Star Conflict OBT v.0.9.7 Discussion

[Patch content](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/21402-star-conflict-obt-v097/)

First :smiley:

“Custom battle: you can now create PvE missions for three pilots”  Do you get more rewards with only 3 pilots?

“Default options positions are the same as in version 0.9.5”  Can you explain this one more?

First :smiley:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!    :smoke:

By a matter of seconds too!

“Default options positions are the same as in version 0.9.5”  Can you explain this one more?

It defaults to having the auto-aim turned on, just like it used to be before 0.9.6?

5th XD I like the aiming customizable part idea. Thanks devs!

It defaults to having the auto-aim turned on, just like it used to be before 0.9.6?

It was a bit… mistranslated. By default, you will have the aim assist option turned on, as it was in 0.9.5. You can switch it off in options. 

“Tuned” Difficulty is usually dev-speak for “made harder”.

I sure hope they didnt nerf my source of credits, because loyalty is already too much a grind.  I’d hate for my income to get “tuned” too.

Black and red colours price increased by 100%.

wat

why the devolper change the squad from 4 to 3 , when with the new patch you can create a pve Custom battle create with 3 Pilots ???

I found a squad with 4 Player was allright.

sorry for my bad english

why the devolper change the squad from 4 to 3 , when with the new patch you can create a pve Custom battle create with 3 Pilots ???

I found a squad with 4 Player was allright.

sorry for my bad english

It was changed like 3 patches ago…

Error, is there any possibility that the 4 person squads will make a return? I miss them allot.

Error, is there any possibility that the 4 person squads will make a return? I miss them allot.

At the moment I cannot promise anything on this. We are collecting the feedback and we will discuss it.

thanks for update…

Customization

Great… we want more options and the only thing they found to do was increase prices for 2 of them… WTF?!

Bug fixes
Pressing F11 now also displays your server region  > good

Added new options:

“Aim assistance”: toggles automatic aim assistance when looking at target prediction markers

“Ping-aware prediction”: toggles awareness of your network latency while calculating prediction marker position

Default options positions are the same as in version 0.9.5

> sounds good, hope there aren’t any stealth changes here if it is supposedly changed to previous mechanics; needs testing

Minor but good changes and improvements, except for that color thing… We’re expecting more out of that, not less.

Don’t forget the bug with the random unlocking still persists. It has been discussed a while ago.

Tuned PvE mission difficulty: “Blackwood”, Processing Rig

Custom battle: you can now create PvE missions for three pilots

“Tuned” how? More difficult? Modified resist for bots? Please explain :slight_smile:

And what is the point to do a mission with only 3 pilots? PVE is a revenue source essentially, our goal is to do it as fast as possible.

It would have been better to restore 4-Squad. All the complaining around how it was unbalancing parties is a crap from solo players. Star Conflict is a team game. Even not a memeber of a corporation, a single player can create a squad and there is a lot of Teamspeak/Mumble free servers to get vocal teamwork.

And it is a long time ago since we have found how to put several corpo squads together in PVP :wink:

Tutorial: successfully completing the third tutorial stage is now rewarded with 100 GS

Will this third tutorial be reset for all players or only the new ones will get this new reward?

WTF?! Is it because it is the tww colors players get the most? Isn’t a bit greedy to increased the price of those only two only to push players to get GS? Color customization is already too expensive. Increasing it is sending a wrong message to the communauty.

Beware, it is a dangerous game you are playing.

“Ping-aware prediction”: toggles awareness of your network latency while calculating prediction marker position

A very very good idea to have added this feature. Big up to developpers :smiley:

Bug fixes
Added new options:

“Aim assistance”: toggles automatic aim assistance when looking at target prediction markers

Well, just tested. ‘Working as intended’ applies correctly :wink:

First match, 3v3, enemy had 1 ESB guy who gave up at first ship loss, used Gauss Wolf, got 7 kills, everyone else 0, capped 1 beacon (realistic mode). It’s the same as before with it turned on. Some weapons and playstyles will indeed need it turned off for better results. Have fun!

PS: did i mention one DS guy in the other team raging at me? :slight_smile:

PS2: i’ve so missed my Wolves!

Tuned PvE mission difficulty: “Blackwood”, Processing Rig

Custom battle: you can now create PvE missions for three pilots

Blackwood made harder. Gotcha. I’m glad EVO got to hold their 5:09 record on that map. Now it’ll truly be impossible to achieve.

Updated Ice Reef battleground:

Changed ice asteroid geometry

Optimized performance

I never noticed any performance issues on that map. My framerate did drop like 5-10 points when recording, though…

Tutorial: successfully completing the third tutorial stage is now rewarded with 100 GS.

Well done! I’m glad to see you’ve made learning a more pleasurable experience. (There’s no sarcasm here, I’m being honest)

Average premium ship profitability increased by 20%

This needs expanding. What is this? Credits? Synergy? Loyalty?

Considering the terrible state the game is in, you decided that INCREASING the prices was a good idea!? Has it ever occurred to that place you call “marketing department” that making them CHEAPER would make MORE people buy them? Well done, you’ve effectively made ALL customization VANISH from the game, save from those that just don’t care to spend all their money. The solution here, if you REALLY want to get more money off this, is to LOWER the prices, not increasing them. Rest assured 90% of the people that used those colours, will now not use them, like me. (/inb40fucksgivenbydevs)

Improved Attack Drone volley effect

So no actual fix for this broken module? Lovely. Time to abuse the xxxx out of it.

Pressing F11 now also displays your server region

Urgh, finally…

Lesse how this works out. I mean, the Shrapnel has NEVER hit on the reticle for me, I always have to aim it half a screen ahead of the marker, but whatever.

Overall, 70/30 patch. You’re improving, it’s no longer a 100% xxxx patch!

At the moment I cannot promise anything on this. We are collecting the feedback and we will discuss it.

Soo… 3 patches wasn’t enough “feedback collecting”?..

Servers going down…

What will be included?

Patchnotes seem fine. Had no chance to try it…  

Theory feedback:

Gameplay

What do you mean by “tuned”? Some info on this would be lovely.

Will there be advantages for doing it with 3 people? Is there anything different between 3 and 4 people PVE?

Hangar

Awesome! I have had several places where this would be a good option to close windows(Implants etc.) instead of having to press the “x”

Equipment

Very good! More info is always good, and the strip function is also very welcome!

Customization

I don’t understand why this happens, but I am sad to see it happen.

HUD

Will have to see for the “central marker”, but the lead indicator is a welcome revert.

Sound

Looking forward to not having my ears get killed in the hangar(Really, it is way too loud)

Bug fixes

Glad to see all of these! 

Besides the customization price change, this in theory, is a great patch.  :good: 9/10

Hope it is as good ingame.

*The changes may not be exactly what some wanted, but the patch itself looks nicely*

Funny how the I.I.N I linked in 9.6 discussion saw a lot of these changes coming, so I was right in the end   :beee: