Stop changing the Salvage Economy

Salvaging Mk 2 kits for resources is a great way to farm for crafting materials, but it is a pain the in a** when the economy keeps changing. For the past few weeks months, it has been almost impossible to get any graphite from salvaging mk 2 kits (t4 and t5), despite the fact that graphite is critical in completing a secret project. The salvaging economy needs to stay the same and have equal dispersement of the material combinations. (So the 5 metal blanks and 5 computing chips is salvaged from the same number of kits as 2 graphite 5 metal blanks, and 4 osmium 3 silicon is the same too, etc.)

Having the economy change so drastically and so frequently makes it almost impossible for anyone to have a reliable way of getting materials to build these ships.

Oh wait, I forgot… The devs implement these secret projects, but they don’t want us to have them… so they make it impossible for us to get them…

Disregard this post then…

Salvaging Mk 2 kits for resources is a great way to farm for crafting materials, but it is a pain the in a** when the economy keeps changing. For the past few weeks months, it has been almost impossible to get any graphite from salvaging mk 2 kits (t4 and t5), despite the fact that graphite is critical in completing a secret project. The salvaging economy needs to stay the same and have equal dispersement of the material combinations. (So the 5 metal blanks and 5 computing chips is salvaged from the same number of kits as 2 graphite 5 metal blanks, and 4 osmium 3 silicon is the same too, etc.)

Having the economy change so drastically and so frequently makes it almost impossible for anyone to have a reliable way of getting materials to build these ships.

Oh wait, I forgot… The devs implement these secret projects, but they don’t want us to have them… so they make it impossible for us to get them…

Disregard this post then…

Well, I got a screenshot of salvaging T5 mark II and mark IV kits.

Same component, different resources.

I can confirm your words. It never stays the same. There were more changes in the past as well.

That’s one of the reasons, why I did not put the list of salvage on the forum.

I mean, why would I bother, if in 1 or 2 weeks, the list becomes absolete anyway?

I can tell you, what might happen soon.

You’ll have to pay for the packages, for materials, that you can obtain in Invasion mode.

Of course, it’s all optional, if you wish to spend 2-3 hours per day in Invasion, to get from 5 to 10 pieces of some resources and farm for the next 2 to 3 months,

to have enough for one secret project ship.

Resource packages, with possible bonuses, not even guaranteed, such as graphite plates or ore and crystals, etc.

Internal ship components might be added as well, but I doubt they will be, since it will be like a shortcut, if you compare between those choices.

My top secret projects can wait for a year or maybe forever. It’s a shame, that you can’t produce 12 slot top secret project ship. Then, it may be worth it.

I found each update the materials change from particular mk2 kits salvaging. This is very nice thing for me.

I found each update the materials change from particular mk2 kits salvaging. This is very nice thing for me.

I agree it would be nice for the kits that give certain material sets to change, but the fact that the number of kits that give a certain set changes is what the problem is. If they would leave the numbers of kits that drop which sets the same, I would have no issue with the kits changing what they drop, but they keep changing the economy so that one specific resource is far harder to get than the rest, and for the past few months, that resource has been graphite. I just want the same number of kits to drop a certain set of materials as another group of kits. 

One simple solution to fix this is:

Implement the list of resources you would get, each time you click on the salvage option for the mark II or mark IV upgrade kit, before confirming the message.

It’s so simple:

• when you click on salvage option, you should have the full list of shown salvaged materials, before you would actually accept it

I will show it here.

10xvrwl.png

263heti.png

19bu0.png

Under the sentence “Salvage this trophy?” make a list of materials you would get, with each salvage.

Of course, list should be updated, when given material is changed.

It’s so simple, really.

One simple solution to fix this is:

Implement the list of resources you would get, each time you click on the salvage option for the mk II or mark IV upgrade kit, before confirming the message.

It’s so simple:

• when you click on salvage option, you should have the full list of shown salvaged materials, before you would actually accept it

I will show it here.

10xvrwl.png

263heti.png

19bu0.png

Under the sentence “Salvage this trophy?” make a list of materials you would get, with each salvage.

Of course, list should be updated, when given material is changed.

It’s so simple, really.

So basically, tell people what they’re getting before they salvage. Seems reasonable enough.

this have already been forwarded but the Devs want to stay with this system

this have already been forwarded but the Devs want to stay with this system

Typical. Why do we even bother, if we get ignored?

At least, they should tell us, why do they think, this is a good idea?

The system can stay as it is.

I am only suggesting to add vital information, before you salvage the item.

Check my screenshots.

Extra information won’t hurt, if it informs the players, which salvaged materials they will get.

Ah, this thread again. Yes, getting told what the heck you’re getting before you salvage would be really nice. I remember trying to fill out a spreadsheet with the salvage materials when it started. That died real quick, what with no way to get information without losing hella credits, and unpredictable changes to salvage economy.

Please, review [this](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/26770-workshop-salvageable-items-should-be-listed-there-to-review-the-list-of-components/) thread and vote, to support a much better option.

AMEN to the above