Star Conflict OBT v.0.9.5 Discussion

[Patch content](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/21282-star-conflict-obt-v095/)

I like the change to Nukes / Self Destruct (reducing their damage was needed), though we’ll have to see how the radioactive clouds play out.

I like the change to Nukes / Self Destruct (reducing their damage was needed), though we’ll have to see how the radioactive clouds play out.

75% of all captains will still sit in the cloud even as it does damage to them.

Also, nuclear winter was the best week of this game, ever. So sad to see what nukes have become.

And what is the effect of the radioactive cloud?

Tbh. Its a letdown, that you didnt buff interceptors in T4/T5 in any way. They are very weak there. 

What you are about to read is the sheer frustration of an angered paying costumer… vanishing. Thank you.

Ships

Premium Т1 ships reintroduced

Hello, my pretties. God, I love these ships. Thank you for putting them back again.

Weapons
Modules increasing rate of fire now also increase heating speed

This was one of the most annoying things. A Gunship fitted for RoF would just fire their Assault Rails around 20 times before they’d overheat, contrary to the regular 14-ish… That was one massive dps boost. Let’s hope this fixes it.

Self-Destruct

Now leaves a radioactive cloud in place of the ship

Cloud persists for 10 seconds

Cloud radius 300 m

Explosion damage from the module is now twice as weak

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou! Finally, a smart change to a broken mechanic!

ODG «Chameleon» : cooldown time reduced by 15%

Diffusion Shield : damage absorption now consumes 20% more energy

Tacklers are now more stealthy and Commands are now less broken. Most excellent.

Ammunition
Piercing Missiles : mobility reduced by 18%
Standard Missiles : mobility reduced by 18%
Ion-Beam Warhead Missiles : mobility reduced by 18%
Cruise Missiles : mobility reduced by 25%
Slowing Field Missiles : mobility reduced by 25%
Octopus : mobility reduced by 20%

Mobility? As in range and turn radius?

Torpedoes : detonation sensitivity radius reduced by half

I’m hoping this is for the EM Torpedo and not for the Jericho Torpedo. Still a possible good change seeing as EM Torps were relatively overpowered.

Tactical Warhead :

Explosion now leaves a radioactive cloud

Cloud radius 300 m

Explosion damage reduced by 40%

Ok, so now we know both the nuke and the SD had the same explosion mechanic. This new “radioactivity” mechanic seems to be interesting. Will it affect friendly ships, as well? Otherwise, it might be rather OP…

Equipment

Added context menu for available items.

The menu can be opened by right-clicking the module

If the item is not owned - “Buy”

If the item is owned - “Equip”, “Sell”

If the item is equipped - “Remove”, “Sell” (ammunition can only be “Removed”)

You can now see the total number of modules in your warehouse without opening the list

One thing I see wrong about this is us not being able to sell missiles and weapon modifiers we don’t want. This I disagree with, but more options with a click of a button is a good thing.

Graphics
Improved Ice Reef effects

Be careful where you go with this on this particular map. Otherwise, you’ll get an early WoW WotLK Dragonblight area that caused all sorts of seizures to epileptic people.

Bug fixes

Fixed a bug with no limit on active Sentry drones
Fixed a bug with firing an Assault Railgun at point blank
Fixed a rare bug with incorrect “killed by” pilot
Fixed incorrect heating mechanics of laser weapons under Overdrive

• Let’s be realistic, each time the Sentry Drone was re-deployed, the old one would vanish. This must’ve been a rare bug, indeed. Unless you mean the Engineer Attack Drones. I REALLY hope you stop the Droneswarm that’s been constantly abused in PvP.

• And any other weapon fired at <100 metres. They just go apes*** on the direction.

• Does this include “friendly fire” from gate travel crashes?

• Ah, excellent, this is finally fixed. Was kinda tired of seeing this and I’ll admit I was abusing it, as well. It’s good that it’s been fixed.

In short: I LIKE IT!

*double post*

Possibly something similar to the small “suns” we see on a few maps, a little DoT if you get too close to it.

*double post*

Possibly something similar to the small “suns” we see on a few maps, a little DoT if you get too close to it.

I think the radioactive cloud is the same one caused by one of the missile launchers in the Hidden Maintenance Shop mission. I’ll still have to see it for myself, though.

Everything sounds good :slight_smile:

Ory missile mobility should refer only to turn speeds i believe.

Tactical Warhead :

Explosion now leaves a radioactive cloud

Cloud radius 300 m

Explosion damage reduced by 40%

I think what they meant is that the nuke still does 60% explosive dmg to begin with, and it will continue doing dmg to you if you stay in it

_ Weapons
Modules increasing rate of fire now also increase heating speed_

if this also applies to the overdrive, the gunships are back to being useless

_ Diffusion Shield : damage absorption now consumes 20% more energy_

So you will need more an more energy to tank something. Command can’t survive at anything now.

About empire line, we have now

• gunship line: useless

• LRF line: jericho is just better

• command: nice meat for enemy

• Engy: good till t3/t4, Naga tanks less then Styx…

Starting to be a bit tired of this game totally changing every week…

1. agree, gunship will take a massive hit to dps

2. agree, empire LRF is useless

3. 20% increase in energy consumption is a resonable nerf

4. empire still have the best engy

Mobility? As in range and turn radius?

I’m hoping this is for the EM Torpedo and not for the Jericho Torpedo. Still a possible good change seeing as EM Torps were relatively overpowered.

Ok, so now we know both the nuke and the SD had the same explosion mechanic. This new “radioactivity” mechanic seems to be interesting. Will it affect friendly ships, as well? Otherwise, it might be rather OP…

• Let’s be realistic, each time the Sentry Drone was re-deployed, the old one would vanish. This must’ve been a rare bug, indeed. Unless you mean the Engineer Attack Drones. I REALLY hope you stop the Droneswarm that’s been constantly abused in PvP.

Only turn speed

Jericho torpedo, but that is not range of torpedo itself - it is the range of its locking system - this should give players more time to get away from it.

It damages all - allies and foes.

This should fix Engineer Attack Drones spam problem.

Premium Т1 ships reintroduced

Hello, my pretties. God, I love these ships. Thank you for putting them back again.

assuming this means they’ll bring back a second weapon choice, otherwise i still don’t see the point in T1 prems except a GS-sink.

Modules increasing rate of fire now also increase heating speed

This was one of the most annoying things. A Gunship fitted for RoF would just fire their Assault Rails around 20 times before they’d overheat, contrary to the regular 14-ish… That was one massive dps boost. Let’s hope this fixes it.

why even spend GS on something? :\ 3/4 of my purples got nerfbatted… but yea, gunships are just broken with some fits. i don’t think heating from overdrive works in this example though.

plus, heating bug needs a fix. holding mouse button increases heat with no projectiles fired.

ODG «Chameleon» : cooldown time reduced by 15%

Diffusion Shield : damage absorption now consumes 20% more energy

Tacklers are now more stealthy and Commands are now less broken. Most excellent.

lol commands. now they can absorb a whole 10-12k with diff. pretty laughable considering how much survivability and other options they have to give up to get it. try to put some survivability on it and you’re down to 7-8k i’d image. in any case, both can easily be popped with 2 crits from a singularity, or even focus fire for 2 seconds from 2 enemies… and then you’re just a floating target. ;p

Torpedoes : detonation sensitivity radius reduced by half

it probably is… however… this is the wrong change… now EM torps will be useless and everyone will use octopii/mines… you won’t even be able to hit frigs with them now, since they’re too slow and easy to dodge, plus point blank still counts, you just won’t be able to hit anything past 500m with them… sounds ridiculous ;\

1. agree, empire LRF is useless

2. 20% increase in energy consumption is a resonable nerf

1. empire LRF is not useless… DPS is comparable to gunship singularity but at long range :\

2. command is busted… slots don’t match… expected to energy tank, and pop otherwise… overspecialize and you breed in weakness… tissue paper!

Self-Destruct Now leaves a radioactive cloud in place of the ship

Tactical Warhead : Explosion now leaves a radioactive cloud

Piercing Missiles : mobility reduced by 18%

fine, fine, those 2 needed fixes.

inty > fighter > frigate > inty :\ not really a good combination since inties are so much faster than frigates… but i think that’s the direction this is all headed… ready, set, fail…

On the paper this update seems to be a good way for balance.

Now command ship 's pilots have to manage their move, cover, and have to stay close engineers, a just return to their role.

Tacklers have a nice boost to survive xD

And the covops nerf: radiation cloud and twice damage is a good idea ! Keeping the use and cut the OP

question about sector conquest :

a way to open it for smalls corporations ?

Only few olds pilots can take them, but all your new players can’t participate to this competition…

Nice update imo

Thank you devs ! :smiley:

question about sector conquest :

a way to open it for smalls corporations ?

Only few olds pilots can take them, but all your new players can’t participate to this competition…

erm, this *IS* the current mechanic -.-

On paper it seems like a good update. 

I hope contract changes are for the better :smiley:

if this also applies to the overdrive, the gunships are back to being useless

So you will need more an more energy to tank something. Command can’t survive at anything now.

About empire line, we have now

Starting to be a bit tired of this game totally changing every week…

Overdrive is an entirely different mechanic as it has nothing to do with overheat, but the fixes do affect it, obviously, you just reach overheat that much sooner. And Gunships were NEVER useless. In fact, they were always very powerful… You just need to be careful with yourself, as always.

Commands, in their current state, are still overpowered. I can, quite easily, still tank 3-4 targets under constant fire and still escape mostly unharmed. Let’s see if these changes do fix this overactive immunity.

• Gunship line: Still far better than the respective Federate line and still one of the best damage dealing ships.

• LRF line: both factions have their niche. Imperials excel at nuking Ceptors and Frigates, whereas the Jericho line is more for pin-point accuracy amidst… “fuller” maps, let’s call it that, like Ice Reef and Asteroid Field.

• Command: nice Support for the front lines. Learn to fly it and you’ll outlive everyone else.

• Engineer: Federation holds the main lines for these ships, I still fail to see WHY Empire should have better ones, though they do fill an entirely different role…

Jericho torpedo, but that is not range of torpedo itself - it is the range of its locking system - this should give players more time to get away from it.

It damages all - allies and foes.

So, the “Incoming Missile” warning is only audible when the Torpedo is relatively closer. Relatively more dangerous and not necessarily a needed change, you just made them more powerful.

What about the EM Torpedo? Is there still no warning for it?

still nothing about crosshairs/ retickle pleese fix it, i play this on a 50" screen and when the shite gets hot with explotions i lose sight of my aim…FIX IT PLS been yelling this since day one!

still no extre trust when u hit boost… but if i see my ship from another cocpit ( the cpu next to this) the trusters do get bigger!? a bug u have had for a looong time…and the loot…still no epix no nothing since u change it…

So, the “Incoming Missile” warning is only audible when the Torpedo is relatively closer. Relatively more dangerous and not necessarily a needed change, you just made them more powerful.

What about the EM Torpedo? Is there still no warning for it?

Antibus, some clarification please on the Jericho Guided Torpedo.

With this change what will exactly happen?

Is the explosion radius reduced?

Is the missile warning range reduced?

Is the turn rate reduced like the other missiles?

Antibus, some clarification please on the Jericho Guided Torpedo.

With this change what will exactly happen?

Is the explosion radius reduced?

Is the missile warning range reduced?

Is the turn rate reduced like the other missiles?

Missile Warning Range on the Torpedo. I’m still waiting for an answer on the EM Torpedo, considering it still has NO warning of any kind.