Star Conflict OBT v.0.9.6 Discussion

[Patch content](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/21337-star-conflict-obt-v096/)

Corporation logos too OP. Nerf them back please.

[…]

General changes

Corporations that participated in a special promo, can buy individual emblem designs  > i believe this needs more explanation

Weapons

Automatic weapon guidance is now 4 times weaker > wut? (it doesn’t refer to the spread decreasing passive module, does it?)

[…]

[…]

General changes

Corporations that participated in a special promo, can buy individual emblem designs  > i believe this needs more explanation

Weapons

Automatic weapon guidance is now 4 times weaker > wut? (it doesn’t refer to the spread decrease module does it?)

[…]

If you submitted your own custom logo, you can now purchase it.

And the weapons is referring to the heavy weapons that have some self-guidance as you get close to the aiming reticule. Has nothing to do with spread.

So nothing worth mentioning has been added, nor any broken mechanics have been fixed. I knew this patch was bogus…

I wonder about the automatic guidance, I think the heavy weapon guiding as well.(Or heavy blaster, it is the only  weapon with it now I believe)

The 1000-1500 iridium sounds kinda much, since this favors zerg corps with 150 members spamming battles, just like they can easily win sectors.

I will test out the new tutorial once I get home and then comment on it, hope they fixed the weird way it works right now, a gunship with plasma blaster and cloak is just weird.

And I hope you fixed most, or all, of the weird descriptions on the changed modules(Nukes/self destruct/adaptive shield)

@Oryngton, it may not be a patch with stuff you were looking for, but as long as they didn’t break anything and actually did good in what they changed, it is a good patch.

Keep calm & wait for servers

I wonder about the automatic guidance, I think the heavy weapon guiding as well.(Or heavy blaster, it is the only  weapon with it now I believe)

@Oryngton, it may not be a patch with stuff you were looking for, but as long as they didn’t break anything and actually did good in what they changed, it is a good patch.

Keep calm & wait for servers

I don’t even know what to say, at this point. It’s like they don’t care about their own game. They KNOW it’s broken, that’s what pisses me off even more.

And the automatic guidance also applies to Positron Cannons. Unsure on Plasma Guns and Ion Emitters, though…

I know that feel, but I’m trying to give the devs their time to make good decisions, they changes they made in the past were far from perfect, and were kinda terrible in a lot of situations because they changed every week and just applied randomly.

I really only ask that the devs stop stealth nerfing things, and bring FULL patchnotes. No “decreased by 20%” but “Changed from 100 to 80” for example, it would cost them slightly more time, but it really helps a lot for me since “Decreased by 20%” tells exactly jack xxxx to me.

@GM’s/Admins any word on ship tree & ship boost changes? There are a lot of ships without boosts or simply terrible boosts and was wondering if there is any intention on changing them before release.

Look on the bright side. Extrapolating from last patch, the new one could have been:

“Frigate health increased 100%. Fed interceptor health now 1/1, with empire getting 2/1 and jericho 1/2. Also removed all guns from interceptors and EB from game, and made frigates invulnerable to singularity and assault rails. Because frigates actually died once every five games or so and that was clearly a bug.”

Black humor. The only thing we have left in terms of balance really. Now if you’ll excuse me, I’ll go rip a few more anuses open with my LFR or guard after servers go back up because why wouldn’t I play the brokenly OP ships.

Luckyo stop being so butthurt, it doesn’t fit you.

Right now all ships can kill eachother, guards may be hard to kill for an inty, but that is his goddamn role! 

I have no problem at all killing everyone and everything I come across, or them killing me when I am under skilled or playing the wrong role.

My ECM can solo frigates, it all depends on your fitting, in a covert or recon I would have it even easier probaly. I’ll get my T4 recon today and test that in fact. 

T4 still underpopulated or run over by T5? Gathering cash for T4 gunship…

T4 is pretty good atm, sometimes you get 1 v 1 with a T5, but most of my matches are 12 v 12 (T3/)T4 battles

Though it all depends on population, sometimes you have bad population and it ends in a lot of 1 v 1 or 3 v 3 battles.

T4 is pretty good atm, sometimes you get 1 v 1 with a T5, but most of my matches are 12 v 12 (T3/)T4 battles

Though it all depends on population, sometimes you have bad population and it ends in a lot of 1 v 1 or 3 v 3 battles.

See, this is the problem. You get matches WITH T3 ships. While you’re in T4. As a T4 pilot, you don’t care, it’s free game, time to abuse the broken system. As a T3 pilot… it’s frustrating.

Still, Luckyo has a valid Point. 

Interceptors are way to weak in terms of survival. 

Yea, you can solo any ship with any other ship, but you never get “real” 1v1 conditions. 

On the other Side, i just stopped playing all interceptors which cant fit an EMB and/or are not energy-sufficient. Playing those is just pure masochism. 

If you do so, prepare for a lot 1-shot-deaths. 

Self-sufficent builds are still doable on very few Inties, which, in fact, shine above the mass of crapceptors. 

On the other hand a mob of Frigates is still not beatable. The old Frigball mechanics work again since the bubble gun was nerfed too hard. 

All in all: Thanks for the Logos, they will look fancy and the flyby sounds of singularity.

But this is nothing meaningful. Balance and shiplayouts are still broken and a real and new incentive for the players or socializing in corps isnt given. 

This complains are mostly from veteran players which play in corps. You cant expect us to have many good things to say if you screw the squadsize, screw our builds, and screw our playstyles and screw our survivability (this includes EHP differences, Energy-lacks, missing condensator slots etc.)  especially on inties and fighters.

Give your vet players something to do. T5 is all shiny and new but I see barely PPL playing it due to the long wait. 

This includes also not to dumb that game down even more. I really dont know, is the regular consumer that stupid that he cant think of builds? Is it too much for them to hit that big “?” in the upper right corner. Cant we expect them to read a few sentences? 

In that case you might consider to do a voice-over for the tutorials since some PPL seem to avoid Text like Vampires avoid Garlic. 

Still, Luckyo has a valid Point. 

Interceptors are way to weak in terms of survival. 

Yea, you can solo any ship with any other ship, but you never get “real” 1v1 conditions. 

On the other Side, i just stopped playing all interceptors which cant fit an EMB and/or are not energy-sufficient. Playing those is just pure masochism. 

If you do so, prepare for a lot 1-shot-deaths. 

Self-sufficent builds are still doable on very few Inties, which, in fact, shine above the mass of crapceptors. 

On the other hand a mob of Frigates is still not beatable. The old Frigball mechanics work again since the bubble gun was nerfed too hard. 

But this is nothing meaningful. Balance and shiplayouts are still broken and a real and new incentive for the players or socializing in corps isnt given. 

This complains are mostly from veteran players which play in corps. You cant expect us to have many good things to say if you screw the squadsize, screw our builds, and screw our playstyles and screw our survivability (this includes EHP differences, Energy-lacks, missing condensator slots etc.)  especially on inties and fighters.

The energy stability is a problem I agree, each ship should have atleast 1 energy slot, and the increased capacitor from shield slot should be a regen increase.

And inties had speed above tank, but too many ships now got too much speed so they lost that ability.

Singularity was OP, and you know it. And killing frigates is really quite easy against a lot of people

You fly together with people, and you have a higher chance to win battles. What more incentitive do you want?

In squads :stuck_out_tongue: I am in a corp but rarely in a squad(I am trying to improve that…)

In squads :stuck_out_tongue: I am in a corp but rarely in a squad(I am trying to improve that…)

You lying little binge.

1 week to go, just 1. I’ll be there soon.

Singularity was OP, and you know it. And killing frigates is really quite easy against a lot of people I dont want the VERY old Bubblegun back, but the last nerf was its deathstrike.

You fly together with people, and you have a higher chance to win battles. What more incentitive do you want? Old squadsize or corp-wars for starters? 

In squads :stuck_out_tongue: I am in a corp but rarely in a squad(I am trying to improve that…) Your fault if you dont do it.  :stuck_out_tongue:

I suppose this is a minor content patch to keep people happy while the devs finish off the balance patch for the most recent overhaul?

Also can’t help suspecting the ridiculous iridium sink (to put it in perspective a third to half of your corp’s iridium bank) is related to dreadnoughts potentially close arrival and the fact that several corps have already capped or are close to capping their iridium before it even comes out. 

Either way, I hope a balancing patch is due soon. Starting with; certain interceptors being unable to equip EM barriers is just bad imo - I’m not going to play Eagle until it gets one.

Empire interceptors are just too slow and if you try to compensate you become extremely squishy very fast. 

Interceptors, energy in general.

As you can probably tell I’ve been playing interceptor a lot this week… Some are good, some really suck. 

the bubble is still quite deadly, especially as an ambush weapon or against close range fighters/interceptors.

I don’t use it outside PVE, since I like assault railguns more on my gunship for PVP.

4 man squads were too powerful, they really were

I blame the corp for not being T5 yet >:(