Star Conflict OBT v.0.9.4 Discussion

I’m actually surprised this is still on the first page…

Not really, I for one am withholding my comments until I can actually play around with the new module setups. Seeing it in a list makes it a bit hard for me to visualize the actual impact. I guess other are doing the same. 

Not really, I for one am withholding my comments until I can actually play around with the new module setups. Seeing it in a list makes it a bit hard for me to visualize the actual impact. I guess other are doing the same. 

Yeah, same, I guess… Just to see how big the nerf on survivability really is…

bleh maybe i read that wrong

damn patch notes, always so ambiguous and cryptic ;\

Hull modifiers

Improved pylons - rarely used before, will continue to stay rare

Capacitor Modifier

Emergency Barrier - Low synergy interceptor nerf

These 2 should swap places. Pylons on capacitor. Emergency Barrier on Hulls.

CPU Modifiers

Electronic Guidance

Target Tracking Coprocessor - I don’t see the wisdom in 2 identical modules being on the same slot?

Alternatively - Pylons and either one of the CPU modifier above would be better off being put in Engine slot

Galvanized Armor  is now available at rank 9

• Good one assuming Matchmaker does not change

Target Tracking Coprocessor  is now available at rank 12

• Rank 9 would’ve been better

Shield Projection Splitter  now also reduces ship acceleration

• Interceptor nerf … what is the reason ?

Adaptive Shield  now affects hull and shields, but only when moving at a speed exceeding the base value by at least 50 %

• Good mechanic. More like this in the future please.

Target Tracking Coprocessor  now increases critical damage bonus

• Sniper ships are nerfed. Too much close range battle is not always good. Sniper ships help with balance too you know.

Auxiliary Generator  now increases ship speed but also increases energy consumption

• nice. hopefully base speeds of lower ranked / synergy ships are tweaked to compensate

Audio

Improved English-language voices

• Any chance we can get the female ship voice with Russian accent ?

Ivana Milicevic

Interesting changes overall. looking forward to this.

well, at least one thing is certain:

i have a couple million in useless mods… again…

adaptive shield is now useless in most situations… it’ll only work when afterburning forwards, which means useless in combat…

proj splitter on the other hand will make it even harder to dodge on guard/engi than it already is…

so basically frigate nerf, hardcore…

which is kinda dumb considering even an ECM can shred a 75k ehp guard… you’ll be dead before the disables wear off… or a covert…

now you wanna nerf frigs more instead of fixing EM torps…

WHAT THE…

which is kinda dumb considering even an ECM can shred a 75k ehp guard… you’ll be dead before the disables wear off… or a covert…

instead of fixing EM torps…

Let’s take your accusations here:

75k ehp guard dieing to an ECM before his disables wear off? lolwut…Try fighting any PROPER pilot in a guard and you’ll find you can hardly damage him at all, and wll most likely end up dead yourself.

Not to mention, before the disables wear off? They are gone within 10 seconds total, if you die to a single ECM in that time, then you don’t have 75k EHP

Also, you hate on the frigate nerf, yet you want EM torps nerfed…logic?

energy absorber is a disable… it’ll keep you at zero energy. can’t use any of your actives/phase shield, pretty much useless guard. if you’re already out of torps, no chance.

even if you do use a torp after they’ve already almost got you in hull, you’ll drop yourself to 25% hull, and prob not even drop their barrier.

2500+ dps with missiles on a T3 ecm. and you can get that higher to 3000+. thats 30k damage in 10 secs of diables, another 30k for 10 sec of energy absorber. 60k.

problem is, you don’t have 200 resist for 2 damage types, so if their missiles are of a different type than main gun, you don’t have 75k ehp… more like 60k or less…

and if you don’t have time to switch your phase before you get disabled, and they just randomly happen to have one of the other 2 damage types, or both, then you honestly only have 50k ehp or less… basically dead in 15 secs instead of 20.

you can’t even use emerg shield boost due to energy absorber… which disables most units cuz it drains some 200+ energy per second.

50% of speed, is also for straffing speed ?

energy absorber is a disable… it’ll keep you at zero energy. can’t use any of your actives/phase shield, pretty much useless guard. if you’re already out of torps, no chance.

even if you do use a torp after they’ve already almost got you in hull, you’ll drop yourself to 25% hull, and prob not even drop their barrier.

2500+ dps with missiles on a T3 ecm. and you can get that higher to 3000+. thats 30k damage in 10 secs of diables, another 30k for 10 sec of energy absorber. 60k.

problem is, you don’t have 200 resist for 2 damage types, so if their missiles are of a different type than main gun, you don’t have 75k ehp… more like 60k or less…

and if you don’t have time to switch your phase before you get disabled, and they just randomly happen to have one of the other 2 damage types, or both, then you honestly only have 50k ehp or less… basically dead in 15 secs instead of 20.

you can’t even use emerg shield boost due to energy absorber… which disables most units cuz it drains some 200+ energy per second.

I would love to fight against your ECM in my T4 R12 guard…I wouldn’t be surprised if I outlived your disables.

Guards are very tanky by nature, and proper guard pilots simply won’t go down in 10 seconds to an inty.(Unless it’s CO, those might just do it)

Oh well, contact me in game or through PM. I will stop responding to you henceforth in threads.

Servers are up, you can go on and check it all out!

thank you

Why am I still at school!  :angry:

Oh well, don’t spoil too much of the new stuff for me :wink:

nice !

Damn, now you have to make some really tough choices.

Modules change is fine I guess but no refund on obsolete ones ? Wow…

Just looking at my Swarm:

• Shrapnel spread is 4-8 deg now and no slot to fit electronic guidance.

• Afterburner energy use was increased but no slot to fit energy boosting modules.

• with three hull slots my survivability increased by over 30% with my initial fit.

Don’t have time to look at other ships right now let alone play (I don’t have the credits to refit them anyway), but on first sight I’m a sad panda.

PS: Also was unable to find that sensei sticker anywhere.

ooh yeah !! lol

I hope you know all that changes make differences in your game guys xD

So I have to farm for buying modules xD…

Weeeeellll :stuck_out_tongue:

And don’t take me wrong i totally like it but … don’t you thik it’0s time for a total ECM restyle? I mean now people can score 93% controlling effect reduction… and if on the one hand i really like it (i never liked stasys!) … on the other hand why should someone keep flying ecm? ::smiley:

Adaptive Shield  now affects hull and shields, but only when moving at a speed exceeding the base value by at least 50 %

0kaDttw.jpg

Passive Armour and Submatter Shields also had their penalties changed

and hmmmmmm …

XlZduHf.jpg

Weeeeellll :stuck_out_tongue:

And don’t take me wrong i totally like it but … don’t you thik it’0s time for a total ECM restyle? I mean now people can score 93% controlling effect reduction… and if on the one hand i really like it (i never liked stasys!) … on the other hand why should someone keep flying ecm? ::smiley:

Atleast now they can’t whine anymore about ECM’s.

It’s a trade of for sure, but they shouldn’t whine anymore…

I always hated them more than stasis :stuck_out_tongue: Not saying I agreed with ECM abilities(Which got fixed by a duration nerf), but the whiners were more annoying :stuck_out_tongue: