Star Conflict v.1.2 Discussion

With 1 horizon-

Q6lIE5K.jpg

You probably don’t have too much energy I guess. And 3,8kms range is not that much.

The Mass Driver is the last weapon i’d call weak. It’s not supposed to break guards. It’s a weapon to be ready against interceptors and fighters. The range isn’t supposed to be high at all and the damage is just fine. On Kraken i may reach easily over 6k Dps with more than 5k range. Though my criticals aren’t that good. Any ship will perrish. And not only on Long Ranges, also on Engineers and Guards this weapon is absolutely ready to fullfill it’s purpose, killing interceptors. More Dps than Beam Cannon, almost same precision, kinetic damage. For that it has less range, which is fair.

The only thing i may suggest is lowering RoF and increasing damage per shot, so Iridium Heatsinks are also avaible to increase the damage, because you need just 1 to get to max RoF, so you are forced to go with Pulse Dischargers if you want more damage.

You probably don’t have too much energy I guess. And 3,8kms range is not that much.

Energy is not a problem generally with r12 implant. Yes 3.8k isn’t much but is enough when you’re cloaked

i don’t see the point, was exactly what i said: medium to close range: perfect. but that’s not where the average LRF usually stands around.

as the snipers who do their jobs well can utilize it, with downsides of coming closer, it becomes a saw machinegun on steroids.

and it is perfect to defend single attackers. but as an attack weapon, you might rather choose a fast frigate, which again removes the high damage amounts.

i think anybody not trying it on a fast frig misses the real fun of that weapon, and then it seems very balanced.

it is also, as said, perfect for small and medium targets.

The only thing i may suggest is lowering RoF and increasing damage per shot, so Iridium Heatsinks are also avaible to increase the damage, because you need just 1 to get to max RoF, so you are forced to go with Pulse Dischargers if you want more damage.

which in my book is again fine, it does not need more damage per shot. you just mentioned why it actually should stay the way it is.

Personally I don’t really see the mass driver as OP. Like others have said, it is simply LRFs that make it seem that way. I agree with the suggestion to make RT cancel EM scattering, as that would fix most problems associated with the role.

which in my book is again fine, it does not need more damage per shot. you just mentioned why it actually should stay the way it is.

Exactly. Forcing a player to use pulse dischargers is actually a good thing with this weapon, as they are forced to spend a hull slot for passive armor or live without energy if they are on the move.

The Mass Driver is the last weapon i’d call weak. It’s not supposed to break guards. It’s a weapon to be ready against interceptors and fighters.

This. IMHO Mass Driver is more of a point defense weapon, for frigates to be able to take on an anti-inty role. I’ve been screwing around with an adaptive Fed guard with an MD and it’s been fantastic at taking inties and weak fighters down. However against other Guards it suffers, as it is 1. Kinetic damage, which Guards eat for breakfast, and 2. Not as much sheer DPS as HBs.

If there was any nerf to it, I’d say slightly increasing the spread or decreasing the ROF would make this weapon more balanced. However, it already is quite well-balanced as is, and fulfills its desired role very well.

Just throwing this out there.  I m so happy with this update. . . seconds to get a game.  Match making has given competitive games of all tiers, new ships look great.

QvdCLvV.png

I wander if there will be more patches

I wander if there will be more patches

I am sure, that there will be more updates or patches.

The problem with Mass Driver for me isn’t LRFs, but Guards and Engineers dealing fucktons of damage without much risk. It’s like heavy blaster but with waaaaaay more accurate and kinetic.

The problem with Mass Driver for me isn’t LRFs, but Guards and Engineers dealing fucktons of damage without much risk. It’s like heavy blaster but with waaaaaay more accurate and kinetic.

What happens with Mark 5 versions of the blueprints, once the event is gone?

What happens with Mark 5 versions of the blueprints, once the event is gone?

Nothing, you keep them, if you have at least the Mk1 version of it, you will be able to upgrade it eventually.

ok, been playing t3 destro ops and have some issues. the green and purple beams are a bit crazy. they have around 8k and more range, u cant shake em off and the best thing is they still fire on cloaked tacklers and thus reveal them and kill in seconds. anyone else with similar problems? since few ppl put the thought process to kill the right side of the destro, noone also notices that while the left side had loads of cover the right side is mostly open space and few rock that are too far to give u good shooting spot/can be destroyed by said lazzorzzz. also for real? that thing has more than 400 speed when it starts running for the gate. hell my tackler can keep up with it barely. nerf nerf? oh and please never goddam ever start spec ops with 10 or less players. always wait for 12. lost so many games where the bugger ran and survived at 1% hp …

Yeah and the orb missiles ignore em scatters unless you activate it after the missile was launched…

Was on Twitch and noticed the new matchmaker mechanics. I like it!

Was on Twitch and noticed the new matchmaker mechanics. I like it!

Now you should try it yourself  :001j:

Thank you, discussion of the patch is closed.