Star Conflict v.1.0.17 Discussion

[Update content](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/26261-star-conflict-v1017/)

Darn ;-; My positrons on my mauler won’t have as much damage.

At least I can play T5 again, now that the phaser isn’t as OP

Overall sounds like a pretty good patch.

My poor phaser is gonna suffer, but I think it’ll still be a good weapon. Ion gunships will also suffer, but I definitely think they will still be effective.

I’m a fan of the buff to rails, they needed it. They were a bit under-powered, but now they have some promise. I’ll probably switch my Mjolnir back to rails now, especially since gauss mechanics have changed.

The one nerf I think that should’ve been here that isn’t is the Destructor. A 700 meter radius for it’s AoE is a bit too much, as it still makes beacons almost uncappable.

Positron and Gauss times are back

Well, gunships wont take much advantage of the rail gun buff since the overdrive skill already maxes the rate of fire (it was 200rps and 300rps (the cap) with overdrive). Now it wont gain any dps buff while under overdrive effect. 

Well, gunships wont take much advantage of the rail gun buff since the overdrive skill already maxes the rate of fire (it was 200rps and 300rps (the cap) with overdrive). Now it wont gain any dps buff while under overdrive effect.

the fire rate and overheat are different properties.

the fire rate and overheat are different properties.

i know, i never talked about overheat

my poor pulse lasers   :alien3:

nah, it’s fine. if anything it’ll bring more people to focus on aiming.

3 seconds it is! goodbye covert ops having a full 4 seconds to fire with that gun alongside their module.

Still, I don’t believe it’s a good solution. sure, it alleviates the problem of covert ops using it properly,

but for other ships that focus on main gun damage, and not critical damage, it’s a tough blow on the overall effectiveness.

I suggest reducing the cooling time further to balance it.

I will personally still be using my pulse lasers up close’n personal within 500m using curved reflector.

gunships with rails got buff from:

> range

> overheat time

RoF during overdrive stayed same > rest of da time it’s buff

you guys do a pretty good job of staying on top of things, lots of updates show lots of dedication, I haven’t been playing here long but love the game, keep up the good work…

yeah, i misread the patch notes

gunships with rails got buff from:

> range

> overheat time

RoF during overdrive stayed same > rest of da time it’s buff

thats what i meant :slight_smile:

thats what i meant :slight_smile:

It is a mistake in patch notes, fire rate is the same.

Anyone know what’s happening to gauss?

8 charges on gauss now? O.o

bye bye ion deagle, welcome back bubble wolf-m

So first the ECM module nerf was needed in T5 i think its a good change the Wakizashi AE would still need some rework in my eyes.

The change to Ion Emitter was not needed the Dps is horrible now im down to 3600 from 4900 on  my Spark.

The change to the horizon is horrible in my eyes and i really dont like it. Reducing the range is no problem for me it was ok since such a high range was quite strong on some ships but with the extra damage reduction the module has up to no value anymore i dont think im gonna use more than 1 horizon on any ship but its more likely that im gonna dump the Horizon completly. Please rework this since it was overnerfed on my eyes.

Phaser nerf was needed so im quite happy about that i was sick of 13k krits on my 60% resistance. :slight_smile:

Plasma Cannon changes are not needed and from my side i liked the old Plasma Cannon more than the new one.

Rocket canges on the Interceptors is ok it was true with a full magazine of rockets even Friggats were easy prey this is a great general nerf to interceptors.

I think I’ve misunderstood the patch notes. Did they completely remove the range buff from horizon!?

But might have to try the Gauss cannons now, seems like they might be pretty nice.

Scratching head… Well it is time to reconfigure everything. I was about to make a purple Phaser but I think I am going to throw it away. And what about the Destructor? It is still an anti-beacon capturing madness.  

Interesting changes, and much needed.

Rebalancing of laser weapons was really needed. I’d prefer a DPS decrease in the ion without tweaking the resistences penetration, which is a good perk of the weapon, but it is ok.

The pulse laser will still be a viable option. I was fying with high resonance charges anyway, so for me the change is not that big. I will miss the focusing lens in my cov ops though… but 1 more sec under orion is better than 12% crit chance.

Beam cannon problem was not the range, it was the critic damage. But now due to the nerf to horizons and the base range, at least you won’t have 8.5k beam range in maulers. Which is nice.

Phaser changes are ok, but I still don’t see enough phasers around to have opinion about it.

Plasma gun changes were not needed imho. Now we have a plasma assault railgun in interceptors. I agree with the spread reduction though.

Positron is now even better, since you removed the close range problem. All my LRF aprove!

Rails changes are great, overheat was the main problem of this gun. My panther will love this.

Gauss changes… I don’t know, I will have to test it. Now it is essentially an assault railgun with charges. But you can’t spam shots without breaking your mouse. I think it was better as it was before. But I have to test it.

About the interceptor nerf, we will see. 3 seconds is a brutal 33% nerf to missile DPS, and the reduction of the magazine is… well, unfortunate.

Meanwhile, the tactical nukes are still 1 per cartridge.

Interesting changes, and much needed.

Rebalancing of laser weapons was really needed. I’d prefer a DPS decrease in the ion without tweaking the resistences penetration, which is a good perk of the weapon, but it is ok.

The pulse laser will still be a viable option. I was fying with high resonance charges anyway, so for me the change is not that big. I will miss the focusing lens in my cov ops though… but 1 more sec under orion is better than 12% crit chance.

Beam cannon problem was not the range, it was the critic damage. But now due to the nerf to horizons and the base range, at least you won’t have 8.5k beam range in maulers. Which is nice.

Phaser changes are ok, but I still don’t see enough phasers around to have opinion about it.

Plasma gun changes were not needed imho. Now we have a plasma assault railgun in interceptors. I agree with the spread reduction though.

Positron is now even better, since you removed the close range problem. All my LRF aprove!

Rails changes are great, overheat was the main problem of this gun. My panther will love this.

Gauss changes… I don’t know, I will have to test it. Now it is essentially an assault railgun with charges. But you can’t spam shots without breaking your mouse. I think it was better as it was before. But I have to test it.

About the interceptor nerf, we will see. 3 seconds is a brutal 33% nerf to missile DPS, and the reduction of the magazine is… well, unfortunate.

Meanwhile, the tactical nukes are still 1 per cartridge.

Yeah, I honestly prefered the gauss cannon before… I just tested it, and using the gauss will now cause pain in your hand.  Though, it is hilarious to put it on a gunship with everything ROF and see it get close to 300 RPM (doubletapping the fire button at that point).

The plasma gun is epic now!  The assault rail buff is definatly good, the laser nerfs are also really good…  basically I liked everything about this patch except for the gauss cannon rework.  Time to take out my inty slaying gauss rockwell now…Still happy though, I’ll adapt to a different weapon.