Star Conflict OBT v.0.9.8 update1 Discussion

all in the same tier. is it really that hard?

Wait time?

Development

Contracts

Faction change is now free - Finally. Good change.

Significantly increased contracts profitability - Will check after maintenance, but I hope on 2x at least. I had to grind 5 days (full contracts lvl 1-14) for 1 module.

General

Matchmaking

Added new matchmaking queue - English translation ?

For more information visit our blog

Mass Propulsion Inhibitor

Active radius reduced by 20% - 4K was too much. 3K is survivable.

Yes, there will be a translation soon

Wait time?

I’d rather wait for a good match than have to waste time on a bad one.

we HAD seperated tiers and it WAS good.

there was a poll wether or not we WANT mixed tiers and the majority voted AGAINST mixed tiers.

the devs did what they wanted anyway.

the wait time was almost the same with the old mm, don’t tell me it can’t be done!

i’d rather wait twice as long for a match i want to play compared to a compleately unbalanced match like i often get these days. t3 vs. t5? how fair! i love losing to inferior players because they have better ships, it’s awesome!

You’re happy to be grouping with someone and fighting higher and higher Tiers and groups as you win?

I’m happy with the vouchers stuff, the change on plasma weapon and mortar, and with the propulsion inhibitor nerf. I didn’t see the matchmaking stuff and how it’s calculated.

This really isn’t hard to do…

Each Tier has two queues. Teams of 3-4 players always go in the “upper” queue along with people who have a huge DSR and/or amazing loadouts. The rest go down below.

After 4+ minutes in a queue, anyone in the lower tier is automatically shunted to the upper tier so they will at least get a game, moving highest DSR / teams first.

From what I google translated it MM sucks even more now. With my natural 1550+ DSR from playing objectives and not even care about it (checked it last night and once in awhile) I am given +4 to MM. If I squad in 4 men squad with my blue R11 ships on full synergy I get +5.  So basically I can get up to +10 with the “for win” add ?

So you tell me I should get T1 ships, strip them off any gear and let newbies kill me 50-100 times to artificially drop my DRS to under 1000, so I can play normal matches with ships of the same tier I fly in (r11) ?

If I understand correctly, you can even have +2 more for each MK4 module installed on your ship. Well, time to go T5…

I don’t mind playing against higher tiers. Skill kann make up for alot of Equip. Sure, you have to adjust your play stile. I think it was very challenging to fight against t3-t4 ships using t2 ships in a squad. It was never really unfair or unplayable.

If I understand correctly, you can even have +2 more for each MK4 module installed on your ship. Well, time to go T5…

No, modules are not counted. Only type of your weapon is added to matchmaking calculations. 

I don’t mind playing against higher tiers. Skill kann make up for alot of Equip. Sure, you have to adjust your play stile. I think it was very challenging to fight against t3-t4 ships using t2 ships in a squad. It was never really unfair or unplayable.

Indeed. You must understand that the main idea behind working with matchmaker is not to “give the uber-top-pilot a possibility to own everyone all the time” but to provide all pilots with a fair game. And of course, once again: we are constantly working and adjusting the system.

No, modules are not counted. Only type of your weapon is added to matchmaking calculations. 

Ok, thanks for the clarification. Bad thing is, though, that MK4 Weapons don’t really do that much more damage compared to their MK3 counterparts. Giving my MM +2 for 50, maybe 100 (I don’t have the numbers right now, but it’s not that much) increased DPS seems rather unjustified IMO.

Wait time?

We already have to wait close to 10 minutes if we’re grouped in T4… Adding another 5 minutes to that is nothing, really…

This really isn’t hard to do…

Each Tier has two queues. Teams of 3-4 players always go in the “upper” queue along with people who have a huge DSR and/or amazing loadouts. The rest go down below.

After 4+ minutes in a queue, anyone in the lower tier is automatically shunted to the upper tier so they will at least get a game, moving highest DSR / teams first.

No.

I’ll tell you what the best MM option is. You keep the MM as it was before this patch. But you do this for squad options:

• Flying solo: You get queued in the same Tier.

• 2-man squad: 2 ranks above your highest ship.

• 3/4-man squad: 3 ranks above.

NOBODY wants to fight T3 ships when they’re only flying T1. It’s impossible to win, simple as that. Same goes for T3 ships vs T5, as the current MM does.

Flying solo is actually an even worse experience because you, more often than not, get grouped with idiots that don’t even know where the front of their ship is and that always leads to a loss. THIS is what’s stressing about the MM. And the devs just made it worse because you’ll be pitted against stronger opponents. Despite that being a good thing, the MM also fills the rest of your team with low-skilled pilots who just don’t give a toss about kills or objectives. All the while the enemy team is just rinsing through everything with glee.

Sounds like I’ll be equipping my Guards / Engineers / Recons with Mk I guns and relying on modules to do all the damage from here on out, seeing as I’ll be punished for wanting to use the Mk III equip I spent MONTHS earning…

so we equip a mk1 weapon to troll matchmaking and fly with purples anyways? lol

as if mk4 would be worth +2, everyone who is aware of this will rather use mk3 or mk1…

so we equip a mk1 weapon to troll matchmaking and fly with purples anyways? lol

as if mk4 would be worth +2, everyone who is aware of this will rather use mk3 or mk1…

You won’t be able to ‘troll’ it this way, there are other factors preventing this kind of in-game behaviour. 

Gameplay

PvE

Significant amounts of Loyalty Vouchers can now be obtained as trophies

What does this mean? Especially being with title “PvE”…

Might be stupid question, but it could be interpreted couple of ways.

Doesn’t the fact we feel the need to “troll” suggest you’ve made a huge mistake somewhere?

The whole issue with modern matchmaking is no rewards for progression. If you grind enough to get a full squad of pure blue R9 ships, the “reward” is to be dumped against T4 and T5 who laugh at your stats. You never feel empowered because you are never top of the power tree, not until you get pure purple T5… Which 90% of the players will never reach.

Even if I’m fighting only other R9 pure blue pilots, at least with fixed tiers I know I’m at the point where no-one can out-tech me. That, at least, gives a sense of accomplishment.

Dumping me vs T5 does not.

Significantly increased contracts profitability - Will check after maintenance, but I hope on 2x at least. I had to grind 5 days (full contracts lvl 1-14) for 1 module.

It has to be exactly 7 times higher to have the same progression speed in MK3 as before 0.9.8.

EDIT: just logged in and checked. They’ve been increased ranging from 1.5x to ~3x. But not all of them. Basically an average of 2x times faster overall than before this update, which isn’t much absolutely at all.

Yeah I’m sure MK4 weapons will give me free wins so I deserve harder games? lol

You won’t be able to ‘troll’ it this way, there are other factors preventing this kind of in-game behaviour. 

oh really? it gives me a straight -2 right? if everything else is purple it doesn’t matter right?

i have to agree 100% with JasanQuinn; punishing us in this way destroys our acomplishments in the game! i finally have purple weapons? here have fun with this unfair matchup!

playing as high skill but low ship rank players is no fun because you face enemy who will beat you with higher tech ships, NOT with skills. it is FRUSTRATING.

in the end it might be somewhat more fair than facing Aces in the same tier, but it is definately less fun than a proper matchup.

beeing punished for beeing a good player is a total no-go. please go ahead and create an account with 1500+ dsr, play t3 ships only with 4 mates who also got 1,5k dsr and then play 10 matches. even if you win 5 of them it will not feel fair in any way and it doubt this could be any fun since the game clearly shows that TECH REPLACES SKILL!