Star Conflict OBT v.0.9.9 Discussion

[Patch content](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/21658-star-conflict-obt-v099/)

No Patch without nerfs on interceptor…  :sad:

I dont get this capacitor removed/added thing. Is there a translation mistake? It says you removed a capacitor slot and added one… i dont get it…

Main question to this: Do Eagle and Kite have now capacitors? Can they have an Emergency Barrier now (finally)?

No changes to the MM at all?

Re-purchasing a ships costs 80% of its origina store price

-You forgot a L there.

Acid Hydra
added 1 capacitor slot, there is now 1 slot
removed 1 capacitor slot, there is now 1 slot
Dragon
added 1 capacitor slot, there are now 2 slots
removed 1 capacitor slot, there are now 2 slots
Deimos
Phobos
Diamond Dwarf
King Nibelung
Templar AE
Ira Deus
Crus S
Machete AE
removed 1 capacitor slot, now there are none
Lance Bartle
Alligator-M
Grizzly-M
Osprey
Fox
removed 1 capacitor slot, now there are none
Fox-M
Wolf
Wolf-M
Tiger-M
Hawk-M
Kite
Eagle
Eagle-M

-You went full on BrainFart…Fix needed…

Coil Mortar
Damage reduced

-By how much?

Guard Frigate

-good

Weapons
Heavy Blaster

-good

Overheating

-very good

Modules

-agree with every change

Additional devices

-agree with every change

Graphics

Sound

-looking forward to it

Russian comics on the capacitor change:

in my opinion is clear. They did not do anything. And so wanted to write …))

(Russians got the same problem)

-By how much?

By 8% as far as I am aware.

We will fix the problem with modules descriptions as soon as possible.

Guard change is -30 passive, +50 active.

Numbers are wrong on both forums, and wrong by different amounts on each of the forums. Real numbers were provided by a dev in the discussion thread.

P.S. I love how funkybacon “agrees with every module change” :facepalm:

Now… Let’s see if the Dev Blog was sugar-coated or not…

Ship sale

You can now sell ships

Sale price stands at 25% of the original store price

You can’t sell DLC and Premium ships

When a ship is sold, its modules are put into your warehouse

When a ship is sold, its accumulated synergy is preserved

Re-purchasing a ships costs 80% of its origina store price

Yes. Finally.

Trophies

Significantly increased the chance to find secret documents granting loyalty vouchers

Sale price of Mk2 Upgrade Kits has been increased tenfold

Reduced the chance to find Upgrade Kits Mk2 by 10%

The chance to find Upgrade Kits Mk4 remains unchanged

Well… ****. I had, like, 20 or so upgrade kits.

I still say this is a BAAAAD system.

Fleet strength

This system is introduced to support the pilots upgrading their ships to maximum synergy levels

Fleet strength increases synergy gains for all ships

Each ship with the maximum synergy level adds to fleet strength

The more ships with maximum synergy you have, the higher your fleet strength becomes

If you sell an elite ship, you lose its fleet strength bonus

Reduced the amount of synergy needed to advance to maximum synergy level for all ships apart from the 3rd, 4th and 6th ranks

Current fleet strength can be seen in the ship tree

Ship bonuses and synergy levels

A ship with the 1st synergy level now only has the starting bonus set

The other bonuses are added as you level up your ship

All of the ship’s bonuses can now be seen in its description 

Already expressed myself on this in the dev blog, except…

> Apart from the 3rd, 4th & 6th Ranked ships.

I don’t… Why just these, though??

Module slot configuration

These changes are aimed at making the ships better suited to their roles

I… Well, I guess these changes were needed, but why are they all Capacitor slots?

Changes have been made to improve combat balance

• Guard hp/Phase changes: I guess they were needed, but I don’t see this working as an actual nerf… If anything, if there is a sole surviving Guard in the enemy team and your group only has one weapon type hitting it, they’ll have a LOT more tank. I agree in nerfing Guards a bit, but I don’t think this was the right step towards it.

• Coil Mortar: What? So we’re keeping the highly abusable RoF? Ok, then, time to abuse it.

• EM Field: Glad to see the devs are thinking straight, once more. I still fail to see why the massive nerf on overall survivability was made, at the time, but w/e.

• Micro-Locator: THANK YOU!

• Parasitic Remod: That is a massive nerf to Recons, overall, considering the main issue were Recons with Recon Effect bonuses…

Additional devices

Battle firmware

Now gives +50% to synergy and loyalty voucher gain

Tactical software

Now gives +100% to synergy and loyalty voucher gain for all allies

Thank you for nerfing one of the few incomes you people had left. The game is now Pay to Grind a Little Less.

Prospector probe

Now gives 2 additional loot search opportunities

Now it’s only consumed if the player wins a battle

Alright. Good. Excellent.

So no sugar-coat. Just the cherry on top. Well, time to find out the ninja nerfs.

I… Well, I guess these changes were needed, but why are they all Capacitor slots?

Mistake in patchnotes, already fixing it.

Well, gunships are going to be marginally better now with reduced damage from coil mortar, last interceptor that had some semblance of viability has been gutted and guards are slightly adjusted, though taking in account coil mortar change, it’s still a bit of a nerf.

Let’s see what changes they didn’t tell us about.

• Guard hp/Phase changes: I guess they were needed, but I don’t see this working as an actual nerf… If anything, if there is a sole surviving Guard in the enemy team and your group only has one weapon type hitting it, they’ll have a LOT more tank. I agree in nerfing Guards a bit, but I don’t think this was the right step towards it.

• Coil Mortar: What? So we’re keeping the highly abusable RoF? Ok, then, time to abuse it.

• EM Field: Glad to see the devs are thinking straight, once more. I still fail to see why the massive nerf on overall survivability was made, at the time, but w/e.

• Parasitic Remod: That is a massive nerf to Recons, overall, considering the main issue were Recons with Recon Effect bonuses…

Thank you for nerfing one of the few incomes you people had left. The game is now Pay to Grind a Little Less.

Typo’s, getting fixed

Guard > focus fire will still kill him, and if your whole team uses 1 damage type, the fault lies at your team.

Coil Mortar > without the ROF they will just lock up again. I think this is an acceptable way to fix locking up for now.

EM field > it wasn’t that bad…you only had a small period of time without anti-radar…

And what survivability nerfs?

Parasitic > it was OP on all recons…

The ship slots are now fixed, and i must say that a lot of them are not the slots I would like to see or feel they need but I must be crazy or something… 

Mistake in patchnotes, already fixing it.

Oh, lawd, figures.

Yeah, I’m with Funky on this one… Some of those changes aren’t exactly “balancing” in the right direction…

Typo’s, getting fixed

Guard > focus fire will still kill him, and if your whole team uses 1 damage type, the fault lies at your team.

Coil Mortar > without the ROF they will just lock up again. I think this is an acceptable way to fix locking up for now.

EM field > it wasn’t that bad…you only had a small period of time without anti-radar…

• Focus fire will kill him, obviously, but that leaves the rest of his team free to wander around the map doing objectives. It’ll still take a year to kill a Guard.

• It really isn’t.

• It was bad. Almost a full minute cooldown prior to the survivability nerfs. And yes, you remember those, right? The ones where they increased the cooldowns on Flares? Cloaks?

• Well, ok, it was sorta OP, depending on what ship you were flying…

Ah, the Update on the slots…

Well at least the Eagle is viable now, and Tiger-M could be interesting. Good Job. 

Still, Kite has no Capacitor, thats BAD!

Typo’s, getting fixed

Waiting impatiently for that moment when 3 guards get owned by one recon.

No wait, that was one guard and three recons. Sorry. Clearly, that is a correct direction of nerfs!

To summarize: Guard holding off a lot of people, and killing several in the process = balanced.

Recon daring to survive against guard for about 10 seconds longer than others = OP NERFNOW!

Typos in reconfiguration of passives - fixed.

Waiting impatiently for that moment when 3 guards get owned by one recon.

No wait, that was one guard and three recons. Sorry. Clearly, that is a correct direction of nerfs!

Still waiting impatiently for that moment when 3 recons get owned by 1 guard.

Oh, lawd, figures.

Yeah, I’m with Funky on this one… Some of those changes aren’t exactly “balancing” in the right direction…

• Focus fire will kill him, obviously, but that leaves the rest of his team free to wander around the map doing objectives. It’ll still take a year to kill a Guard.

• It really isn’t.

• It was bad. Almost a full minute cooldown prior to the survivability nerfs. And yes, you remember those, right? The ones where they increased the cooldowns on Flares? Cloaks?

• Well, ok, it was sorta OP, depending on what ship you were flying…

“- Guard hp/Phase changes: I guess they were needed, but I don’t see this working as an actual nerf… If anything, if there is a sole surviving Guard in the enemy team and your group only has one weapon type hitting it, they’ll have a LOT more tank. I agree in nerfing Guards a bit, but I don’t think this was the right step towards it.”

It should not be a problem in that case. And he barely increased in EHP on his phase shield resist, REMEMBER, ALL his resists went down by 30, and his phase shield only gives 50 extra, so a total increase of 20 with phase shield on a resist.(if i got those numbers right) but in total he loses 40 shield resist.

It does less damage per shot, but locks up less often and has a higher ROF, I don’t see the problem?

EM field is the LRF module that blocks you from showing up on radar, how has this anything to do with survivability for other ships?

good luck breaking a recon who has parasitic on you…

Why would removing one CPU slot, and adding 1 shield slot on the King Nibelung make it more suited to its role ? (The only weapon viable now on the ship is Plasma Gun due to its reducing spread.)

ANy other weapon will need a spread reduction in the CPU slot, meaning you cannot run extended sensors (Which is the whole point of Recon no ???)

Is this idea of fleet synergy really necessary? I know it’s a small thing, not at all like the loyalty voucher situation, but…

I can see a few places that need some tender care, rather than introducing so many new and sweeping changes all at once.

Why would removing one CPU slot, and adding 1 shield slot on the King Nibelung make it more suited to its role ? (The only weapon viable now on the ship is Plasma Gun due to its reducing spread.)

ANy other weapon will need a spread reduction in the CPU slot, meaning you cannot run extended sensors (Which is the whole point of Recon no ???)

At least we can put in a submatter-shield so it goes 500+ yay!

You know you need to gtfo now, since you cant tank pulsar from a guard with parasitic anymore. 

Still waiting impatiently for that moment when 3 recons get owned by 1 guard.

My daily life as a Guard pilot.

It should not be a problem in that case. And he barely increased in EHP on his phase shield resist, REMEMBER, ALL his resists went down by 30, and his phase shield only gives 50 extra, so a total increase of 20 with phase shield on a resist.(if i got those numbers right) but in total he loses 40 shield resist.

EM field is the LRF module that blocks you from showing up on radar, how has this anything to do with survivability for other ships?

good luck breaking a recon who has parasitic on you…

That’s a 30% decrease on base resists, not overall. What you’ll see is a small decrease in Survivability stats but a BIG boost on single damage reduction. To the point where the average Guard pilot won’t even bother with resists, they’ll just put buffer on those monsters. This is NOT going to get rid of übber-Inquisitors.

Because it was heavily nerfed along with those modul-… do you even read the patch notes!?

Huh… Considering the Parasitic Remodulator barely scratches my Guard’s shields… Yes, I say it was unneeded. However, I won’t deny it was OP against Interceptors. Which, ONCE AGAIN, brings us back to the topic of “SCALED DAMAGE”. Somethign that’s vastly needed in this game, but no one gives a toss about.

At least we can put in a submatter-shield so it goes 500+ yay!

You know you need to gtfo now, since you cant tank pulsar from a guard with parasitic anymore. 

So fit a submatter shield, and fly a ship that has the same eHP as a mosquito ? No thanks