Star Conflict OBT v 0.8.4 Discussion

[Patch content](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/20387-star-conflict-obt-v084/)

Expecting massive “P2W” rage about 3 lives before R12/paying for 4th slot in standard.

Otherwise appears to be a very positive patch. Obviously needs testing to confirm, but very good changes on paper.

Looks good. Will provide feedback on engineers in the coming week(s)

Expecting massive “P2W” rage about 3 lives before R12/paying for 4th slot in standard.

Otherwise appears to be a very positive patch. Obviously needs testing to confirm, but very good changes on paper.

This is a Sector Conquest - it should be a bit harder, otherwise… where’s all the conquest? And no, there are no P2W intentions behind this - we do not pursue this practice.

This is a Sector Conquest - it should be a bit harder, otherwise… where’s all the conquest. And no, there are no P2W intentions behind this - we do not pursue this practice.

*cough* R9 Gunships/Tacklers *cough*

What? Who said that? <.<

Also:

Ships

Federation fighters : Speed increased by 10%

Federation frigates : Speed increased by 15%

They really did not need this boost. Fed Frigates are already a lot faster than Jericho ones.

PvP: Arcade and Realistic mode are combined into a single queue in Sector Conquest

I’d like a bit more info on this… Does the game randomly pick between Arcade and Realistic or what?..

Combat HUD

Added ally health indicator

This is only IN PvE, right? Or did you add this on PvP and pilots can now not see anything on their HUD?

Still, good changes to the game. Expect a lot of spam from people using that dev help tool and such… Let’s hope you didn’t completely remove Imperial Engineers with these new modules.

I’d like a bit more info on this… Does the game randomly pick between Arcade and Realistic or what?..

Yes, random fight. It was mentioned in our Dev. blog entry too.

Yes, random fight. It was mentioned in our Dev. blog entry too.

That’s gonna be hell, though. Will the game actually say which type it is before you get into the fight? Or will you only find out when you brought one ships and can’t respawn with it anymore?

Well loading screen informs you of the type of fight? Do you mean it would be better to see in what que you are while waiting?

Well loading screen informs you of the type of fight? Do you mean it would be better to see in what que you are while waiting?

Well, I’d like for the game to tell me which Battle it’s going to be (Realistic or Arcade) before the first ships spawn, so pilots don’t rush in and then complain that they can’t respawn for some magical purpose that’s unbeknownst to them.

Well, it tells you quite clearly - if you’re going into ‘Capture the Beacon’ mode, then it is Realistic (Reflected in the blog entry too).

If all my ships are destroyed in Realistic can I leave the game and still get my rewards like in WoT? I could then fit different ships and play another match. Or must I wait around doing nothing?

I have a little question:

1. When die an engineering frigate the station explodes or survives?
  2. recharge time of station?
  3. hull’s station?

For the HUD Combat, can you add a possibility to change the color of crosshairs?

I have a little question:

• When die an engineering frigate the station explodes or survives?

• recharge time of station?

• hull’s station?
    For the HUD Combat, can you add a possibility to change the color of crosshairs?

1. Survives.

2. A bit longer that its lifetime.

3. If I get it right - around 2000 hull strength for T3 Mk.1

HUD. We are looking into it, but at the moment other features are in work.

Well, it tells you quite clearly - if you’re going into ‘Capture the Beacon’ mode, then it is Realistic (Reflected in the blog entry too).

Well, that’s gonna promote teamwork. I’m kinda afraid it’ll also promote more Frigballing in T3 (and it was starting to dwindle, as well) as well as in lower ranks…

Well, that’s gonna promote teamwork. I’m kinda afraid it’ll also promote more Frigballing in T3 (and it was starting to dwindle, as well) as well as in lower ranks…

Actually Frigate balls are not that effective there, only if one beacon is left per team.

It’s mostly about speed and tactics.

are you saying there that I will no longer be able just to press and play an arcade? I will be forced to realistic even if I don’t want it to happen?

also, if this will be shown in every game:

The indicator shows the status of the player: name, hull and shield strength

I do belive it will be awfaul and ruin so much :frowning: so much unwanted info really… if I wanna know someone’s health and shield, I hover over him, the rest of time it doesn’t come in my way

Combat HUD

Added ally health indicator

• The display shows all the players of your squad or all participants of the PvE-mission - Awesome, been wanting this for a while.
  • The indicator shows the status of the player: name, hull and shield strength - See above

Refined the combat log

Added Death Recap window

• Shows who destroyed your ship and how - Nice
  • Shows who helped destroy your ship - Nice
  • Old recap version has been switched off - Obviously :slight_smile:

These are my favorite parts. :slight_smile: Thanks for the hard work guys, keep it up.

Just a suggestion, but I see a lot of new players and some old players playing a lot of PvE… Now I was just wondering if it is possible for you guys, AWESOME game btw, to create a different PvE stage or scenario? To give something that will keep us guessing? Or is there already work being done on this? will you be able to turn off the health indicators for people who would like to have a clear HUD?

are you saying there that I will no longer be able just to press and play an arcade? I will be forced to realistic even if I don’t want it to happen?

also, if this will be shown in every game:

The indicator shows the status of the player: name, hull and shield strength

I do belive it will be awfaul and ruin so much :frowning: so much unwanted info really… if I wanna know someone’s health and shield, I hover over him, the rest of time it doesn’t come in my way

are you unable to read?

It only shows the info on your SQUAD or PVE GROUP

I would like the same thing for captains tho, so i know when he is under attack more easily.

Actually Frigate balls are not that effective there, only if one beacon is left per team.

It’s mostly about speed and tactics.

Ah, Domination, I thought it was Beacon Hunt. Yeah, my brain has not woken up, yet…