Star Conflict OBT v0.9.1 Discussion

I’m slightly concerned to see no mention of the mouse jerky fix in there. Hope it was merely lost in translation.

It was indeed lost, this fix still applies.

Now I want a new medal : “Staying Alive” Survive as a Jericho Guard Captain after being hit by 10 or more Jericho torpedo.

Correction: Both Free synergy and ship synergy gain increases.

what does this even mean?

if elite ships earn double synergy, and 20% of that is free on prems, then technically you are earning double the 20%.

or 40% of the old value, before the doubling of synergy on elite ships.

explanation please?

Yeah, I fear that the jericho LRF might actually become OP now…But will have to see.

Squads

Maximum size reduced to 3 pilots

Bad. And i’m usually playing solo.

Raptor Mk II:

Old bonuses are disabled

A new bonus: weapon heating reduced by 23%

Wether it’s a guard or engi, seems useless.

Shrapnel Cannon:

Damage increased by 5%

Range increased by 18%

Assault Railgun:

Damage increased by 5%

Disintegrator:

Damage increased by 10%

Guided Torpedo:

Now has immunity to the anti-missile modules on Guard ships

Gauss Cannon

Rate of fire reduced by 40%

Damage increased by 67%

These will be the new meta.

Synergy

Now, upon achieving maximum synergy, ships earn double the amount of synergy.

Double GS.

Sound

Adjusted sound balance

Adjusted sound effects

Improved sounds of weapons, missiles and engines

Ships have different sizes, and each faction has a different type of engine / thruster, yet the sound is still the same across the board or almost identical.

If I’m correct :

You usually earn 10k synergy with a R9 ship at max synergy. Now it will be 20k. So you will convert 5% in free synergy —> 1K free synergy?

And for premium 4k free synergy?

Ok, first impressions:

Now the detection field is an ellipsis

Ellipsis size is scaled depending on the aspect ratio of the screen

Define “Detection Ellipsis”. Is it the targeting range or what?

Maximum size reduced to 3 pilots

You are VERY mistake if you think this is going to solve anything. What’s next? Reduce them to 2 pilots? Let’s just remove squads altogether, that’ll fix things nicely. On a game that actually TELLS people you should team up, this was a god-awful move.

Ships of 10-11 ranks now have reduced probability of getting into battle with ships of ranks 13-15

GREEEEEEAAAAAAAT. Now we get to see MORE of these ships in T3 matches. Lovely T3 is now broken.

Premium ships of ranks 1-3 are no longer available

Everyone in possession of these ships will get to keep them

God forbid you should just refund them, instead of letting them keep ships no rookie will ever be able to purchase. They’ll just go “what’s this!? what are these ships?”

Free synergy gained by premium ships is now increased to 20% of total earned synergy

Worst. Move. Ever. 60% or refund.

Raptor Mk II:

Old bonuses are disabled

A new bonus: weapon heating reduced by 23%

Glorified Trashcan is now just Trashcan.

Some weapons’ range now scales with ship tier:

Why not just remove overheating as well, for T5 ships, that’ll work wonders!

Singularity Generator:

Time to overheating reduced by 15%

Cooling time increased by 18%

THIS is what you waited 3 weeks for!? Making it MORE overpowered!?

Shrapnel Cannon:

Damage increased by 5%

Range increased by 18%

Yes. OP weapon is now more OP. Well done.

Disintegrator:

Damage increased by 10%

God forbid you should actually fix it in T1, no, let’s just increase damage on all Tiers.

Guided Torpedo:

Now has immunity to the anti-missile modules on Guard ships

First salvageable change in this patch. Job well done (no sarcasm here). Now… will it still trigger the AMS?

Gauss Cannon

Rate of fire reduced by 40%

Damage increased by 67%

Alright. NOW it might feel like a sniper weapon. There are still 3 charges which means it will now be able to 1-shot Fighters.

Synergy

Now, upon achieving maximum synergy, ships earn double the amount of synergy

Good and bad. You know why it’s still bad, I REALLY hope no one has to tell you why.

Changed the progress bar

There was a progress bar!?

Shop: selling an item installed on a ship no longer gives a warning

Terrible.

Graphics

Improved effects

I REALLY hope this includes VISIBLE MBBs. Cause… godamn…

And ninja changes to the forum that no longer allows QUOTES!!!

Once again, for now, you can use ‘Custom battle’ in order to get into the fight with your friends. You will still have all the rewards.

The Custom Battle is a pain to use, and I prefer not to touch it, not even with a 30 foot stick.

Just, I don’t understand the new Detection system,

That mean I will be able to do 007 Ninja of Doom Undetectable Guard Flanking rush?

if elite ships earn double synergy, and 20% of that is free on prems, then technically you are earning double the 20%.

or 40% of the old value, before the doubling of synergy on elite ships.

explanation please?

Hm… not sure if I get your question right, but yes, it is this way.

I think He’s asking to know if the “Synergy x 2” on Elite Ships will be include in the calculation of Free Synergy.

If elite Ships will be able to make the double of Free synergy that they made before the 0.9.1

Ok, first impressions:

Now the detection field is an ellipsis

Ellipsis size is scaled depending on the aspect ratio of the screen

Define “Detection Ellipsis”. Is it the targeting range or what?

330px-Constructie_ellips_tuinmanier.gif

Like that. Before it was a circle.

Synergy x2:

If i understand correctly, when you reach max synergy, gaining normal ship synergy doesn’t stop there (discard free syn. for now), but it still goes on accumulating, but at a doubled rate. So the amount of s. we could transform into free s. would increase 2 times faster.

Doubled rate means also doubled free s. rate.

Correct?

That means, alone, you will be blind when your Computer will scan behind you.

Have you guys finally added a hit detection/sound effect for the singularity cannon?

That means, alone, you will be blind when your Computer will scan behind you.

I think it means that its more likely to detect ships which are more or less in front of you, than on the sides of your screen.

Have you guys finally added a hit detection/sound effect for the singularity cannon?

Yes, please answer this.

I love the double synergy thing…

Still donnow about weapons change, have to test… but considering i HATE one shots based mechanics, and considering resistences and surv aren’t increased… i don’t thin i ll like so much.

I think the ellipsis simply refers to the target acquisition area, i.e. the area in which pressing “lock target in crosshair” will do just that, which would be useful for close range high velocity orbiting encounters. It’s likely not about scanning range at all (consider it scales to screen resolution, people). However, I’m just guessing like everyone else…

I think it means that its more likely to detect ships which are more or less in front of you, than on the sides of your screen.

Wide screen owners will have an advantage in this case (hooray me!).

What i think it refers to is the distance you need to move your cursor from the center of the screen towards the edge to make your screen turn faster than the ship spinning (no hooray me…).

Still no clue what it actually is tho…