Star Conflict v.1.0.12 Discussion

[starcoaster](< base_url >/index.php?/user/248729-starcoaster/)

This is an interesting noticed, thanks

[starcoaster](< base_url >/index.php?/user/248729-starcoaster/)

This is an interesting noticed, thanks

the gun’s good otherwise and it’s fun to use, hopefully it’ll become an available weapon for ships soon instead of being a christmas special

Also look at my suggestion for the phaser.

Right now, we can’t use it to it’s full potential because rapid fire = 130 clic per minute. So it’s really, really boring to use.

=> [http://forum.star-conflict.com/index.php?/topic/25637-a-small-word-about-the-new-phaser/](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/25637-a-small-word-about-the-new-phaser/)

Effects of new guns :slight_smile:

i love the Catter gun ! Finally alll !

I hate you so much developers. I get critted with 10k on my Guard, passing my Shields directly. And hey, they are homing! Sector Conquest? Screw it. And I really would like to add some more bad foul language what I think about your way of balancing. Naga? Lastet 3 seconds against this BS. I mean, why not buff some ECM etc. even more.

This is such a bad joke. Auto-Aiming for the win again. Just let some AI fight against each other, skills are not needed or wanted anymore.

Tried the new frigate laser. It was woefully under-powered. Unless that thing gets a hidden +5000% damage boost vs Predators, it is a TERRIBLE weapon to use against them! You’d be far better off with positrons, or indeed any conventional weapon!

Same problems as last year I just made 17 kills using phaser in pvp and got credited for 0 kills my counter is stuck on 6/100 1st game 6 kills with phaser 2nd game 5 kills with phaser and 3rd game 12 kills counter is stuck on 6. I’m not sure it’s counting the kills in beacon hunt or dominination towards my total and well phaser sucks unless you like shooting your own face off lol.  

Now my mind is blown it says 100 kills in pve yet i’ve only done pvp so how did I get 6 from one match or did the last hot fix unfix this? 

Ok here’s a thought does killing bots count as kills for PVE even in PVP matches ?

Sector Sweep tried out. I got a Team Battle. Not seeing how its different to T5 PvP yet though.

Okay, now I really don’t like it. My ships are trapped in the queue and I can’t get out! I can’t even queue for a different mode with different ships!

Gah! Why the hell does there ALWAYS have to be something poisonous hidden in every piece of new content!?  :fed014:

Weapons are really nice but they need a lot of love. The laser weapon is pretty boring, the EM shrapnel has too much spread and the RoF is horrible, I could only make good use of it with a Golde Eagle with x3 electronic guidance. 

The fighter weapon is really cool, and I have no problems clicking at very fast rates, but the damage is so low that any other weapon is better. The only good thing about it is the insane range and proyectile speed.

I like the mechanics and intentions behind these weapons but they’re not useful enough to be used over what we have now. If the interceptor one was a kinetic weapon maybe with invasion ammo it would be usable.

There is one problem with Scatter gun… when Scatter gun hit me there is a high reduction of frame rate during the explosion…

someone has the same problem?

Phaser…

Wellcome to Star Conflict, the game where u will not need to aim, lot of autoAIM stuff, and soon you will not need even move ur ship, maybe an autopilot option? 

I dont like when we get features that u dont need skills, and autoaim… well,  up to you.

There are some insane builds where the scatter gun can take out frigates in 2-3 shots, but they seem to be point-blank crit builds.

So yeah… two of the weapons I do not want to see ever again. One, the frigate laser, I wouldn’t mind staying so long as it got some tweaking done to it.

Just tryed some builds with phaser, and… thats insane, that will be a pain for frigates, and thats unballanced from begining, its a EM weapon, so it makes more damage on shield, then we have a unballanced weapon for jericho ships, and bad for guards shields. 

2 of the new weapons are EM damage, the other one thermal… One of the EM should be kinetic, so we get 1+1+1

Can I ask to make those weapons upgradeable? At this moment they are treated like Mk1 weapons, so on LRF you have to choose between new weapon or disintegrator. Pretty Pleaseeeeee :smiley:

[niripas](< base_url >/index.php?/user/244639-niripas/)

Dis :slight_smile: New weopon for hunting Predators :slight_smile:

Just tryed some builds with phaser, and… thats insane, that will be a pain for frigates, and thats unballanced from begining, its a EM weapon, so it makes more damage on shield, then we have a unballanced weapon for jericho ships, and bad for guards shields. 

2 of the new weapons are EM damage, the other one thermal… One of the EM should be kinetic, so we get 1+1+1

Have you even tested them? They deal true damage all of them, no EM no Thermal no Kinetic. And the Phaser deals no damage, it’s literally impossible for a Frigate to die under one of them.

There is one problem with Scatter gun… when Scatter gun hit me there is a high reduction of frame rate during the explosion…

someone has the same problem?

yes

Have you even tested them? They deal true damage all of them, no EM no Thermal no Kinetic. And the Phaser deals no damage, it’s literally impossible for a Frigate to die under one of them.

Your comments are near of a fault of respect, I dont like your answers and questions, and I will not speak with you, so please, do same with me, ignore me.

And the Phaser deals no damage, it’s literally impossible for a Frigate to die under one of them.

Use the charged shot instead of using the SpamClick :smiley:

i have experienced quite the opposite in the first games i played. maybe you just fitted it differently.

the phaser is immensely powerful, the quick shots do steady white damage, and you eat through defenses steadily. additionally, the secondary fire option, which supposed to be something like the ACME from ut i guess, could be used for some nice surprise aoe attacks, but actually, i personally never know how long to charge until the ball comes out, i just quick zap non stop. i made more kills than usual at least in all games i played, with my main ion command ship. its really an allround weapon.

my main problem is, that it’s called a phaser. phase modulation weapons known from star trek mainly are clearly more associated with continuous beams, but well, on the other hand, their universe had more time to invent serial phaser banks… so it has really not a lot to do with the nomenclature, and i actually do like, if at least, a little bit of thought is put into that.

The Scatter Gun i did not test enough yet, since i did not find the ideal fit for it yet, and the destructor seems quite deadly no matter which ship i put it on, and reminds me of many cool weapons like vorlon guns in bab5, species 8472 or the beam of the death star, with its unifying shot. the greatest upside however, atm, to these weapons is, that their damage is white.

in any way, it is a great way to test these weapons, and i think we should just try to experiment with them over xmas, it is clearly a bit early to judge them on the first day of release. if it is any indication of last year, maybe we get them as new weapons later, with modified and more balanced characteristics, like we did with the last xmas weapons?