Star Conflict v.1.0.1 Discussion

[Update content](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/24559-star-conflict-v101/)

a) link is broken in patch notes that suppose to lead here

b)

Weapons

‘Eclipse’ Generator

You can no longer repair yourself

Damage increased by 20%

Restoration radius increased to 300 metres

Weapon range increased by 40%

this is awesome, self heal was xxxx - “pro” healers would just sit in a corner with invasion ammo shooting themselves for the whole game

c) Crew - meh, takes away a “planning” but introduce higher performance capability for diverse roles when equipped together, both ways are fine to me.

Crews sound interesting. 

self-heal removal is great.

Adaptive shield indication is awesome

Overall nice patch

just about everything is good, the only thing that bothers me is that they are making PVE easier.

also, were biomorphs removed from pvp? it doesnt say in the notes but I was kinda expecting their removal as a result of us filling the biomorph counter. there are 1.5 million less biomorphs flying around, that should be enough to push them out of the precursors (pvp) sectors.

also, I really hope we get to name our crewmen.

Everything in this patch is good but you are missing something extremely important to the game’s survival.

Please increase the quality and quantity of server globally. Steam forums and official EN forums have been voicing this out greatly.

PvE’s made easier, probably to help account for everyone dieing in it.

Adaptive shields is finally shown so now we can know if we’re strafing fast enough.

I’m curious about the crews, I’ll have to try it out and check “prices.”

‘Eclipse’ Generator
You can no longer repair yourself

That was abused since it was introduced as a winter weapon.  I know because I tried it.  I still prefer coils.

[Update content](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/24559-star-conflict-v101/)

umm yea, it doesnt say when servers will be back up and running so i can play, i updated, but game just keeps processing but never finds server connection, and update in here only says whats new, doesnt say when things will be running

Great patch, thanks. Also i need to see my desktop when i alt tab :frowning:

Berserker’s change is pretty bad for it’s pilot… unless he is Jericho

kya6aEj.png

Berserker-Jarl comparison. Honestly this kind of modifications would be a really nice visual addition for premium ships.

Berserker’s change is pretty bad for it’s pilot… unless he is Jericho

kya6aEj.png

Berserker-Jarl comparison. Honestly this kind of modifications would be a really nice visual addition for premium ships.

servers are still down, idk how you took screenshots from the future.

do all of the GMs have time machines?

Great patch, thanks. Also i need to see my desktop when i alt tab :frowning:

If you use steam, between the time you click launch and something happens, click on another open window instantly.  You’ll get an icon that you can click on.  If you right click then left click it will minimize the background game.

servers are still down, idk how you took screenshots from the future.

do all of the GMs have time machines?

I have a DeLorean.

server is up

T5 premiums had their price inceased 20%… just… no.

I gained 1 fleet strength upon logging in, idk why

edit: fixed a big that prevented getting fleet strength from my Mjolnir

c) Crew - meh, takes away a “planning” but introduce higher performance capability for diverse roles when equipped together, both ways are fine to me.

I would agree fully, but the 2k GS cost for a new crew sounds a little too P2W if you ask me.

I will comment further once I have seen what it is all about in-game, but I am very afraid that ‘implants’ only last for a set number of battles before they must be re-implanted.

Uhm no. It means that the time the implants are active (energy drain/speed reduction immunity) has been increased.

kya6aEj.png

ssv_normandy_sr_2_by_nihilus_shadow-d3kd

Let me get this straight.

Additional “crews” can only be unlocked if I pay 2,000 GS for each additional one?

This marks the first time in Star Conflict’s history where items that directly influence ship statistics are locked behind a pay wall. Unless I am missing something very subtle, you can’t earn these crews through grinding, or pay with an exorbitant amount credits. You must pay with cold hard cash, or do without.

And if you’re going to argue “Well everyone has access to Crew Alpha! It hasn’t changed the game at all!”, you clearly aren’t considering the impact this will have on Sector Conquest or Tournaments. Players who pay for 4 separate implant setups for each of their ships will have a considerable advantage over players who don’t, as that game mode forces players to use all 4 of their combat slots.

i don’t know about this patch. The weapon changes are good and the pve changes are meh.

Basically, you can assign one crew for all Slots, so nothing has changed in terms of implants for non paying players.

But it does smell alot like pay to win, that you have to unlock the other crews with 2000 Gold Standards. So paying Players will be able to max the Performance of each ship with implants. Well, actually it is pay to win now. sadly… this might be the killing blow for the game. Until now you could argue, that this game isn’t pay to win.

I’d like to see the crews for credits (sure, make them cost alot). Then give the Option to buy them with GS, if a Player doesn’t want to grind a load of credits.

Increased T5 Premium Prices… i don’t understand why. Those things cost 37 Bucks worth of gold Standards for one ship? Who is going to buy that?

So, if i am using only 1 “crew” setup that is set for “slot 1”, what about other 3 slots?

do they get the benefits of that one “crew” or i need to spend GS if i want more than 1 slot being influenced by the same “crew”? 

My inference is that each ship slot is linked to a crew setup, and by default all ship slots are linked to Alpha crew. Check the crew tab: you should see a row of golden rectangles under the Alpha crew, and I’m assuming those correspond to the ship slots linked to that crew.

Spending GS gives you another crew setup that can be used in place of Alpha crew’s implant setup. One ship slot can only benefit from one crew implant setup.

Overall a good patch but that price increase on the T5’s is hard was planing on buying some but now they will suck you dry :o

The Crew System is a really good idea to support different playstyles but there should be an option to buy this with credits too.