Star Conflict OBT v.0.9.2 Discussion

[Patch content](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/21081-star-conflict-obt-v092/)

gota love how the ship list is all fucked up XD

Nerfhammer on ECM…

Well I heard many Players complaining about them and it seemed they have taken the place of CovOps since 9.0.

Im not happy about that, but OK, lets see…

Which ships have now more/less max speed? Would be interesting to know. for me it feels that the game got way slower with 9.0

Increased Synergy for Beacon Capture?! NEAT!!

I have no friends, so Invite cant happen. 

and btw 4h to apply a small patch?

So are you guys still banging heads over there on Premium and Synergy concerns? Seems like you were listening to some things I guess. ECM seemed to be coming, and yay for permanent repaint changes? We’ll see how much you intend to gouge us for.

WHAT?! 

Stickers now permanently? And ALL ships can be painted?!

You really should advertise good news better in the patchnotes! (Its under Hangar now, but should be its own category).

And I really hope we have a silver option on the paints. I give you my money next month. 

wow i didnt realise about sticker and paint either thats something great! make me want to buy gold lol

The Styx buff concerns me unless something was spelled wrong in that messed up list.

Overall (very) good patch. Finally!

PS: Silent Fox speed reduction… i don’t like that. R7 paper thin ship and speed is it’s only real defense. Not to mention the immense amounts of T4 ships it has to face every time.

Looks like almost every ship across the board had shields and hull reduced besides Federation interceptors and LRF who received an increase.

Guards received a speed increase…which personally was kinda needed.   

Also a dps nerf to ships with the %10 Main Weapon Dmg bonus…they were all reduced by 3%.

ECM got the nerfbat with both module strength and duration being massively reduced. 

Also something I’ve been looking forward to:

Hangar
Equipment

Added context menu for ship slots

you can use it to sell or remove modules

use the right mouse button to open the menu

Improved Equipment interface

Ships of all ranks can now be repainted

Stickers and colours can now be applied permanently

Hopefully we’ll be able to equip modules straight from other ships without having to first unequip them.

Hercules

Hull strength reduced by 3,9%

Shield strength reduced by 1,5%

Gunship

Hercules should be in the gunship tree, not above it in the recon tree.

Zealot

Maximum speed increased by 12,5%

Hull strength increased by 9,1%

Shield strength increased by 14,4%

Zealot AE

Hull strength increased by 9%

Shield strength increased by 14,4%

Neuron Zealot

Hull strength increased by 8,9%

Shield strength increased by 13,9%

Palom

Hull strength increased by 9%

Shield strength increased by 15,8%

Templar type S

Hull strength increased by 8,7%

Shield strength increased by 13,9%

Those are guards, not engineers.(Or some might be LRF, not sure, but I believe they are guards)

Weapons
Pulse Laser : Damage increased by 5%
Gauss Cannon : Damage reduced by 5%

I think this is good from the info of what I heard.(Haven’t played since last week when I lost hope that good things would happen)

Modules
Energy Absorber

Effect strength reduced by 54%

Duration reduced by:

Mk.II - by 7%

Military - by 16,2%

Mk.III/Premium — by 17,5%

Experimental — by 25%

Stasis Generator

Duration reduced by 16,5% on average

Ion Emitter

Duration reduced by 20% on average

Weapon System Inhibitor

Cooldown time reduced by 90%

Energy consumption reduced by 8% on average

Effect strength increased by 25% on average

Ammunition
Torpedo : Explosion radius increased by 20%

This is kinda a harsh nerf to ECM…Not only did you reduce their Effective Hitpoints by a bit, but you also nerfed their modules quite harshly…

I think a lower decrease would have been better at first, but whatever.

The weapon system inhibitor will still be useless I think.

And torpedo change…seriously?! Do you guys have ANY idea of how powerful the torpedo already is?! The torpedo change…I can’t even think of any reason why this change was warranted! 

Hangar
Equipment

Added context menu for ship slots

you can use it to sell or remove modules

use the right mouse button to open the menu

Improved Equipment interface

Ships of all ranks can now be repainted

Stickers and colours can now be applied permanently

Store

Improved interface

Good job I guess, hope you didn’t screw over those interfaces though.

Graphics
Improved UI effects
Improved weapon projectile ffects
Improved shield effects
Improved Singularity Generator hit effect

Good :slight_smile: Hope it looks better…

Those are guards, not engineers.(Or some might be LRF, not sure, but I believe they are guards)

All are guards.

I think this is good from the info of what I heard.(Haven’t played since last week when I lost hope that good things would happen)

It is.

This is kinda a harsh nerf to ECM…Not only did you reduce their Effective Hitpoints by a bit, but you also nerfed their modules quite harshly…

I think a lower decrease would have been better at first, but whatever.

The weapon system inhibitor will still be useless I think.

The inhibitor has a much better use on a guard by class definition. I don’t think i’ve ever seen ECMs with it (myself included), tho it would work well for a solo type fit ECM.

And torpedo change…seriously?! Do you guys have ANY idea of how powerful the torpedo already is?! The torpedo change…I can’t even think of any reason why this change was warranted! 

Strange indeed. Hit pointed torps vs AMS was the good way to go actually… Now we’re gonna see 8-10 jeri LRFs in some matches xd

The inhibitor has a much better use on a guard by class definition. I don’t think i’ve ever seen ECMs with it (myself included), tho it would work well for a solo type fit ECM.

The guards already got a similar AoE-debuff instead of a focused one. 

Strange indeed. Hit pointed torps vs AMS was the good way to go actually… Now we’re gonna see 8-10 jeri LRFs in some matches xd

actually i think they will benefit this buff i played a bunch with jericho LRF and honestly if you can aim better than i do just go empire LRF as teh DPS is WAY higher

but ofc the main advantage of jer LRF is being able to fire from behind a cover to hit an enemy that is also behind cover or just to hit a swarm :stuck_out_tongue:

HO YEAH ! 

Justice for jerichoooooooooooooooooooooo !!!

Well, that was a disappointing patch. As usual. Zero player concerns dealt with and the Torpedo really did NOT need the extra radius, that was a dumb move. Guards definitely did NOT need the extra shield (at least not Jericho ones) and the changes to LRFs are just… idiotic. Should’ve been the other way around. Imperial LRFs getting more armour and Jericho ones getting more shield. Well done in breaking the racial ship traits, all LRFs now look like Federation Frigates.

I also loved the fact that the Ricasso was the ONLY CovOps to get speed nerfed when it’s already one of the slowest CovOps in the game. I also love the fact that the White Noise Generator is STILL on CovOps, not on ECM and still unmodified.

Gotta stress the positive things, though, the ECM nerfbat was needed. However… the Energy Absorber did NOT need that. The Stasis Generator and Ion Emitter did. I find it hard to believe anyone still uses the Weapon System Inhibitor considering you still HAVE TO TARGET SOMETHING TO USE IT. Especially when the tooltip clearly says you don’t.

I want to know the exact price for permanent colours on T3 and above ships. I’m betting it’s still on a ship-by-ship basis and expensive as all hell, as all things involving GS are in this game.

Well done. *slow clap* You fail to surprise us all. Give 1 good thing, fix two things, break 8 more. But don’t worry, we’re all used to bad patches since 0.8.

They did not nerf the Singularity Cannon still?

Now that the survivability of frigs has been reduced with this patch, can you imagine how much even more OP the Singularity Cannon will be against them?  :what:

Now that the survivability of frigs has been reduced with this patch, can you imagine how much even more OP the Singularity Cannon will be against them?  :what:

Fed’s frigates have been nerfed.

Not Jericho or Empire.

In fact, they upped one more time their mobility but nerfed their hull/shield.

"Ships of all ranks can now be repainted

Stickers and colours can now be applied permanently"

Why was this not posted as the first thing? In size 36 font? Seriously, you have a habit of keeping quiet about things people want to hear, and saying loudly and proudly everything we don’t…

The nerfs… and they are nerfs… they worry me. I’m concerned the ship tree is going to start looking samey. Everything’s trending toward the Federation model of “about the same amount of shield and hull”. Where exactly is the advantage of playing Empire or Jericho in this situation? Fed ships are faster across the board, but that was meant to make up for the fact they can’t hull / shield tank the way Empire / Jericho can. Does this mean we’ll see Federation speed nerfs next patch?

Does this mean we’ll see Federation speed nerfs next patch?

Mobility Tanking is the new way for federation :smiley: as it was suppose to be since a long time.

Antibus, can you tell us if there is a coloring option with credits?