Star Conflict OBT v.0.9.3 Discussion

[Patch content](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/21143-star-conflict-obt-v093/)

Can you explain that “Primary” and “Intermediate” queue thing a little better? Do we get to choose which we use?

No, which que you are going to be in is calculated by your rank and performance.

78209df40193c845398b72c87522.jpg

like normal, NOTHING NEW, 

only matchmaking was the good thing, u guys sit fixing on small things meanwhile we wait for bigger things like new weapons, dreadnoughts, extended sector battle. and so on, all you give us is adjustments,

Hmmm. any change to the mm system in attempt to improve it is welcomed in my book. Im not gonna lie though those 3 PvE missions get pretty old pretty quick. I expected a lot more. 

like normal, NOTHING NEW, 

only matchmaking was the good thing, u guys sit fixing on small things meanwhile we wait for bigger things like new weapons, dreadnoughts, extended sector battle. and so on, all you give us is adjustments,

As we have mentioned before, development process takes time. There are going to be some interesting changes in the future, please be patient. 

As we have mentioned before, development process takes time. There are going to be some interesting changes in the future, please be patient. 

Mention one other game that has been on steam and been in BETA mode for 1 year, would you :slight_smile: actually over 1 year. do that. its not me thats slow here.

So they buffed the real-money costing ammo.Hopefully it doesnt become too OP like in WOT,or if it is they make an option to buy it with credits so we can at least compete.

Mention one other game that has been on steam and been in BETA mode for 1 year, would you :slight_smile: actually over 1 year. do that. its not me thats slow here.

Well if you dont like it, go play another game ?

So much negativity without even knowing what effects the changes may have that are being implemented (Agreed it doesn’t sound alot though)

Have you noticed our game’s version is moving to 1.0? We are moving to relase, it may not be as fast as some of the players would prefer, but as it was mentioned numerous times before - developement and balancing process takes time, but our team is doing its utmost to make a great game!

So, if I’m reading this right, it seems that if you’re R7/R8 T3, you won’t be facing T4 ships anymore? Am I correct ? If so, this is good news.

And how exactly is “Rating” calculated? All this system looks like to me is an excuse to abuse the ratings and not have fun in order to get 1-2 balanced matches, then rinse and repeat once mixed tiers kicks in because you won a match.

So they buffed the real-money costing ammo.Hopefully it doesnt become too OP like in WOT,or if it is they make an option to buy it with credits so we can at least compete.

Please, be more attentive to the text, it says:

Premium ammunition clips (for weapons and missiles) generate twice the amount of synergy

Both for killing enemies and damage assists

There were no improvements made to their power - only to the amount of synergy they help you to get.

And how exactly is “Rating” calculated? All this system looks like to me is an excuse to abuse the ratings and not have fun in order to get 1-2 balanced matches, then rinse and repeat once mixed tiers kicks in because you won a match.

Please, look at the spoiler in my previous reply. 

Yeah, I did. It’s not very clear; the only rank that seems guaranteed to get a proper match is Rank 1; every other is apparently crossing a tier below or a tier above.

Maybe it was just a mistake in the layout of the chart, but even so it is a vague, nebulous thing. How does the game decide which queue you should go in? How does it calculate your rank?

In simple terms, I never, under any circumstances want to be in the intermediary queue. I want my tier to be chosen by the highest rank ship I’m flying. 1-3, T1. 4-6, T2. 7-9, T3. 10-12, T4. 13-15, T5.

I shouldn’t have to drop back down to using Rank 4 ships whenever I want a Tier 2 match because it keeps putting my Rank 6 Tier 2 ships in Tier 3 matches, or fly R7 to get a T3 match (which are terrible ships by the way) because my R9s are being thrown in with R12 T4 opponents.

The chart suggests that if you play badly and scrub your own score, it’ll push you down into the Primary queue and you’ll get proper matches. That’s not a good thing; games should never be encouraging people to abuse matchmaking mechanics.

Yeah, I did. 

How about those pilots who just bought a new ship or cannot play as well as ‘veterans’ do?

well, considering there’s not much of anything in there, and no actual responses from devs on the issues we’re asking for… and my refund cut-off date being in 3 days… you’re making this very difficult. in fact, way more difficult than it needs to be…

because my R9s are being thrown in with R12 T4 opponents.

The chart suggests

the charts are hard to read…

in fact you won’t get a r12 in a r9 match, since r12 cannot be matched below a tier.

r8-9 are only in queues 5/6, r12 only in 7/8.

for r7s, you won’t get anything above an r9. low ranked r10, sorry. according to them charts. arrr.

How about those pilots who just bought a new ship or cannot play as well as ‘veterans’ do?

Two queues per tier would fix that. Low rank pilots go in Queue A, high rank in Queue B. If Queue A won’t launch after, say, 2 minutes then give a prompt saying “would you like to be put into Queue B?”.

Also, if ships within a tier were properly balanced, this wouldn’t be so much of an issue. The reason the new guys can’t play as well isn’t just personal skill, it’s the fact you hamstring them with utterly crap ships. Take T3: Rank 8 and 9 are almost identical, save for a single passive module slot. That’s not a big deal really; you can still make yourself felt without that. But Rank 7s? They are missing that third passive and the CPU slot. That slot is one of the main ways to protect yourself vs ECM abuse, or to push your critical damage as high as it’ll go.

T2 has the same problems. Your first T2 ship is a Rank 3 with T2 gear equipped. Your first T3 ship is a Rank 6 with T3 gear equipped. Overall, you’re better off staying with the rank below; they’ll have better modules, higher synergy and will generally do better.

That is your biggest issue. You need to buff Rank 4 and Rank 7, then you can stop mixing tiers. If people still complain about being torn apart by veterans they have two choices; they can stay in the tier where they are doing well, or they can find someone to teach them how to fly in the tier they are struggling with.

I get pissed off being thrown against higher tiers because they have access to gear and abilities I don’t. I don’t like the idea of being shunted down tiers for a similar reason. I pick my tiers because I want a specific style of gameplay that the tier in question offers. I can’t get that if you muddy the water.

First rank of a tier does not join an intermediate queue with the next tier.

according to the chart, this is incorrect, since r7 will be queued with r10 and r10 with r13. oops, and r4 with r7.