Static shield radius expansion

I am having fun with the Procyon mostly for the sake of experimentation so far and I noticed that weapons with area effect deal damage to the ship almost the same way as if there was no Static shield placed in the direction of the incoming projectiles. No matter how neatly I place the three shields the incoming damage still seems to be too high.

I’m not sure if incoming damage differ depending on where shields are placed since at the front and rear of the ship these shields seem to be closer to the ship while on the sides somewhat further out.

So, I could imagine some adjusting here by expanding the radius of the sphere on which these shields are being placed in order to reduce area damage.

This is likely by design, similar to how Turtle enemies in Fire Support can be damaged by coil mortars. If the static shield could block all damage, except piercing projectiles like the Singularity Cannon, the survivability of destroyers would be vastly more absurd than what it already is.

I am not suggesting to make it block all the damage. It is just a little odd that I have 3 static shields in front of me and the raider cruiser missiles for example can eat my shield and hull up as if there were nothing there.

Engineers can hide behind their shields without being damaged. Commands use their shields without being damaged.

Maybe, fighting against enemy sideways is better since static shields are further out there. But of course covering the whole ship on the sides is harder.

That is also not clear how shield resistance work. Can it take 30K damage in total then disappears like command shield without energy left to support it?

I am not suggesting to make it block all the damage. It is just a little odd that I have 3 static shields in front of me and the raider cruiser missiles for example can eat my shield and hull up as if there were nothing there.

Engineers can hide behind their shields without being damaged. Commands use their shields without being damaged.

Ive played some games using shields vs explosives in my Invincible. Ive found that at some very specific situations you can prevent recieving dmg from cruiser missiles (at PVE). I like and dislike the shield mechanic (cool to stop fire, but feels OP sometimes), reason why i feel that a decent variety of weapons and missiles must be able to deal dmg even through static shields. I agree withFyhlen

It’s only OP in the Archon. Anything else will easily have their little shields busted by either intys, gunships, or other dests.

I feel that Thai mechanic is perfect as-is, because incoming fire can be countered by turning yourself into a 6-second guard with the shield turret.

It’s only OP in the Archon. Anything else will easily have their little shields busted by either intys, gunships, or other dests.

I feel that Thai mechanic is perfect as-is, because incoming fire can be countered by turning yourself into a 6-second guard with the shield turret.

im sorry i forgot to say at the begining of my post that i always meant for static shields (the missile slot), please take that into account.

Maybe it’s only the Procyon and on other destroyers main shield does not get as much damage, I don’t know. For blocking laser and em (not bubble) weapons it is good for sure. I used my destroyer for defending dreadnought and snipers could not even touch my main shield.

Maybe the later destroyer versions with more passive modules will partially solve the aoe damage.

Oh, another thing I don’t like is the shields blocking the view. It was one of my problems with engi deployable shield too. It would be great if it was much fainter. Especially when these shields are overlapping. And not only because of it blocking the view but it gives the ship position away like neon lights. I know it’s a big ship but it should not necessarily be an enemy magnet.