Star Conflict OBT v0.8.3 Discussion

[Patch content](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/20177-star-conflict-obt-v-083/)

*mandatory side-flame* Congrats! You guys removed a small part of your head of your xxxx and made a good patch \o/ Altho the nano/mass generators were reverted basicly.(Which is good though)

The rest seems to be good changes as well, altho could you be slightly more specific on the issue of the 

Gunship

Particle Purge: Now deals damage proportional to the target’s size: frigates now receive more damage than fighters.

Let’s say I got 3k shields, how much damage does each target get? like

1.5k for inty

2.25k for fighter

3k for frigate

?

But the changes seem really good, keep it up :smiley:

YES! My engineer has some use again!

THANK YOU!

Told you all they listened and were just trying to find the balance… 

FunkyBacon:

Btw, you can go over the 600m/s speed cap. Not sure if you can do it alone with the ship, or if you need a command ship near, but it’s very much possible.

Well, the speed cap is 700m/s so i hope your able to go over 600.

Other than that, patch looks awesome.

Everything in it is what you folks have been asking for. Have faith, put up with some balancing testing, and things will happen as they are supposed to. 

Yes, the range on remote shield and hull have gone up, but they are still self +1 target, instead of the shield being everyone but yourself, thats where the issue was all along.

Well… I guess you can say it’s a half win on this one.

The extra hull hp on engies is ok, they “kinda” needed that in lower ranks but now we’re back to the original problem of Engies being too isolated for backup to get to them in time. Ceptors will, obviously, still take advantage of this weakness.

Still, positive changes… I guess…

Told you all they listened and were just trying to find the balance… 

FunkyBacon:

Btw, you can go over the 600m/s speed cap. Not sure if you can do it alone with the ship, or if you need a command ship near, but it’s very much possible.

Well, the speed cap is 700m/s so i hope your able to go over 600.

Other than that, patch looks awesome.

Everything in it is what you folks have been asking for. Have faith, put up with some balancing testing, and things will happen as they are supposed to. 

Yes, the range on remote shield and hull have gone up, but they are still self +1 target, instead of the shield being everyone but yourself, thats where the issue was all along.

ah, okey, i thought the cap was 600…oops haha.

I can’t say a lot about the remote modules currently, since I don’t own my cerberus 2 yet(And with current income and ship prices, I won’t either for the next few weeks :/)

The most pressing things for me currently are:

reputation income(far too low, and i hate that i HAVE to play in T3(maybe even T4 now…) to get ANY reputation at all!), loyalty income(Slightly too low still, cooldowns on contracts are too high, i often run out of contracts to do)

ship prices, either make me able to buy without mk1 crap or give credit income a boost

-and a slight issue, not important at all to me, but module premium prices. why do they cost almost 10 euro per module? o.O

Btw, yesterday I spend 137 credits for 1 loot chance(the debris was worth 40k, instead of 10k…), because i clicked too fast. Please add a confirm for looting with GS, i was 30 GS away from 1 day premium D:

The extra hull hp on engies is ok, they “kinda” needed that in lower ranks but now we’re back to the original problem of Engies being too isolated for backup to get to them in time. Ceptors will, obviously, still take advantage of this weakness.

Stick with a guard frigate. The speed nerf in the previous patch means that they’ll be more than happy to have a warp gate to the frontlines, while you benefit from their presence beside you. 

"New player title system

Game titles are awarded for achievements

One of the titles can be displayed in-game next to the player’s name"

Interesting, let’s see what titles we get

I am skeptical…

Yay! 3500m on mk 3 repair modules seems like a good balance.

I am skeptical…

IF they haven’t ninja’d anything, this patch seems like something they can hardly screw up. in theory the changes seem good, and were needed for some of them.

Yesterday one out of three matches were frig-ball matches. I fear they´´ll come back now even more frequent. :sad:

Or is the particle purge intended to counter them, because that would be suicidal. 

We´ll see… Anyway: can I play the tutorial with my account? I dont want to create a new one. 

Please give us vets the chance to play it, so we can give you a feedback. 

I can’t say a lot about the remote modules currently, since I don’t own my cerberus 2 yet(And with current income and ship prices, I won’t either for the next few weeks :/)

The most pressing things for me currently are:

reputation income(far too low, and i hate that i HAVE to play in T3(maybe even T4 now…) to get ANY reputation at all!), loyalty income(Slightly too low still, cooldowns on contracts are too high, i often run out of contracts to do)

ship prices, either make me able to buy without mk1 crap or give credit income a boost

-and a slight issue, not important at all to me, but module premium prices. why do they cost almost 10 euro per module? o.O

Btw, yesterday I spend 137 credits for 1 loot chance(the debris was worth 40k, instead of 10k…), because i clicked too fast. Please add a confirm for looting with GS, i was 30 GS away from 1 day premium D:

Theres nothing wrong with the faction exp, go back to the last patch notes on i think the bottom of page 13 where I explained it all in very good detail.

Yesterday one out of three matches were frig-ball matches. I fear they´´ll come back now even more frequent. :sad:

Or is the particle purge intended to counter them, because that would be suicidal. 

We´ll see… Anyway: can I play the tutorial with my account? I dont want to create a new one. 

Please give us vets the chance to play it, so we can give you a feedback. 

They stated in another thread the tutorial will be accessible to anyone who hasnt done it. 

IE: It triggers a flag on your account that its been done. 

-New player title system

Game titles are awarded for achievements

One of the titles can be displayed in-game next to the player’s name

-Reduced the cost of re-implantation by 50%

-Sound changes

Thk you.

They stated in another thread the tutorial will be accessible to anyone who hasnt done it. 

IE: It triggers a flag on your account that its been done. 

Ooops, yea, saw it. 

new title system sounds interesting. I remember there is a corporation which abbreviation is DOG. if one of the titles is “the Mad” they could call themselves the Mad Dogs.

Combat Drones: production time of the next drone has been increased to 25 seconds.

what was the previous production time?

Also healing ranged buffed back… :frowning:

700m/s for Ceptors, 600m/s on Fighters. I’ve yet to see a Frigate pump out more than 300m/s-ish, but I’ve no idea if that’s their limit.

Near instant. I used to pop them with a Mine and they’d respawn after less than 5-10 seconds…

Also healing ranged buffed back… :frowning:

20 sec.

700m/s for Ceptors, 600m/s on Fighters. I’ve yet to see a Frigate pump out more than 300m/s-ish, but I’ve no idea if that’s their limit.

Gunships capped at 600m/s? When?

Because after 0.8 came out, I think i were going on full 700 with gunships.

Also frig can definitely go over 300.