Star Conflict OBT v. 0.8.5 Discussion

Would that completely balance them out? Really the best way to balance healing is doing it by percentages, so each ship will heal at a similar rate.

You know, between this and the pirates, I’m actually pretty sure the marketing team don’t want to make any money… frankly, they could have probably just given a small price boost to permanency and it’d still be within the acceptable spending bracket.

Come on, Gaijin! Didn’t seeing the Xbox crash and burn teach you anything? Gamers want to buy things, not rent them off the game publishers!

The Engi-nervs seem OK… I need to test it out ofc.

Paintable ships? Thats awesome! Guess I have to go back to T2 for some time… 

But shoot it straight out: Do I have to pay GS to paint it, or is there a standard option?

Now, stickers and colours are purchased for a limited time.

* Players who previously bought undated labels keep them on the same terms.

This is due to technical issues.

We want to gather some feedback on the colours and according to this it may happen that we will have to remove certain colours and this would make the players with the permanent purchase frustrated.

This problem does not exist for stickers, but due to technical facts we have decided to make colours and stickers have the same duration for a certain time.

Furthermore we still need to add the paintings for rank 7-12 ships and after this we will think about re-adding the permanent option.

Thanks for your understanding.

We want to gather some feedback on the colours and according to this it may happen that we will have to remove certain colours and this would make the players with the permanent purchase frustrated.

This problem does not exist for stickers, but due to technical facts we have decided to make colours and stickers have the same duration for a certain time.

Furthermore we still need to add the paintings for rank 7-12 ships and after this we will think about re-adding the permanent option.

Ah, thanks for the explanation! I can understand that you want to test it in that way.

I hope that you bring back the permanents ^.^

Just a question about ship coloring: Will the DLC’s(existing or future) give certain paint jobs? Just like the DLC stickers? :smiley: Or is this not certain yet and might be added after sufficient testing etc.?

Well…

The change of the matchmaking-thing is great…THX

Its was just crap in 0.8.4

I still think the realistic-mode shouldnt be in the normal que but okay, i can live with it, IF u fix the mixed tiers in ur next patch… :wink:

The Engineer-nerfs are very hard i believe but of course i have to test it before.

Just echoing things said before - the nerfs to the Engis might have been a little OTT - I prefer smaller more subtle changes in the right direction instead. But we’ll see how it works out. I can imagine Engineer players (and we have a few in the corp) being a little annoyed, though.

The customization additions are a step in the right direction, I will definitely have a play with those. We need the option to save/bookmark colour schemes, especially a ‘corporation colour scheme’ which all members can then easily apply.

Would that completely balance them out? Really the best way to balance healing is doing it by percentages, so each ship will heal at a similar rate.

That’s exactly what I meant by “scaling heals”. Or, at least, Ceptors and Fighters receiving a lot less heal than Frigates…

That’s exactly what I meant by “scaling heals”. Or, at least, Ceptors and Fighters receiving a lot less heal than Frigates…

Healing based on mass-of-ship. the bigger the ship the better healing recieved.  :dntknw:

not good for engi, engi now too easy to be kill @@ will you make some changes on empire ship? like speed…

Empire Engineers are already tanky as hell, they don’t need a single buff

Thanks for the clarification, Error. So long as permanent colour options will be applied (hopefully soon!) The temp colour idea is more palatable, particularly with the thinking behind it being made known.

Healing based on mass-of-ship. the bigger the ship the better healing recieved.  :dntknw:

Based on your reaction, you seem to disapprove. Either that or you’re a Ceptor pilot that loves to not die and get continuously shot by everything at all times while being under Mommy Engies’ skirts.

not good for engi, engi now too easy to be kill @@ will you make some changes on empire ship? like speed…

That’s the idea. Imperial Engineers still have MORE hp than Jericho Guards, so that needs a nerfing.

Engineer hull and shield stremgth nerf 10%? 15 for Empire?

Engineer hull and shield stremgth nerf 10%? 15 for Empire?

Engineers are easier to kill than Guards, though… Nerfbatting their hp like that might not work out that well…

Healing by size would, in theory, end the issue of Invincible Captains in T3, and potentially lessen Inty Spam in T2. However, I don’t see it doing much to combat frigate balls…

Actually, if healing was done via %, then you could five Fighters a slightly better % heal rate. This means Fighters get back into the fight faster than any other class, thus giving another reason to chose the “middle of the road” ships rather than Inty or Frigate.

Actually, if healing was done via %, then you could five Fighters a slightly better % heal rate. This means Fighters get back into the fight faster than any other class, thus giving another reason to chose the “middle of the road” ships rather than Inty or Frigate.

Now you’re getting it. Instead of Frigballs, however, we’d have Fighterballs which, let’s be honest, are relatively easier to kill…

Sounds great as long as you can buy them permanent for gold later on.

Awesome patch. Painting, fixed squad problems, engineers got more in line with other ships (they still need a rework, % healing is one of the needed things) and death penalty time reset will even out battels better is a great patch.

Now you’re getting it. Instead of Frigballs, however, we’d have Fighterballs which, let’s be honest, are relatively easier to kill…

Well lets see how easy it is to kill the Frigate balls with the current nerfs. Since the heal rate is much lower now it should be easier to destroy the clusters.

Healing by size would, in theory, end the issue of Invincible Captains in T3, and potentially lessen Inty Spam in T2. However, I don’t see it doing much to combat frigate balls…

What if the healing was multiplied by the size of the reciving ship: x1 for interceptors, x2 for fighters, x3 for frigates. fighters would recive twice the healing of interceptors, but frigates would only get 50% more than fighters. This way we wont have inty spam and this would probably not make frigball imortal.

I might be biased as a fighter pilot though…now that i think of it, shouldent the flat healrate we have right now make frigballs ineffective?

Edit: sorry, i am going off topic