Star Conflict OBT v.0.9.9 Discussion

My daily life as a Guard pilot.

That’s a 30% decrease on base resists, not overall. What you’ll see is a small decrease in Survivability stats but a BIG boost on single damage reduction. To the point where the average Guard pilot won’t even bother with resists, they’ll just put buffer on those monsters. This is NOT going to get rid of übber-Inquisitors.

Because it was heavily nerfed along with those modul-… do you even read the patch notes!?

Huh… Considering the Parasitic Remodulator barely scratches my Guard’s shields… Yes, I say it was unneeded. However, I won’t deny it was OP against Interceptors. Which, ONCE AGAIN, brings us back to the topic of “SCALED DAMAGE”. Somethign that’s vastly needed in this game, but no one gives a toss about.

Guard Frigate

Shield resistance to ALL types of damage reduced by 30 pts.

Phase Shield resistance increased by 50 pts. for the active damage type

Reading, you could try it.

Yes flares got nerfed, so xxxx what?! It has NOTHING to do with EM field! It is its own problem all together!

“To the point where the average Guard pilot won’t even bother with resists, they’ll just put buffer on those monsters. This is NOT going to get rid of übber-Inquisitors.”

this was 90% of the guards already, I don’t see the problem? And this change might change that actually because their base resists will be full of xxxx without resist mods.

“Huh… Considering the Parasitic Remodulator barely scratches my Guard’s shields… Yes, I say it was unneeded. However, I won’t deny it was OP against Interceptors. Which, ONCE AGAIN, brings us back to the topic of “SCALED DAMAGE”. Somethign that’s vastly needed in this game, but no one gives a toss about.”

And while he was leeching, you had 0 chance of destroying him unless you could insta-kill him, which is impossible against good recon pilots who don’t sit still but orbit you.

And scaled damage is terrible, just saying.

Why would removing one CPU slot, and adding 1 shield slot on the King Nibelung make it more suited to its role ? (The only weapon viable now on the ship is Plasma Gun due to its reducing spread.)

ANy other weapon will need a spread reduction in the CPU slot, meaning you cannot run extended sensors (Which is the whole point of Recon no ???)

Same for the diamond dwarf. Those were my thoughts also.

I think the devs took the unkillable guard the wrong way.

The problem with guard frigs are not the resists, that’s the HP. With this module that gives you +35% HP to your shield for a minor reduction of your acceleration, you gain so much HP that  you can sustain a lot of damage even without Phase Shield.

Removing this module would solve a lot of problems …

So fit a submatter shield, and fly a ship that has the same eHP as a mosquito ? No thanks

Every Int has the EHP of a mosquito. You know it… in case of the KN its at least a big Mosquito. 

Btw.: There are so many options to break Parasitic: Metastable, Break LoS, Counter-Parasite, Ion Emitter, Cloak, Combat reboot, IR Flare, Ion Missiles… I dont think the nerf was needed.

If you really wanted to nerf something: Proxy mines.  

And scaled damage is terrible, just saying.

Oh, so you like getting hit by Blue Balls for 5k damage on Ceptors and 8k (I actually hit 15k crits the other week!!!) on Guards fitted to counter them?

Oh, so you like getting hit by Blue Balls for 5k damage on Ceptors and 8k (I actually hit 15k crits the other week!!!) on Guards fitted to counter them?

I hate the very concept of beach balls all together.

oh gawd. so all the people asking how to sell ships now finally were taken as feedback.

since this feature is not that important, i just smile about it, and say, “good idea”.

also very nicely implemented, with the buyback.

I know we’re talkin’ patch release notes, but how come things like the dismal state of affairs in the warehouse get totally glossed over? It used to be fairly easy to see what you had in storage, and what you had equiped. Now it’s nearly impossible but there doesn’t seem to be any change to the situation.

Or the ridiculous cost of upgrades with the loyalty ‘vouchers’? I mean, you play for a couple months, get some clue as to how the ranking and levelling up systems work, and then it’s totally revamped. and all that faction loyalty becomes an undervalued currency. You buy a couple upgrade kits and you’re ‘voucher’ poor, and it’ll take forever to be able to re-accumulate the amounts we are talking about here.

Or the fact that modules that differentiate between pts or percentages just overcomplicates the game. I know, some guys like the greater breadth of choice in modules, but is it necessary?

It just seems to me we are talking about pennies, when we should be talking about pounds.

Anyone else have an opinion here?

And by the by, I think the idea of scaled damage properly implemented could work pretty well.

Economics

Ship sale

You can now sell ships

COOOOOL. Now I can sell the ships I NEVER USE. 

Trophies

Significantly increased the chance to find secret documents granting loyalty vouchers

Sale price of Mk2 Upgrade Kits has been increased tenfold

Reduced the chance to find Upgrade Kits Mk2 by 10%

The chance to find Upgrade Kits Mk4 remains unchanged

Why reduce the upgrade kits MK2 by 10%? They were already rare to begin with! And what do you mean the sale price? You mean if you want to sell it, its worth more? How much is significantly increasing the chance to find loyalty vouchers really mean? 50%?

Development

Fleet strength

This system is introduced to support the pilots upgrading their ships to maximum synergy levels

Ship bonuses and synergy levels

A ship with the 1st synergy level now only has the starting bonus set

The other bonuses are added as you level up your ship

All of the ship’s bonuses can now be seen in its description

I cant wait to try this. Does this apply to premium ships? 

I hate the very concept of beach balls all together.

And this is where scaled damage can help. Anything AoE related can be scaled. Full damage at the centre of the projectile/missile and low damage at its edge. The Singularity Generator has a prototype of it working, which is why you’re not getting hit for 8-10k damage on Ceptors if you catch the edge of the sphere, but the damage is still WAY too high…

what do you mean the sale price? You mean if you want to sell it, its worth more?  

I cant wait to try this. Does this apply to premium ships?

Yes. Selling price is now 10 times higher.

Yes, it takes all of your elite ships into account (and as premium and DLC ships are all with maxed out synergy they are also elite).

Yes. Selling price is now 10 times higher.

Yes, it takes all of your elite ships into account (and as premium and DLC ships are all with maxed out synergy they are also elite).

Awesome. Thanks for clearing that up! 

Awesome. Thanks for clearing that up! 

You still can’t sell the Premium ships.

i don’t understand why guard resists have been reduced on shields.

that was never their main problem imho. its the ubertanky hull

proxy mines are fine, zap. so is parasitic, but the buff on parasitic wasn’t really needed in the last patches, does not make much difference however.

Some good changes, some unusual ones.

The one that struck me the most was the nerf to Recon. I’m somewhat confused as to why this was needed, the class is feeling a bit weak if nothing else. Can we expect a big speed increase to compensate? The class desperately needs it, given that it’s supposed to be ya know, a supportive/scout class. It’s way too slow right now.

no changes huh ory

cJ8kGDS.jpg?1

1Lkm3iZ.jpg?1

Y2R7tDO.jpg?1

still leeches enough

asnE8lF.jpg?1

WcaaW1I.jpg

getting error while trying to upgrade synergy level.

8DzvWS7.jpg

and while trying to open contracts…

Are those Screenshots from 9.9??? 

Is this a bad Joke? You Nerf Guardshields just to buff them again due to special bonuses???  :crazy:  :facepalm:

no changes huh ory

cJ8kGDS.jpg?1

1Lkm3iZ.jpg?1

Y2R7tDO.jpg?1

still leeches enough

asnE8lF.jpg?1

[ship selling stuff]

COOOOOL. Now I can sell the ships I NEVER USE. 

[…]

[strength stuff]

I cant wait to try this.

Contradiction detected. Take your dose of sweets right now JP!

Also feeling like recons needed a nerf, but i don’t see the gaurds going anywhere away soon.

I get the same as Funky - Contracts and Synergy level increases are broken