Star Conflict OBT v.0.9.9 update1 discussion

[Patch content](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/21658-star-conflict-obt-v099-update-1)

Let’s try the Asian servers  :crazy:

Controls
Removed the “Abandon ship” command bound to [backspace] by default

So, no more saving grace for DSR junkies ? Or you can still suicide? I mean except being recon/cov ops.

Hey you Dev’s you Nerfed my skill rating bonus!!

You took away the quick self-destruct option.  :good:

Static barrier change looks good. Looking forward to the South Asian server as well.

Let’s try the Asian servers  :crazy:

So, no more saving grace for DSR junkies ? Or you can still suicide? I mean except being recon/cov ops.

You can use ‘Leave ship’ function in escape menu, it has the same function.

What’s the point of doing this? It was fine how it was…

Too bad. I never liked suicide play … except being cov ops that is. Thanks for the answer.

Another question thou : How to bring back the old interface ? Checking the box “default interface” is not working.

I want that back

JMasC.jpg

What’s the point of doing this? It was fine how it was…

It was abused. Now leaving ship is happening without explosion.

No Nerf to Particle Purge!!! Thats bad. I hope it will be nerfed when the tourney starts… unless you want to see only Gunships and (to counter) Frigballs. 

About the HUD… no changes at all? 

The old one with the actives over the special module was way better since you needed only one look at it to know which modules are on CD. now you have to “read” a line. That takes more time. Plz change it back ASAP. 

The Font is too much, I cant find the prediction marker in all that font. 

An Asian server is a good thing. They really needed one, i think (Aussies will profit from it, too, right?)

Main server could need an upgrade imo. The ping is OK for me, but my ship “stutters” on the RU server, its like slowdowns for faction of seconds (still long enough to crash into the next rock). 

x1j7.jpg

Why was this needed? It was fine. Waste of time for another pointless change. Now there is a chance you might missclick abandon ship when you just want to quickly change a volume or some setting, maybe the reticle? during the game, before you had a special bind for suicide command, but now… why do you even… the development time… so stupid… I cannot even…

Another question thou : How to bring back the old interface ? Checking the box “default interface” is not working.

I want that back

JMasC.jpg

It only works for the options below that checkbox.

Why was this needed? It was fine. Waste of time for another pointless change. Now there is a chance you might missclick abandon ship when you just want to quickly change a volume or some setting, maybe the reticle? during the game, before you had a special bind for suicide command, but now… why do you even… the development time… so stupid… I cannot even…

What is being developed and what is added to the patch are different things.

We recommend to post feedback on the update itself further on.

It was abused. Now leaving ship is happening without explosion.

I don’t see what’s the difference, you still leave your ship and make a tactical change? (recharge missile, pick an engineer if it’s missing, save dsr) What was being abused?

It only works for the options below that checkbox.

So there is absolutely no way to bring back the old interface and we have to get used to this monstrosity ?

All hail the monstrosity! It should be henceforth known as such.

So there is absolutely no way to bring back the old interface and we have to get used to this monstrosity ?

You are wasting more time complaining about the new interface than adapting to it. I did in like 5 secs. But hey, keep complaining. If they revert it back, I will complain because I liked it more as it is now. And that way ad infinitum…

No Nerf to Particle Purge!!! Thats bad. I hope it will be nerfed when the tourney starts… unless you want to see only Gunships and (to counter) Frigballs.

Doesn’t really matter, at high levels everyone will be playing guard frigates and they don’t give a damn about particle purge. Well, actually they do and they like it, as it makes killing enemy gunships noticeably faster.

It’s powerful against small ships in close quarters combat, and I find it unlikely that any interceptors that may be fielded in the tourney will enter close combat with current state of interceptor weapons anyway.

You are wasting more time complaining about the new interface than adapting to it. I did in like 5 secs. But hey, keep complaining. If they revert it back, I will complain because I liked it more as it is now. And that way ad infinitum…

New interface is much worse. About the only way to “adapt” is to not know how to use the old interface properly or just give up and use a much worse interface.

Best thing about T5 particle purge is, when you activate it, you are immune to all the debuffs, and you’re like trololol :wink:

So when your shields are down enemy are like “ha! focus that gunship down, it’s shields are down! Activating debuffs, tackler, ecm… wait, what? It doesn’t work!! Haxorz!!!”

Doesn’t really matter, at high levels everyone will be playing guard frigates and they don’t give a damn about particle purge. Well, actually they do and they like it, as it makes killing enemy gunships noticeably faster.

It’s powerful against small ships in close quarters combat, and I find it unlikely that any interceptors that may be fielded in the tourney will enter close combat with current state of interceptor weapons anyway.

Yea, might be that Im that enraged because Fighters have an IWIN button vs Inties now, too. 

Sad, but I have to accept the truth: Inties are pretty much dead, if you dont have baddies without guards. 

Luckily i found a new crude pleasure in flying Empire LRF.