Star Conflict OBT v.0.9.6 Discussion

the bubble is still quite deadly,

It is no longer adequate in 1v1

Gunship Singu vs Guard

Ironically ECM is the better alternative to Gunships when facing off 1v1. Or Engineer given the right conditions.

As you can probably tell I’ve been playing interceptor a lot this week… Some are good, some really suck. 

I used to be like you. Then the Frigball hit me. Now I’m a Fighter pilot. Coincidently, I refuse to use the blue balls, so I’m going rails all the way.

It is no longer adequate in 1v1

Gunship Singu vs Guard

Ironically ECM is the better alternative to Gunships when facing off 1v1. Or Engineer given the right conditions.

It still kills. And yes, an Engi, nowadays, especially Imperial ones, are pretty top in 1v1s.

It all depends on what you are fighting and if they are proper fit and flown.

Proper guard vs proper ECM could take a lifetime, a ECM might not even kill an engineer.

A gunship does a lot of DPS though, and I usually do not have a problem killing people with my T5 assault gunship, as long as they aren’t inties atleast xD

Proper guard vs proper ECM could take a lifetime, a ECM might not even kill an engineer.

I’ve killed a Polus whilst flying a Kris-AE since the weapon change. And he was a good pilot, too.

fed ships got no EHP(Exept some guards) so that doesn’t really count :stuck_out_tongue: I don’t think I have ever seen a fed engi with over 40k tank and under 300m/s speed, nor a fed guard with above 60k EHP.

They kinda blow up just by looking at them :stuck_out_tongue:

the bubble is still quite deadly, especially as an ambush weapon or against close range fighters/interceptors.

Here you go! That was NOT the intention of this weapon! Its intention was to counter that Frigs!!!

You cant even Kill a LRF before it overheats wtf???

gunship doesnt have that problem :stuck_out_tongue: And it all depends on the situation, in some it fires too often, in others not enough.

fed ships got no EHP(Exept some guards) so that doesn’t really count :stuck_out_tongue: I don’t think I have ever seen a fed engi with over 40k tank and under 300m/s speed, nor a fed guard with above 60k EHP.

They kinda blow up just by looking at them :stuck_out_tongue:

Nah. My Ana-M is quite durable. Goes up to nearly 300 resists with Phase Shield. =P

I do fly it as an actual tank, fast, durable and hard-hitting, so I only have half its modules fitted.

Every weapon should overheat before a kill, except when killing an inty that’s standing still.

Anyway, looks like I’ll continue leveling up frigates.  Two weeks ago I almost never flew them.  Now I have three in my slots.  What’s that tell you?

Yesterday I was in a capture the beacons match.  An engineer out of my sensor range started hitting me with lasers.  At one point I moved out in the open more to see if my shields would go down at least 5% 1v1.  They didn’t.  Of course I had to go back behind the asteroid when the other two ships came after me.

gunship doesnt have that problem :stuck_out_tongue: And it all depends on the situation, in some it fires too often, in others not enough.

They have. And not firing at full frequency counters the ambush Effect doesnt it?

For the record: funkybacon is a guard pilot first and foremost. To him, any weapon that is a threat to a guard is an overpowered weapon regardless of circumstances. He used to rage at me for using singularity at 0.9.0 when he went for his shortlived T4 stint and kept soloing beacons while facetanking everything that flew his way, including my tackler’s bubbles. Back then he didn’t even try to evade them, because clearly guard shouldn’t need to.

He ragequit T4 for weeks after that shortly after those games. And apparently he’s back now that his guard is pretty much immortal unless he stumbles and kills himself with fall damage.

Therefore there’s little point in arguing with him on the topic of guards being brokenly overpowered against everything as they are right now. It’s very difficult to convince someone that they are maining an overpowered ship when that someone believes that their success is tied to not understanding this.

Personally I dropped my anti ECM stuff off completely because ECMs are not a threat in any reasonable way any more. It would be nice if there was an implant choice that would give me less weapon spread and less effect from guard modules instead. CO was demolished into suicide only ship a while ago, and mod reshuffle reinforced this change. Recon is still what it is, a bot spammer delivering healing reduction effect and occasionally helping against CO kamikazes in lower tier.

Long range on the other hand is damage god, guard is both damage and survival god, and engineer is supertanky healing god. Gunship is neutered but remains the more mobile version of damage frigates without the survivability, while other two fighters are stuck in niche roles and team can usually do just fine without them. Just stack frigates and maybe a gunship or two to catch those that get away from meatgrinder known as frigball.

Signed: can’t get maniac medals on my LFR because I have too many kills and too few assists. ARGH. Bad damage god LFR! Do less damage so I can get more assists!

Signed: can’t get maniac medals on my LFR because I have too many kills and too few assists. ARGH. Bad damage god LFR! Do less damage so I can get more assists!

If Jericho LRF then time between torps is too long to get assists with them. You need to troll with the main guns for assists.

Oh luckyo, you are so butthurt it is actualy sad. 

Guards are not my main ships, it is in fact my least used ship when it is in my setup.

I never quit T4 exept for 3 days to get my recon from T2 to T4. 

Guards are too slow to evade bubble from 1km…and the bubble in the past was severely OP.

If Jericho LRF then time between torps is too long to get assists with them. You need to troll with the main guns for assists.

I try, but 6 epic hails with horizon and guidance just tend to hit too hard at full charge. That and EM torps that I tend to use a lot to hit people at closer range juts one shot most stuff, or put it into EB which means I one shot them with uncharged positron shot in one second.

Teach me how to suck so I can get maniac medals!

Oh luckyo, you are so butthurt it is actualy sad. 

Guards are not my main ships, it is in fact my least used ship when it is in my setup.

I never quit T4 exept for 3 days to get my recon from T2 to T4. 

Guards are too slow to evade bubble from 1km…and the bubble in the past was severely OP.

As I said, it’s impossible to explain facts to someone who believes that it’s to their advantage not to understand them.

So whatever rocks your boat, including obvious denial. Your skill still goes up over nine thousand when guard frigs go immortal, and goes down over nine thousand when they’re normalized to balanced levels. That’s just the way you have been for the entire time I’ve known you. I find that unlikely to change any time soon.

You don’t know me, that is the problem.

If you actually knew me you would know better.

In that same light I could say you want your OP gunship back so you can get back to killing frigs in 3 seconds instead of actually having to apply skills.

And in the end, the main problem I have is that while I can still mass murder newbies on interceptors, and dominate average players like funkybacon, I still know that I’m a liability to the team when I’m flying an interceptor when I could have flown something else, and a massive boon when I’m flying LFR or guard. There are also spots where picking a gunship would make a correct choice, but in most cases guard or LFR is still both better and simply more universally effective choice.

Is that your definition of butthurt? Fact that I know that if I fly a ship that I enjoy the most, I’m a liability to the team because the ship is dysfunctional, and when I fly the ship I enjoy the least I am a huge asset to the team without even really trying because it’s so hilariously broken OP?

P.S. I know your flying style and I know how the explosion of your death looks like. Intimately. From many different angles and in all possible lighting schemes. That is good enough for me to say that I know you :good:

Teach me how to suck so I can get maniac medals!

I think we’d need to squad up and steal each other’s kills for that. :wink:

swap positron for lazors. easier assists.

And in the end, the main problem I have is that while I can still mass murder newbies on interceptors, and dominate average players like funkybacon, I still know that I’m a liability to the team when I’m flying an interceptor when I could have flown something else, and a massive boon when I’m flying LFR or guard. There are also spots where picking a gunship would make a correct choice, but in most cases guard or LFR is still both better and simply more universally effective choice.

Is that your definition of butthurt? Fact that I know that if I fly a ship that I enjoy the most, I’m a liability to the team because the ship is dysfunctional, and when I fly the ship I enjoy the least I am a huge asset to the team without even really trying because it’s so hilariously broken OP?

P.S. I know your flying style and I know how the explosion of your death looks like. Intimately. From many different angles and in all possible lighting schemes. That is good enough for me to say that I know you :good:

sure you do from those 3 battles we played against eachother in our entire SC life.

Oh well, you live in your close minded world and seemingly don’t want to leave it so I’ll leave you there. You are trying to apply “facts” from what? 2 months ago? Have fun in your past I suppose, since our battles you seem to still be stick in the past and I have moved on to greener pastures.