Star Conflict OBT v. 0.8.5 Discussion

[Patch content](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/20493-star-conflict-obt-v085/)

So I can’t make my Cerberus 2 pink yet?

Interesting nerfs to the engi. Reduced healing radius of combat drones - not sure how I feel about that one. We’ll see how it goes.

Alright, so I see more visual customizations… but now everything is temporary unless we perm’d it before? Please tell me you aren’t going to charge GS for temporary customizations now. That just defeats the whole purpose.

That hard nerf just after one patch. I can see the point of reducing the effectiveness and range of drones, but also drone launch time increased to 30 and no changes in survivability or combat-ability of drones? What’s the point of drones then?

If you worry that much about drones heal spam, why not add a drone-heal cool down on a ship?

Good, good. Quite like this patch, though the nerfs to the engi may have been just slightly too hard.

Another thing is, there’s ton of things in this game need changes, and changes about Engy is the only thing notable in this patch, or maybe a few patches?

Another thing is, there’s ton of things in this game need changes, and changes about Engy is the only thing notable in this patch, or maybe a few patches?

Of course we will continue with the improvements in the following patches.

Added extended ship customization.

* Colour patterns are available in the Equipment tab.

Ohoh… Yes. Time to paint the swag-mobile!

Now, stickers and colours are purchased for a limited time.

* Players who previously bought undated labels keep them on the same terms.

Oh, come on! I really don’t want to waste any more-… wait, I get to keep any permanent stickers I already have?

Engineering frigates

Ok, that’s a lot of nerfs… Was not expecting that many. Time will tell if the Engi-fanboys will ragequit or not.

Ok… Now, is that ALL the changes that were made to the game?.. If I login, I won’t find any “ninja changes”, will I?..

Oryngton, Only time will tell.

I’m not sure how I feel about the nerfs… 

In theory I think the nerfs were too much.

Altho this is pure theory(So don’t take my feedback too seriously, but this is what I fear)

_ Ships _

_ Engineering frigates _

Combat Drones : owner ship repair reduced by 50%.(Like they repaired at all before…They were usually dead if they had the chance of repairing you…)

Combat Drones : ally repair radius reduced by 60%.(Not sure what the range was before…Does it even tell that in the tooltip?)

Combat Drones : drone launch time increased to 30 sec.(They already die by every single missile, I think this was really unwarranted…25 seconds already was a very long time)

Combat Drones : ally repair effectiveness reduced by 15%.(Not sure how much they repaired before…But I guess it’s for the best)

Nanodrone Cloud : repair reduced on average by 20%.(…This seems a bit over the top…Seeing how it already repaired less than the Mass Shield Generator and now you nerfed it even further! I fear that NC might become slightly useless…)

Autonomous Repair Station : hull repair reduced by 30%.(…I guess it repaired a bit much, but this might be too much I think…Maybe begun at 15% nerf? And only thing I have to request that you release in a hotfix then is that you bring the Cooldown from the insane 130+ CD(75 with experimental…Only reason why it is slightly useful and why I use it) to the same as the Autonomous Charging Station)

\ * Autonomous Charging Station : shield recharge reduced by 30%.(Same as above, I fear it might be too much and that 15% nerf might have been better at first, might i’ll see how it goes)

Edit: Look, actual feedback(From me)!  :crazy:  Or as close as I can come to it.

Well, imo the Engineer nerfs were a bit harsh… but then again i havent had a chance to try it out after the patch so it might not be as horrible in space as it is on paper.

i Really, REALLY like that squads can queue together now even if theyre different factions. Great change!

new sound effects, Interesting!

/Ozz

Flying hull tanks just became a lot harder. I predict T2 engineers all but vanishing.

Still, indirect buff to Jericho. They were due something imo.

_  Autonomous Charging Station _

: shield recharge reduced by 30%.

(Same as above, I fear it might be too much and that 15% nerf might have been better at first, might i’ll see how it goes

That’s true. I’d prefer if buffs and nerfs weren’t so strong, and were done over a couple of weeks. My fear is that when all of these are added together they grow to quite a powerful nerf. Still, Engies were healing too much and it’s good that the range of the main modules has stayed the same.

I guess I should update those fake patch notes, now.

Oh, but one thing I don’t like is this…

“Now, stickers and colours are purchased for a limited time.”

Why? There’s no reason you can’t let us have permanent customisation options. I am certainly not wasting money on customising my ships if they’re just going to be reverted at week’s end!

Oh, but one thing I don’t like is this…

“Now, stickers and colours are purchased for a limited time.”

Why? There’s no reason you can’t let us have permanent customisation options. I am certainly not wasting money on customising my ships if they’re just going to be reverted at week’s end!

Cash grabbing…

Seriously guys. Stop it. It’s not funny and it really just won’t work. I’ll be surprised if anyone actually takes the bait…

Cash grabbing… Seriously guys. Stop it. It’s not funny and it really just won’t work. I’ll be surprised if anyone actually takes the bait…

Never underestimate those with too much money on their hands. or just the stupidity of them :slight_smile:

Ah, yes, there’s always them…

Now, stickers and colours are purchased for a limited time.

Why? There’s no reason you can’t let us have permanent customisation options.

Because it is the business team that rules the game actually.

Combat Drones : owner ship repair reduced by 50%.

Combat Drones : ally repair radius reduced by 60%.

Combat Drones : drone launch time increased to 30 sec.

Combat Drones : ally repair effectiveness reduced by 15%.

Nanodrone Cloud : repair reduced on average by 20%.

Autonomous Repair Station : hull repair reduced by 30%.

\ * Autonomous Charging Station : shield recharge reduced by 30%.

Okay for the drones.

Not Okay for the Nanodrone Cloud

Okay for the Autonomous stations

Still nothing about the people exploiting the bug that allow them to plant the Autonomous station in asteroids? and make them indestructible?

Oh, that reminds me, the devs forgot to make the most important and most balancing change in the Engineers: scaling heals.