Star Conflict v.1.2.3 Discussion

Compared with the other russian devs (Wargamming) your patches at least make sense (most of the time)

But not everything is flowers and unicorns. There are still some issues which I didn’t want to mention again.

of course

• Games are still too short.

• The issue with combat recon matches still is there

• Joining already lost (or won) games is annoying.

• Summer weapons are still not available to general public or new players.

-But they are more dynamic now. However we are considering reworking this.

-Work in progress, but it takes time cause we want to make it right.

-Agree

-Soon.

I was busy with Legacy of the Void these past days.

xD

I still need to confirm that, but I think still prem ships give -1 rank to MM. Flying my R11 ships I was meeting Panthers and Oreluses, that are out of my rank range. Please take away that plague off the game.

Thus far I only have one concern. This patch gutted the Reaper frigate, which for some odd reason is considered Rank 8.

As a rank 8 ship, it no longer has access to adaptive shielding, which hurts this Federation guard considerably. It only has two shield slots, and is clearly designed for speed. Why else would a guard have 2x engine slots?

Is it possible to get access to adaptive shields a bit earlier in the tech tree, or get the Reaper bumped up from Rank 8 to Rank 9 so it can compete with the Sai and Blood Tormentor again?

I still need to confirm that, but I think still prem ships give -1 rank to MM. Flying my R11 ships I was meeting Panthers and Oreluses, that are out of my rank range. Please take away that plague off the game.

Info from patch note: Only ships of two neighbouring ranks can join the same battle (+1 or -1)

Thus far I only have one concern. This patch gutted the Reaper frigate, which for some odd reason is considered Rank 8.

They nerfed nearly all the guards modules at all ranks.

The Reaper is just a collateral victim.

As a rank 8 ship, it no longer has access to adaptive shielding, which hurts this Federation guard considerably. It only has two shield slots, and is clearly designed for speed. Why else would a guard have 2x engine slots?

Is it possible to get access to adaptive shields a bit earlier in the tech tree, or get the Reaper bumped up from Rank 8 to Rank 9 so it can compete with the Sai and Blood Tormentor again?

We are gathering feedback about ranks now. Maybe we will change our mind about this victim :slight_smile:

This is a nice step to p2w.
“We do half job, with badly designed changes” this can be the slogan for StarGem.

• 4vs4 league is just xxxx.
    We wrote it even on the Ru forums but nobody f*cking care. At least we see, the Russian community has the same problems as the English.
  • Dread battles become p2w specially the (III) sectors. (I know at the afternoon that was already removed but yeah. half job.)
    Some of the modules only available from R9 so the Deimon, Sigurdr, etc. give a huge advantage for the players who has DLC or GS ships.
    Now for dread you only can use R9 ships.
  • The MM become worst
  • No Teamplay under T5. So because the devs are too *"+Ř#$ or lazy to balance the teams, they removed it. Grat! When I started this game we started as 3-4 players and played it together. The new genatation won’t have this option anymore.
  • The tier mixing at modules are a good idea. But not as it is now.
  • The rank mixing is not a bad idea, but it needs more testing.
  • The Leagues can be a good idea, but not as it is now.

Sum: No professionally in this development/management team. The way where you move the game is not totally bad but the way how you do it is totally amateur.

This is a nice step to p2w.

“We do half job, with badly designed changes” this can be the slogan for StarGem.

We wrote it even on the Ru forums but nobody f*cking care. At least we see, the Russian community has the same problems as the English.

Oh man, we wrote that this is a test mode, for gathering as many teams as possible. How many teams can find 8 active players? 10, 20? 

Hold off on the vitriol on this one for a moment. I don’t disagree with the reasoning behind starting it off at 4v4, and they said they would change it if things pointed in that direction. We all expect that they will.

• Dread battles become p2w specially the (III) sectors. (I know at the afternoon that was already removed but yeah. half job.)

Some of the modules only available from R9 so the Deimon, Sigurdr, etc. give a huge advantage for the players who has DLC or GS ships.

Now for dread you only can use R9 ships.

I hadn’t considered this, this is actually a very serious issue. Either a lot of ships need to be moved to Rank 9 to solve it, or some modules need to be moved down to rank 8. I am in complete agreement with you on this.

With one important exception. The Reaper is part of a $50 DLC. It’s not really ok that this patch just reduced it to the tech equivalent of Tier 2.

I don’t want to sound all pay-to-win here, but nerfing the capabilities of a bought ship this drastically, especially when the DLC is that expensive, is a huge taboo.

I found a T5 Flux Phaser blueprint, but can’t buy the mk1 version. Fix it.

Only 2 people per squad? Well… we can’t go to that business conference IRL because you know, at that exact hour we have the only possibility to play PvP with the corp we joined! And don’t give me ‘PvE is open all the time’ as an excuse.

1-1 MM ratio would still work best, and i remember this ever since 0.8 and 0.9. Been going downhill ever since.

And implement the possibility in the store when we filter what level modules we are shown to also limit the lowest showing level. Example: i want to see every mod that crosses R9, but i want them to start from R7 up or R8 up instead of 5 and 6. This is in order to avoid buying R5-9 mods when i can buy R9-13 or R8-12 or so and still can be used on 9.

I found a T5 Flux Phaser blueprint, but can’t buy the mk1 version. Fix it.

We are aware of this. Fixing it.

And implement the possibility in the store when we filter what level modules we are shown to also limit the lowest showing level

Working on it.

PS: do something about the Jaguar. That ship cannot be countered by anything in the game.

We are gathering feedback about ranks now. Maybe we will change our mind about this victim :slight_smile:

Gathering informations about ranks will not change the fact that you linearized all the Guard’s Cooldown for all Rank with a limited battle timer, reducing the amount of use of this modules per battle.

With one important exception. The Reaper is part of a $50 DLC. It’s not really ok that this patch just reduced it to the tech equivalent of Tier 2.

The Reaper used to be my Training Guard for more than 1 year and was exceptionnaly fun to play. 

It’s not the first time that the Reaper is pushed in an abyssal black hole of nerf. But this time it won’t be able to crowl outside.

It’s also not new that the Reaper has been forgotten since a long time and can’t handle the meta change. A pirate Guard with 2 Shield Slots and 1 Hull slot without Adaptive Shield and Galvanised Armor is just bad. All the Guards at -1/+1 ranks are better than it. 

But you know, better nerf Guards.

Oh man, we wrote that this is a test mode, for gathering as many teams as possible. How many teams can find 8 active players? 10, 20? 

Yeah but this is not a beta game anymore as I remembers. You still working as a team of amateurs, the game is feels like a beta game. Each deployments introduce bugs and downtimes, after each deploy you make at least 2-3 small hotfixes… because you still have terrible QA and workflow.

So you will double the amount of the teams with this step? Did you played this game 4v4 on any of the beacon capture map? Did you played the old SQ?

The games should be at least 6v6. And the teams should come simply from corps. In a normal corp at main time you should have at least 1-2x8 player for this gamemode.

Why we need these leagues, why we start building a new team system on the top of the corps?

Maybe if you fill with bots that would help (#sarcasm)

PS: do something about the Jaguar. That ship cannot be countered by anything in the game.

What? what about recons uncloaking and slowing it, ECM stunning, Commands outtanking it, gunship out dpsing it, other tacklers slowing and killing it…

And frigates just shrug at them.

Jaguar is really fun to play, but it is far from OP, mostly because every jaguar is different.

Why remove 3-4 man squads from pvp?!?!

How are they OP?They fight against another 3-4 man squad.

It was hard enough to find a match with a 4 man squad (1-2 matches per day because,you know SC has so many active players) and now you remove it.

Btw for those who don’t know ELO rating still exists and matches are set by it but it’s hidden from the players for who knows what reason.

Ahhhh… you haven’t met my Jaguar, have you? The last time a frigate shrugged at it, said frigate ended up as a red cloud dispersing peacefully into space.

What? what about recons uncloaking and slowing it, ECM stunning, Commands outtanking it, gunship out dpsing it, other tacklers slowing and killing it…

Jaguar is really fun to play, but it is far from OP, mostly because every jaguar is different.

Jaguar is ok as a ship but Cruise engine is op.Target paint-use slowing modules-fire a missile-shoot 3 times with gauss- run 10km away-repeat.

Also, I didn’t test leagues yet. I was busy with Legacy of the Void these past days.

Crap, that’s out? I have to pick that up. Not have to. NEED TO. Gah.

Having both flown with and against Jaguars, as well as flying one myself, I have found the Jaguar entirely counterable. It’s not much different than any previous T5 tacklers, but you do have to build your ships with it in mind.

As I said before, there will be a possibility to gain these guns in future. Pretty soon. But not now.

The only reason the Ms. Summer Weapons were such serious negatives in the review was due to the fact that there had been no visible comments thus far about this. While still a little vague, this does ease my concerns somewhat, and I have given the review a retroactive increase to its score as a result. My scores are harsh due to the state of the game, but hopefully they improve in the future. I look forward to seeing it.