Star Conflict OBT v.0.9.17 Discussion

[Update content](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/22448-star-conflict-obt-v0917/)

A flat increase of rewards for dealing damage is wrong since you also get additional rewards for destroying enemy ships 

Why not sum the two values? But I’m happy with the change, well done!

If a pilot destroyed an enemy ship, he only receives the reward for destroying that particular ship

Why is that? So i will still have to be careful NOT to make the last hit, or i get less points?

The new map is nice, but warpgates. There is the microwarp and the warpgate module for a reason.

Voice chat:  :yes_yes:  Needed.

You can now click anywhere on the screen to close the window

Thank you! Quality of life.

The others i will have to check IG. Any ninja buffs/nerfs?

Clear failure to understand the problem from the dev team. Pilots still punished for killshots (especially in pve) and so the problem remains.

This change will not stop 2pt kills in favour of 20pt assists. Give us flat caps on score - damage assists earn 40pts minimum; buff assists earn flat 40pts; kills are 60pt minimum.

This system rewards people who do the bulk of the damage without penalising low-dps or support pilots.

Your fix continues to punish people, especially Engineers.

If a pilot assisted the destruction of an enemy ship both by dealing damage and with the help of various modules, he will receive a reward for the kind of help that gives more effectiveness

If a pilot destroyed an enemy ship, he only receives the reward for destroying that particular ship

Good change, but if a buff assist now “overwrites” a damage assist will the damage assist still count towards contracts? I’m worried because the quote below seems to indicate that it won’t:

Will this be fixed in the future?

Effectiveness and synergy

We think that pilots supporting their allies should not receive lesser rewards for attacking enemies. A flat increase of rewards for dealing damage is wrong since you also get additional rewards for destroying enemy ships (for contracts, rating change, etc.)

Now :

If a pilot  assisted the destruction  of an enemy ship both by dealing damage and with the help of various modules, he will receive a reward for the kind of help that gives more effectiveness

If a pilot  destroyed  an enemy ship, he only receives the reward for destroying that particular ship

There ya go. Only took a week to fix that when we told you on the first day there was a problem. I still wonder why problems that are THIS blatantly obvious take from 1 day to “still unresolved”

Battlegrounds

Added a new map ‘Iridium Strand’

This battleground is based on a concept, [that won](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/20261-competition-tournament-maps-reward/) a [competition among pilots](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/19951-competition-for-the-best-concept-tournament-maps/)

Author: Kyril

Author’s battleground name: ‘Secret coal mines’

New map has gates. And if the enemy doesn’t kill you, the gates will. Are the gates ever going to be fixed?..

Improved minimap

Improved appearance

Extended battleground coverage

Your ship’s marker is always present on the tactical map

The ship marker is a huge arrow that blocks HALF the mini-tacmap. Always present or not, it needs reducing AND a different colour.

Added new HUD elements

FPS display

Enabled in options

Disabled by default

Added network latency display

Enabled in options

Disabled by default

Also called F11.

Now, when can we have the old combat scroll back?

Added Voice Chat

All pilots on the same team can now use voice to communicate in battle

Voice chat is not available in Hangar

VC settings can be found in the ‘Chat’ section of the options menu

Voice Chat is disabled by default

‘Pilots comms volume’ renamed into ‘NPC voice volume’

> NPC voice volume

So now we’re ALL NPCs?.. I find that offensive.

> disabled by default

THANK YOU!

Bug fixes

Fixed a bug with effectiveness gain notifications in battle

Fixed a bug with static warp gates not working on some battlegrounds

Fixed minor errors in achievement descriptions

> effectiveness notifications

Can’t you just remove them outright?.. It’s just better for everyone… Please?..

> Static gates not working

They still toss you against rocks, other ships and god knows what else in your path that outright kills you.

So now we’re ALL NPCs?.. I find that offensive.

Read carefully: previously this option regulated volume of ‘radio chatter’. Now, so that it wouldn’t be taken as option vor voice chat we renamed it.

My name is JP, and I approve this update. 

Now to find any Ninja Updates or hidden Easter eggs! 

Voice chat is gonna be interesting, and I assume that it only is activated in battle. In that case then we have a good way to communicate to others who usually dont have voice chat. 

nice update but can there please be an option in the settings to turn effectiveness notifications back to normal, they are very distracting in the heat of battle (I have to play on low settings/min resolution so they are massive on the screen and cannot see my aiming reticule when i kill someone in front of me).

nice update but can there please be an option in the settings to turn effectiveness notifications back to normal, they are very distracting in the heat of battle (I have to play on low settings/min resolution so they are massive on the screen and cannot see my aiming reticule when i kill someone in front of me).

Play pve, toss a torp into furball of mobs. Enjoy white text fireworks

Thanks for this update. I am looking forward to the new map and the other stuff!

Im not sure if this will lessen the Jerry-LRF-Pests… 

Had a 3v3 Beacon Hunt earlier: my 2 teammates used Jerry-LRFs  :facepalm:

Sooo many bad snipers…

Well…i cannot upgrade any Weapon or Module now with GS. Should it not be the other way round, that any Level is now upgradeable with GS ? Is it only me ? Need a Screen ?

Im not sure if this will lessen the Jerry-LRF-Pests… 

Had a 3v3 Beacon Hunt earlier: my 2 teammates used Jerry-LRFs  :facepalm:

Sooo many bad snipers…

Any given pub battle you have 50% snipers, 10% engineers without heals, 10% doing contracts and 5% trying to win.

And what are the other 25%?

I guess overall this is a pretty good patch. Couple of concerns still:

E6RCLYo.png

Now we have no idea if MM placed us in the right server or not.

Clear failure to understand the problem from the dev team. Pilots still punished for killshots (especially in pve) and so the problem remains.

This change will not stop 2pt kills in favour of 20pt assists. Give us flat caps on score - damage assists earn 40pts minimum; buff assists earn flat 40pts; kills are 60pt minimum.

This system rewards people who do the bulk of the damage without penalising low-dps or support pilots.

Your fix continues to punish people, especially Engineers.

At least the situation is slightly better. But it can still be improved. 

Haven’t had a match on any warp gate map yet… I hope the gates are working the way they should have been.

I guess overall this is a pretty good patch. Couple of concerns still:

E6RCLYo.png

Now we have no idea if MM placed us in the right server or not.

Yes, we are aware of this problem and it will be fixed soon.

And what are the other 25%?

beats me, I have no clue what they’re doing. they’re probably WPK kill squads. :wink:

Yes, we are aware of this problem and it will be fixed soon.

Do the overlap to the right as well then:

OQe5l2S.jpg

I know we’re still nominally in beta but since you want to release one day why not get in the habit of testing changes first before putting them live?

So… voice chat is disabled by defaut, so… they can’t hear us, unless they turn that on manually? How do we know who hears us and not? 

So… voice chat is disabled by defaut, so… they can’t hear us, unless they turn that on manually?

Yes, when Voice chat is turned off you cannot hear what’s going on in it.