Star Conflict v.1.0.0 Discussion

P.s. 

To those of you devs who are reading this, please look into the major lag/packet-loss spikes while the maintenance is up and running. It will make life that much easier on you guys. Many of us get 15%+ (sometimes 100%) packet loss constantly on Russian servers. (from the US side)

Please look into how each packet is routed. Thank you :slight_smile:

That being said… Congratulations on the 1.0 roll-out! :smiley:

Now, get to those advertising stations and bring us 10k+ people online per every hour. Get some of those servers from war-thunder to share with you or get some new servers in many locations.

They posted on the Steam forums that they would be rolling out new servers to address some of the lag issues on this patch… what ever that means.

Ships

Manufacturing

Any pilot that reaches Rank 14 can now manufacture his own ship!

A new ship category called ‘Secret Projects’ has been added to the ship tree. It includes special ships of the highest technical level that you can customize with various tech parameters and slot configurations.

During production, the pilot can choose:

One of the three versions of the role module

Ship modifiers type (Hull/Shield/Energy/Engine/CPU)

The number of ship modifiers (not more than 3 of each type, not more than 9 total per ship)

Secret project ships are T5 tech level and Rank 15

I’m a little worried that we’ll begin seeing some very broken builds. But I will say I am intrigued by the statement of 3 versions of the role module. Is this a re-introduction of sub-faction special role abilities?

Also, since we can customize the ships, does this mean we can build 3 different Mjolnir Empire Gunships and take all of them into battle together? Or will we only get one shot at building each chassis and have to salvage them if we want to try a different build?

I’m a little worried that we’ll begin seeing some very broken builds. But I will say I am intrigued by the statement of 3 versions of the role module. Is this a re-introduction of sub-faction special role abilities?

But the cool thing is… if you mess up just scrap that thing and do it again… you lose some stuff but hey better than having nothing to show for it at all.

But the cool thing is… if you mess up just scrap that thing and do it again… 

You misunderstand. I’m worried that we will see a surge in one specific type of OP build for each ship.

Granted, I’m already trying to figure out what that would be, but it is a concern.

You misunderstand. I’m worried that we will see a surge in one specific type of OP build for each ship.

Granted, I’m already trying to figure out what that would be, but it is a concern.

You mean like this… by popular demand… your own craftable Milf

41TvkcKKL9L.jpg

Congrats on the roll-out of V 1.0!!! I’m eagerly awaiting the “online” status :005j:

THE SERVERS ARE LIVE!!!

Oh my goodness, I LOVE the Hellhound preset! Thank you!

Online now :smiley:

Still waiting for thing to download… XD

Can you show me the new sheme?

Is there my stickers?

Also, since we can customize the ships, does this mean we can build 3 different Mjolnir Empire Gunships and take all of them into battle together? Or will we only get one shot at building each chassis and have to salvage them if we want to try a different build?

Would be great the back of the different kind of special.

There’s 3 possibilities :

• You can have the special module that you want per class (So gunship with cloak or diffusion shield).

• You have the access to variations between a special (Like the old Desintegrator that use to make Dot).

• You can choose the special between Gunship, ECM, and Engineering, witch lead to choose which one of the 3 ships you want to create.

Looks like T5 manufacture ship has 9 slots max and can pick sub-faction special module. Bet it’s going to wreck havoc.

And no, the special modules are restricted to ship roles. So a gunship can’t pick cloak. With Empire Gunship, it’s either normal, Legion or Warden module. Legion module provides bonus 30 points resist to hull when active on top of base 50% increase in RoF and whatnot, while Warden module nullifies negative effect on top of normal 50% bonus.

Oh man, imagine Empire Gunship with 3 Cap, 3 Hull and 3 CPU slots. Shove all the damage mods in for insane damage :smiley:

vwWTD1a.jpg

I used up too many monocrystals on mk5’s, not enough left to craft a ship :<

3 hull + 3 shield + 3 motor + speed mod on everything = frigates at 700 ms!

The chat server is going down very frequently since the 1.0 release. Any word on when this will be fixed?

Also, it seems the in-game population count has been removed from the hangar. Not a fan of that, to be honest. =(

I want to see a 3hull 3shield tank ship XD

Wait, why the new premiums ships are so slow ?

And the new craftable fighter is slower then my Sigurd, what the hell ? 

Ok, so I’ve been ingame for about an hour or so now and there are a few issues…

Firstly, and probably the biggest is that those little extra boosters you used to be able to buy for 3 battles up in the right hand corner are now bought on a per ship basis. And no, the price has not decreased. They have also consolidated all of the credit-bought boosters into one slot, and all the GS bought ones in another, so you can no longer have hull/shield and weapon strength boosters at the same time.

I like the idea that now you can specialize a ship a bit further, but the amount of micro-management it introduces is insane. For players to be at their absolute peak they must now manage the boosters on 4 separate ships. That’s not including crafting rare Mk 4 ammo or Attack Drones for maximum potential. That’s a bit too much RTS in my MMO, thanks.

^This change wasn’t mentioned in the patch notes.

Secondly, the rare craftable ships are only available once you’ve reached Rank 14 in their specific faction. Which means you have to level up ALL of the factions to Rank 14 if you want to get the entire set. This also means you are out of luck if your preferred hull design is in a completely different faction than the one you chose to focus on. This is coming from a player who was looking forward to crafting the Mjolnir, only to discover that I now have to grind up the Empire tree from Tier 2…

Of course, if you’d rather not grind, you can just pay for a Premium T5 ship to unlock the craftable one’s rank requirement. So, not directly pay-to-win, since you’re only paying to unlock access to the best ships _indirectly. _Yeah. Not a big fan of that.

Lastly, and not surprisingly, the number of clueless T4/5 pilots with only a single Premium Tier 5 ship in their lineup has begun to increase, leading to some very frustrating games of realistic beacon capture.

An no, DestroyHer, I didn’t see your sticker. I may have overlooked it, but I didn’t see it.

Ok, my first review:

First and foremost. Epic nerf to boosters. Now you can only choose one credit booster and one premium booster. That means that you have to choose between tank or Speed + damage. I just expect all the boosters I had (like 700 purchased) had been reimbursed. This will hurt a lot of builds.

On the RT balances, now I think it is balanced. we will see anyway.

Pulse laser nerf was expected, it is a pity since I was using it like forever (before the buff) but it was expected.

Sharpnel buff looks good.

New premium ships are nice. I love that they are not as good as the credit ones, but they will be epic good at farming credits I suppose.

New manufactured ships, I don’t know. The ECM can be deadly with the small size and proper modules. The Mjolnir looks well in paper, but it is very big, one of the main problems the Lion is not competitive vs the Lightbringer. Bonuses are too railgun oriented, but can be fun. The Engineer, I don’t know, same bonuses as the T-Rex, but with faction modules.

Anyway, any of them is an EPIC grind of materials in invasion. I don’t see me crafting them in a close future. But it is nice to have the possibility to do that.

Other than that, congratulations for the launch!

Wait, why the new premiums ships are so slow ?

And the new craftable fighter is slower then my Sigurd, what the hell ? 

because they start with synergy lvl 0

once you level them up its speed will be up to standard

or in the case of the gunship, 10% faster due to the role bonus.

because they start with synergy lvl 0

once you level them up its speed will be up to standard

or in the case of the gunship, 10% faster due to the role bonus.

So all the new paid premiums ships are lvl 0 ? I don’t think so. ^^