your pics were clear and easy to understand; I didn’t really get what Koro was aiming at from his examples.

Not planned. The items don’t really “belong” to a faction. If we add something like this, players might think that you can only use it with certain factions or their ships and get confused.

Not planned. The items don’t really “belong” to a faction. If we add something like this, players might think that you can only use it with certain factions or their ships and get confused.

Maybe not, but you need their vouchers for mark III upgrades.

You know this isn’t the case here. It’s meant to indicate voucher requirements from the start.

If you are worried about that, we need a good tutorial.

Maybe someone in charge should give me access to Wikipedia of Star Conflict.

Maybe not, but you need their vouchers for mark III upgrades.

You know this isn’t the case here. It’s meant to indicate voucher requirements from the start.

If you are worried about that, we need a good tutorial.

Maybe someone in charge should give me access to Wikipedia of Star Conflict.

If you want to help editing the wiki, you just need to send me a pm.

If you want to help editing the wiki, you just need to send me a pm.

This is not something that belongs in the wiki alone. Something as basic as explaining currencies needs to be in-game.

And honestly, it can be a little tricky to distinguish. I keep confusing Wardens and Legion items because they both use gold eagles and I can’t tell the symbols apart at a glance.

This is one of the reasons the search feature is a good idea - I want to be able to sort items by Wardens and see exactly what items those vouchers will buy me. Then I can do it with all the others and get a clear understanding, rather than the current system of going to the item, then having to do a double-check to make absolutely sure I’m getting the faction right.

Of course, what’s making that even worse is you need to buy the Mk II module before you can even check what you need - it’d be nice to be able to fully plan your progression from the outset.

This was already implemented.

Good work and thanks for doing this!

This thread can be closed now.