Star Conflict v.1.1.7. Discussion

[Would you like to know more?](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/27789-star-conflict-v117/)

4fa4968ad2d47b8acea69b689555.png

Game options

Due to technical reasons we had to temporarily disable lens flare.

Removed lens flare

YES!!! - finaly one stupid effect less! :smiley: *party*

• I love the upgrade symbols. Excellent. Best thing in this update.

• New Dvergr looks very nice.

• New Search Design is nice, even if now the rest of the interface does not fit it, but that is really just peanuts.

• Having an overview over maps and modes is great info, even if the info is static; at least it helps learning the different maps while you wait. Even after years I can still learn from it. It still feels more like an info page, which could also just be in the help, but it is also a smart move to put it there.

• It still has no dynamic information about “what is happening in the queue”, which would be more important on the long run, like how active the tier is, you are queueing for (or how many squads are out there), which tier you are queueing for (group), etc.

And personally:

I have constantly problems with the route to some eu servers, between amsterdam and frankfurt one of your providers (networklayer/softlayer) seems to have constant problems now for weeks/months every two days or so. It gets really annoying by now.

I might report that separately, but everytime I want to, they fix it. It’s still a very bad provider (googling the name immediately brings up “packet loss” problems)

Good day! thank you for the great positive comment! We have extra ideas about modifying queue waiting but they are at the discussion stage cz there are some serious problems related to that issue. Regarding the server problem please visit this[thread](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/25324-info-connection-losses-high-ping-and-related-issues/) so that we ca analyze the problem closely.

giphy.gif

Since the update it crashes all the time. See my separate thread: https://forum.star-conflict.com/index.php?/topic/27809-117-mac-game-frequently-crashing-since-update/

(Maybe it’s just the OSX version.)

I hope I’m not the only one who gets annoyed by the new queue timer lights all winking off at the same time. Other than that, it’s a small update with a few nice changes.

I love the eclipse change  :001j:

If this update were a woman, I’d make sweet love to it.

Seriously, great improvements, while nothing has been downgraded in quality. 10/10.

I think overall the patch is positive, even if there is no big changes.

I hope the whole hangar design will slowly evolve into the new style since the two different design doesn’t fit well together.

Positive:

• Love the eclipse change +++++++

• Like the fact, the interface is improving

• Mission marker in openspace is awesome

Negative:

• The Design doesn’t fit for the old design

• At the new queue screen, the launch button seems active (no timer there and the button react as active)

• Still no info about the witch Tier are we queueing (I have a lot of bad games since the players thinks T2-3 has the same queue like in PVE)

Since the update it crashes all the time. See my separate thread: https://forum.star-conflict.com/index.php?/topic/27809-117-mac-game-frequently-crashing-since-update/

(Maybe it’s just the OSX version.)

Good day! We are aware of the technical problems. They will be fixed asap.

[Gizmomac](< base_url >/index.php?/user/245787-gizmomac/)

Hey there! Thank you for the generally positive comment. Regarding the mentioned drawbacks. 

1. the current changes the first steps of the planned interface modification. But i got your point though i think it’s really cute now :3

2. yes it is active but pressinf it allows to hide the queue screen and go back to hangar while waiting for the match.

3. the tier is a dfficult story. Our goal now is to focus completely on ships’ ranks instead of the tiers like it was before but as i’ve mentioned the changes are coming.

[CoalitionOfGears](< base_url >/index.php?/user/255563-coalitionofgears/)

:01111: thanks)))

There is t3 tournament coming…it’s on Russian forum but not on english forum

it will be t3

There is t3 tournament coming…it’s on Russian forum but not on english forum

it will be t3

Why weren’t we informed?

Why weren’t we informed?

They are still discussing the rules if google translate has informed me correctly.

They are still discussing the rules if google translate has informed me correctly.

They are discusing if submatter shield,lightweight hull,TTC…

modules that are unbuyable should be allowed (players are discussint thet not admins),it’s no excuse for not translating it and puting it here

Pros:
+++_ Eclipse launcher lead marker!!! _
++Open space direction indicators and “the target is here!” indicators are EXTREMELY useful. This has been a problem forever. Finally fixing it is awesome.
++The removal of detonation from the game modes is the unsung hero of this update… I hate detonation. So does everyone else.

+New launch menu looks great
+Dvergr looks cool

Cons:
–No fix to Holoship problems (they NEED less HP)
–No fix to Destructor problems (aoe needs to scale with range)
-Still no queue info, no player counts, no tier info. Players should know what tier they’re queueing into, even if the plan is to change it to a rank focus going forward.
-Still no Open Space server for USA. I went into Leviathan during a weekend tournament (I was _ definitely _ alone in the sector) and still got EU server. If I have to be forced to get 100 ping out there, so can the Europeans and Russians from time to time.
-Dvergr cost remains the same despite Air Conditioning upgrade. Should cost 1 more credit to purchase now. Should also have increased resistance to Thermal damage, obviously.

They are discusing if submatter shield,lightweight hull,TTC…
modules that are unbuyable should be allowed (players are discussint thet not admins),it’s no excuse for not translating it and puting it here

If they’re unbuyable, then by default they should not be allowed. What sense does it make to allow things that has a hard restriction on who can use it?

[Nightmare8182](< base_url >/index.php?/user/245501-nightmare8182/)

Guys, there is no official announcement yet. Moreover it is not even going to be in the nearest future. 

When do you plan to open a test server again?

I cannot synchronize my profile, so I do not have any backup now!

Server Status: Offline (It only works, if it is online?)

Synchronizing data with test server: Synchronizing (How was I able to do that, if test server was offline in the first place?)

For more details check here, since Skula1975 locked my thread, before I could reply.

YES!!! - finaly one stupid effect less! :smiley: *party*

“temporarily”…