Star Conflict OBT v. 0.9.0 Discussion

I think you’ll find it’s the vocal minority that condone this patch. If you’re not vocal, you are only screwing yourself over. If you want something changed, talk.

The rise in number does not necessarily say that the patch was good. I will now explain this. 600 to 2000 players. Fair enough. Why hasn’t it climbed any further? In the first couple of days there was a population explosion, so why didn’t it continue to rise? It is just as possible to whatever you can counter this with that new players are joining, playing for about 2 days, saying ‘meh’ and leaving, whilst another player will jump on and fill this space. Very possible.

Erm… Say that again? I can’t hear you over the sound of a thousand beachballs.

Not sure if this is another one of those T2 pearls, but singularity cannons aren’t that popular in T4/T5. You have a very good amount of people running with both types of rails right now, and a few even fly with lasers (though they are visibly bad and so are most of the players who take them). But I’ve learned to fear quite a few snipers by now. And now that I’m leveling my ECM, most singularity guys that dare to leave their frigates are just free food for me.

Not sure if this is another one of those T2 pearls, but singularity cannons aren’t that popular in T4/T5. You have a very good amount of people running with both types of rails right now, and a few even fly with lasers (though they are visibly bad and so are most of the players who take them). But I’ve learned to fear quite a few snipers by now. And now that I’m leveling my ECM, most singularity guys that dare to leave their frigates are just free food for me.

It’s a T2 pearl. Trust me.

EDIT: The Heavy Blaster is an entertaining weapon, though. I never said it was good, merely that its mechanics are entertaining. It works better as an area suppression weapon than something to directly engage with. Pin your opponents behind a bunch of asteroids, then have a couple of Cov Ops fly in and do some precision strikes from the flanks.

I think you’ll find it’s the vocal minority that condone this patch. If you’re not vocal, you are only screwing yourself over. If you want something changed, talk.

The rise in number does not necessarily say that the patch was good. I will now explain this. 600 to 2000 players. Fair enough. Why hasn’t it climbed any further? In the first couple of days there was a population explosion, so why didn’t it continue to rise? It is just as possible to whatever you can counter this with that new players are joining, playing for about 2 days, saying ‘meh’ and leaving, whilst another player will jump on and fill this space. Very possible.

Maybe you’re right about “condoning”. Silent and not so silent majority is too busy enjoying the patch after all. If you count the actual posters rather than posts in this thread, most people clearly like the patch. They just don’t post and repost, and repost, and repost, and repost… and repost the same talking points every couple of hours like you do. They only post once and go back to playing the game.

As for your numbers question, are you serious? Really? Perpetual concurrent player base expansion is a norm, and massive growth coupled with stable playerbase is bad? What are you smoking?

Not to even mention that you must think that 0.8.0 was god awful then, as it caused a player base collapse on release followed by even further decline.

It’s a T2 pearl. Trust me.

Can’t really be bothered to care about practice tiers. If you’re that bothered, you can always go one step down and play T1. No singularity cannon there.

T4/T5 has a shitton of singularity launchers flying everywhere. Luckyo I don’t know in what universe you live but 2/3 of the fighters I encounter use singularities.

And do they deserve vacation? sure.

But not after they release a big freaking patch with 20 problems that really can’t wait to get fixed!

Maybe you’re right about “condoning”. Silent and not so silent majority is too busy enjoying the patch after all. If you count the actual posters rather than posts in this thread, most people clearly like the patch. They just don’t post and repost, and repost, and repost, and repost… and repost the same talking points every couple of hours like you do. They only post once and go back to playing the game.

As for your numbers question, are you serious? Really? Perpetual concurrent player base expansion is a norm, and massive growth coupled with stable playerbase is bad? What are you smoking?

Not to even mention that you must think that 0.8.0 was god awful then, as it caused a player base collapse on release followed by even further decline.

No, actually it seems more of the posters dislike the patch or quite a lot of its content.

Very hastily raised defence there. If you’d taken the time to come back at me with a counter instead of ‘what are you smoking?’ I might have cared. But you just went and lost that, so… Meh.

T4/T5 has a shitton of singularity launchers flying everywhere. Luckyo I don’t know in what universe you live but 2/3 of the fighters I encounter use singularities.

Some do, some don’t. Today I’ve seen about 2/3 singularity and 1/3 snipers. And I have a lot more problems with snipers than with singularity on my ECM, which is why I’m more likely to notice the snipers. Since you’re mainly a frigateer if I’m not mistaken, it’s likely that you have the opposite problem and don’t generally notice the harmless snipers (to you) while noticing the singularity guys who counter you hard.

Heh, actually I still remember some of them, like Vecrox on his tackler with singularity and some other guy from his corp flying singularity gunship in a 2v2 (with one bot). I 1v2:d them in my R11 ECM because my partner was pretty bad. Free kills without frigate support.

No, actually it seems more of the posters dislike the patch or quite a lot of its content.

Very hastily raised defence there. If you’d taken the time to come back at me with a counter instead of ‘what are you smoking?’ I might have cared. But you just went and lost that, so… Meh.

I’m sorry, I forgot you’re the type to invent facts out of thin air when reality doesn’t suit your special needs. After all, I’ve been posting frigate hate, and than editing it out just to spite you, at least according to your yesterday’s train of thought.

Why do I bother?

And do they deserve vacation? sure.

But not after they release a big freaking patch with 20 problems that really can’t wait to get fixed!

But they did hotfix pretty much all immediate problems. About the only thing they didn’t fix that is really noticeable is the premium ship issue. And that is a design issue, on which vacation might actually help as designers come back refreshed with a new view on things.

Everything else is about minor balance tweaking and smiting some bugs, which can certainly wait a few weeks.

And the synergy system…

Synergy system is a long term design choice, not something they will easily change.

Then the question is: why change it in the first place? What was so inherently flawed that it had to be completely revamped? This just conflicts with my logic and hence, I don’t like it. The weapons, yes, okay, they needed a lot of tweaking but really  think they could have been successfully fixed with a combination of both tweaks by ship class and tweaks to mechanics. Each did fill some particular niche, but they could have been a little different.

What was making frigates invincible was engies/guards clustering together and just creating a huge, indestructible ball of death. I did suggest an AoE module that could have helped really crack down on this by denying them the ability to heal very quickly, hence leaving them open to a torrent of gunship fire which would very quickly scrap it. It wasn’t implemented.

Just some things I keep looking back on and just thinking: why? I see flaws that could have been fixed without the introduction of incredibly broken systems that would require even more tweaking to fix. That’s all I’m going to say. If you want to argue with it, by all means do. I’m not going to explain myself a second time.

Reasons were listed several times in this very thread. You’re back to regurgitating points that have been answered several times.

Remember: just because you do not like the answer doesn’t mean that asking the question twenty more times will change it.

I’m intrigued. Link me, please? I haven’t found any with sufficiently thorough reasons yet. I just look at them and see swiss cheese.

I’m intrigued. Link me, please? I haven’t found any with sufficiently thorough reasons yet. I just look at them and see swiss cheese.

Do you realise that rephrasing my “you don’t like the answer” with “I just look at reasons stated and see swiss cheese” doesn’t actually change the base meaning of “you don’t like the answer”?

We get it. You don’t like their answer. Asking the question again will not change the answer to something you like however.

No, I see answers which have very little actual logic behind them. That’s what I see. I don’t inherently like the answers because they’re not complete answers. It’s like the devs literally just freaked out at my question and tried to very quickly raise a shield or just avoid my question altogether. That’s what I’m not liking here. The developers currently don’t seem to know when a design choice maybe wasn’t the best option (ahem… synergy) and refuse to acknowledge it when they do see it. I don’t feel like I can trust them. If I can’t trust them, how am I supposed to believe anything that they say?

‘We’ get it? ‘We’? Luckyo… It’s ‘you’. Not ‘we’. You’ve been accusing me of the same thing and then expect me to miss that in favour of your own argument_?_ I have lost all my respect for you. I used to have it, now it’s gone. I used to argue with you as it was productive and - I’ll admit - a little fun, but if you’re going to ‘regurgitate’ the same answers to my points which aren’t anywhere near satisfactory then I am sorry, but I cannot keep up with that.

So, I’m going to ask for real answers this time.

Why did you remove the reputation system when there were no inherent flaws in it?

And why did you revamp the weapon system with something that will take you possibly even more time to fix?

These aren’t your questions to answer, Luckyo. So don’t attempt to.

Some do, some don’t. Today I’ve seen about 2/3 singularity and 1/3 snipers. And I have a lot more problems with snipers than with singularity on my ECM, which is why I’m more likely to notice the snipers. Since you’re mainly a frigateer if I’m not mistaken, it’s likely that you have the opposite problem and don’t generally notice the harmless snipers (to you) while noticing the singularity guys who counter you hard.

Hah, haha, hahahahahaha

I am a 90% of the time ECM player because the synergy system is so fucked up I have to play it even though its a pretty xxxx ship(tempest).

I fly ECM/command only, and when i lose those 2 ships I fly my engineer/guard, but otherwise I never fly them.

And often enough I get killed by singularity launchers because a single hit will kill kill 2/5 of my armor. 3 hits and im as good as gone.

I don’t get killed because I don’t know how to fly, but because of tacklers and ECM’s, or when I fly a bit too careless and think I will be fine when suddenly a beachball gunship comes around the asteroid D: