Star Conflict OBT v.0.9.5 Discussion

Indirect buffs to Federation that affects mainly lower tiers. T4 and up Feds are still weak without a change in base stat numbers.

a nice quiet patch week. 

Only turn speed

Then it’s broken. In game the turn speed for these is unchanged. Instead the flight speed for all of them is 66% of that of the normal missiles. Examples:

bSVzuZa.jpg 4LbVNOJ.jpg

Looking like a good patch otherwise, but have yet to try it out.

Missile Warning Range on the Torpedo. I’m still waiting for an answer on the EM Torpedo, considering it still has NO warning of any kind.

“Jericho torpedo, but that is not range of torpedo itself - it is the range of its locking system - this should give players more time to get away from it.”

It wouldn’t give players more time to get away from it if the warning came later no? So I don’t think that it changes that.

Snib, can you show us the jericho torp?

Commands, in their current state, are still overpowered. I can, quite easily, still tank 3-4 targets under constant fire and still escape mostly unharmed. Let’s see if these changes do fix this overactive immunity.

funny, considering i can down one every time as any of the 3 interceptors, or as a fighter with a bubblegun/assault. no problem on frigs either. a single torp will kill them in most cases before thy have a chance to raise diff shield (plus an additional 1-2 shots, but they’re usually already missing some health) :smiley: commands OP… lmao… ;p

unless you mean command with bubblegun… in which case, your problem is the latter…

Snib, can you show us the jericho torp?

Was nothing changed about that.

I fly KatS with bubblegun and it’s a monster. Not saying OP, but above many many ships.

I fly KatS with bubblegun and it’s a monster. Not saying OP, but above many many ships.

It’s the man, not the machine. I eat a bubble gun Kat S for breakfast with an inty but I’ll go maniac with a bubble gun Kat S…

Fixed a bug with no limit on active Sentry drones

What’s missing: Engineer attack drones are now limited to the curious number of 3.

What’s missing: Engineer attack drones are now limited to the curious number of 3.

So, there are 2 drones in a cartridge, and you can spawn 3? or 3/3?

Still 2 per cartridge, you can spawn those plus 1 from the next.

Then it’s broken. In game the turn speed for these is unchanged. Instead the flight speed for all of them is 66% of that of the normal missiles. Examples:

bSVzuZa.jpg 4LbVNOJ.jpg

Star Conflict OBT v.0.9.5

Ships

Premium Т1 ships reintroduced

Wait. Why would you spend money in this game when Premium ships are still broken?

Modules

Self-Destruct

Now leaves a radioactive cloud in place of the ship

Cloud persists for 10 seconds

Cloud radius 300 m

Explosion damage from the module is now twice as weak

This comes as surprise. But can be abused if everyone decides to self destruct…

I have a question about the cloud. What type of damage does it deal? Thermal/Em/Kinetic on shields or does it affect hull only. Having it affect hull would be more realistic as radiation can go right through shields. 

Ammunition

Piercing Missiles : mobility reduced by 18%

Standard Missiles : mobility reduced by 18%

Ion-Beam Warhead Missiles : mobility reduced by 18%

Cruise Missiles : mobility reduced by 25%

Slowing Field Missiles : mobility reduced by 25%

Octopus : mobility reduced by 20%

Small Missiles : damage reduced by 10%

Torpedoes : detonation sensitivity radius reduced by half

Tactical Warhead :

Explosion now leaves a radioactive cloud

Cloud persists for 10 seconds

Cloud radius 300 m

Explosion damage reduced by 40%

So now the speed and turning radius of the missiles are decreased. It will not effect unguided missiles as I’m about 1000 meters away from my target at any given moment. But this change will suggest more up close and personal combat. 

Still 2 per cartridge, you can spawn those plus 1 from the next.

Still good.

JP, there are no shields of the kind IRL xD

bSVzuZa.jpg 4LbVNOJ.jpg

looks like a buff instead of a nerf in which case … rawr?

looks like a buff instead of a nerf in which case … rawr?

What was buffed? Everything is pretty much unchanged actually.

Bubblegun… I ain’t touching that thing with a 50foot pole even if it was under a GS pile the size of the galaxy. It’s still a broken weapon.

Still good.

Still borked, you mean.

For all the grief nukes and self-destruct causes, I feel this was a bit too much.

And as a Fighter pilot with a Gunship and a Command ship in my current loadout, I feel like I’ve been robbed.

Overcharge is now broken up awkwardly by the heat management(I figure it’s even worse if you don’t run a gauss like I do), and the Difusion shield is now much less viable as a primary source of damage mitigation.

So basically some good stuff for balance, but no tweak on ship module distributions … Good patch, but hope the next one will address the module distribution issue.

4 men squads  :sad:

4 men squads  :sad:

+1 …