Star Conflict OBT v.0.9.9 update1 discussion

New interface is much worse. About the only way to “adapt” is to not know how to use the old interface properly or just give up and use a much worse interface.

That is your opinion. I prefer the new one.

the only useful weapon on a fed covert ops is the plasma gun. you can run away from anything you like so close range weapons are not a requirement and therefore the dps hit is not as bothersome as you would think.  this change in range allows you to literally pack speed mods in every crevice because most of your fighting will be done at around 4k

Backspace suicides have been “abused” but only by a few.  The only somewhat legitimate reasons are changing ships, reloading ammo, backspace heals, and last man standing suicides.

I’m wondering what the ping time to the Asian server’s going to be for everyone.  It’ll help everyone in Asia, but I hope it’s not worse than the Russian servers.  Maybe Kine could come back hoping for low ping?  I think he’s completely abandoned the game though.

About the HUD, can you at least make it smaller so that at the top and bottom of the screen it doesn’t get hidden behind other information?

South Asian server, huh? I hope that makes things faster on my end. Playing on EU and RU is absolute suffering for me.

That is your opinion. I prefer the new one.

You are wasting more time complaining about the new interface than adapting to it. I did in like 5 secs. But hey, keep complaining. If they revert it back, I will complain because I liked it more as it is now. And that way ad infinitum…

This is also opinionated. It isn’t fact that they are wasting their time. You believe it’s better to adapt, whereas others believe it’s better to adjust, and one way to adjust something is to “complain” (give feedback) about it until it changes.

The (semi-)new UI is in my opinion also a bit worse than it used to be. I have given time to adjust, but no; now my eyes need to do a lot more work to understand the game situation, than I needed to do before. So earlier was better.

Now I always seem to lose focus on some UI feature; either the status of beacons, or status of my own ship, or enemy targets location…

Previously, most of the most important info was closer to each other. Now it is spread out more than before (e.g. the shield and hull health bars are lot further from the aiming center. One has to actually move eye more.

Additionally I cannot find a setting that gives me enough info, but doesn’t clutter the view when there are lot of enemies and friendlies flying around (e.g. health bars on all ships is important information, but now they clutter my view that it even makes shooting difficult. Somehow earlier was better…

Usually in UI design, less work to do (even for eye) is better. But it is prettier, I give the UI that.

Something funny is that when they do huge changes, people says they did it too much.

when they do a little, people say they’re ridiculous.

Players never agrees =)

South Asian server, huh? I hope that makes things faster on my end. Playing on EU and RU is absolute suffering for me.

Couldn’t even get a match in the South Asian server. Waited for 5 mins for a T3 match and got matched into a RU game instead.

Nope, people complain when they change things that didnt need to be changed or when what needs to be changed isnt.

And then, when it needs to change a lot of things back the way they were, and improve some things that have been bothering players for a long time they fiddle with ridiculous things like invetory space , suicide button and some other stuff noone will notice.

Small tweaks in ship balancing is what is needed. But when they do some tweak on ship balancing they fiddle so much with it that pratically breaks the ship, or make it unusable or overpowered.

Hey hey I want more inventory space… how else can I equip ALL the ships in all THREE FACTIONs in T1-T5 along the ECM, RECON, FRIGATE, COMMAND, COVT’ OP, tree line…  

plus a token Tackler and gunship here and there. 

I am a hoarder of ships and I know it !  

Need more inventory space !!!     1100 is not enough !   

I’m not sure if this is proper topic to write about it.

Description of synergy level based bonuses on empire Swarm says “Hull resistance to all damage increaeased by 30 pts.” I’ve just reached lvl 8 and only the thermal resistance changed.

I’m writing it here because someone told me that before patch the description was about thermat resistance. and i don’t know if there is a mistake in description or the resists should have changed.

Sorry if it’s a wrong topic - but it can be patch related.

Description of synergy level based bonuses on empire Swarm says “Hull resistance to all damage increaeased by 30 pts.” I’ve just reached lvl 8 and only the thermal resistance changed.

I’m writing it here because someone told me that before patch the description was about thermat resistance. and i don’t know if there is a mistake in description or the resists should have changed.

Yeah, I noticed about it when doing the translation and already told Error about the english mispelling. It would be surely fixed and added soon.

What a poor update, I was expecting more… this is worse than nothing, because patch day, lag day…

it has to be a typo, that would be stupidly op, before this patch it was 30 extra resist to thermal, and it’s still like that but I guess with a wrong description

This is also opinionated. It isn’t fact that they are wasting their time. You believe it’s better to adapt, whereas others believe it’s better to adjust, and one way to adjust something is to “complain” (give feedback) about it until it changes.

I think honestly that the Dev’s see all these complaints from the exact same people on the forums bitching mostly and a suggestion here and there. Most think their idea was the best idea and when they “don’t get listened to” they start a bitchfest. You all would make good house wives. Yes it is better to adapt because then we don’t have to listen to a bunch of whining.

There may be something more broken with resists.  I just noticed in the game’s ship descriptions that shield EM resists no longer stack.  Synergy bonuses, implants, modules, each appears to overwrite the prior instead of adding to each other.  This was hard as nails to test, but at least this bug appears to be purely cosmetic in nature- the EM resist still seems to stack properly while being damaged.

Mad props to Burodsx for putting up with my testing matches.  FOR SCIENCE.

Couldn’t even get a match in the South Asian server. Waited for 5 mins for a T3 match and got matched into a RU game instead.

If it only puts you in game after waiting for five minutes, it means it couldn’t find any players on the desired server to group you with and widened the search to all servers.

I’ve been disconnected twice on the last 30 minutes. Am I the only one who suffer such things ?

Having some lag issues while opening the mail box and the contract windows. Not too much, like 3 or 4 seconds, but before the patch there was no lag.

Stealth change, it now requires 8/8 synergy levels to take a Hydra 2 to a Styx, yesterday it was 7/8.  I know because yesterday I got it up to 7/8 and started grinding PvE for credits.

It’s a small patch, which means next week could be major.

Something to notice is that they fixed the bugged scroll of the chat window. For that I must say: Thanks.

Something to notice is that they fixed the bugged scroll of the chat window. For that I must say: Thanks.

Ditto. Much easier to follow discussion and answer questions now.