Star Conflict OBT v 0.7.10 Update # 1

what patch notes? you mean the joke at the start of this thread?

“hey, guyz, we tired to aply a fix to contarcts but we failed, c u next week”

you mean those patch notes?

if you are at higher ranks using “the improved” contracts to unlock stuff is like trying to empty a bathtub with a spoon - yeah, you’ll eventually do it, but any sane person would just pull the plug.

the only reasons i’m still playing the game is because i have a rather long license (stupid me, i know, but i got it before the change to loyalty), i like spaceships and i managed to get 4 more people to play this game (again, if i had started after the change i would have played a few matches and i would have uninstalled the game)

don’t get me wrong, i don’t mind grinding and i’m quite good at it, or rather patient (testimony to that are the 20k battles and several top tier tanks in wot, the 7 max lvl characters and almost every ship in the cash store from sto - without paying a single buck) but what they did is beyond any patience one person could show to this game

what they did is beyond any patience one person could show to this game

You’ll still be playing next week.  

And you’ll have rewards on Thursday that will make up for the lost time.  

Get over yourself, drama queen.  

This new loyalty system will be a game changer. Getting faction items will now take a much longer time. They won’t revert to the previous easy grind system. You have to be aware of it.

But I like it like that. It’s not perfect yet, but it’s the good direction.

This new loyalty system will be a game changer. Getting faction items will now take a much longer time. They won’t revert to the previous easy grind system. You have to be aware of it.

But I like it like that. It’s not perfect yet, but it’s the good direction.

Your attitude is confusing to me. Its an straight up increase in grind for the sake of grind and inconveniencing players enough so they would buy items for gold.

The change doesnt add anything gameplay vise and even arguably makes things works by forcing people to chase contract objectives instead of map objective. And there you are saying that more grind is fine by you and a good direction, WTF?!

Fact that you have 3 factions to rank 12 would explain that attitude but still you have 3 more to grind to rank 12 plus the grind to rank 15 once they introduce tier 5, are you really looking forward to grinding 10x longer to unlock the equipment?

There are two kinds of f2p games out there, those which you play a bit and see that if you want to have any meaningfull progression or to stay competetive you either have to  pay or leave out of frustration (WoT, PS2 come to mind as a prime examples). OR those which you play and scream shut up and take my money because the game has balanced unlcok system and fun grind (Team Fortress model). In which direction would you like this game to go?

How many people are going to post without reading the patch notes?

The current system is bugged, it was never meant to be like that.  

It will be fixed on Thursday along with a boost to Loyalty to compensate for the lost week.  

You are echoing whinges about a bug that has been acknowledged and fixed.  
It will be updated in the major patch on Thursday.  

Read the patch notes.  

the current system is like the devs intended it to be.

when the xxxx storm started they tried to up the rewards and lower the cooldowns but that didn’t work.

they need to change a lot of things regarding contracts, not just cooldowns and the amount of loyalty they give (they need to remove the cap on the number of contracts you can have active, increase the rewards on all contracts, remove completely the cooldowns on the 2h contracts, 1day contracts lowered to 2h, weekly contracts to 1day)

You’ll still be playing next week.  

And you’ll have rewards on Thursday that will make up for the lost time.  

Get over yourself, drama queen.  

next week? yeah, probably i’ll still be here

but considering they just announced the romulan playable race in sto, if they don’t fix the loyalty system i’ll not be here a lot longer than that

Your attitude is confusing to me. Its an straight up increase in grind for the sake of grind and inconveniencing players enough so they would buy items for gold.

The change doesnt add anything gameplay vise and even arguably makes things works by forcing people to chase contract objectives instead of map objective. And there you are saying that more grind is fine by you and a good direction, WTF?!

Fact that you have 3 factions to rank 12 would explain that attitude but still you have 3 more to grind to rank 12 plus the grind to rank 15 once they introduce tier 5, are you really looking forward to grinding 10x longer to unlock the equipment?

There are two kinds of f2p games out there, those which you play a bit and see that if you want to have any meaningfull progression or to stay competetive you either have to  pay or leave out of frustration (WoT, PS2 come to mind as a prime examples). OR those which you play and scream shut up and take my money because the game has balanced unlcok system and fun grind (Team Fortress model). In which direction would you like this game to go?

I won’t explain again why i don’t think it’s important. Read what others and i tried to explain.

I won’t explain again why i don’t think it’s important. Read what others and i tried to explain.

I dont see that you tried explaining anything in this tread, point me to your post which will shed the light on this and show all the “haters” how they are wrong and everything is great.

I see what you did there ;).

I never said it was perfect, on the contrary, but that it was the good direction. Not having blue items is not changing your game experience.

For more detailed explanation, go to the thread dealing of that matter, which is called “loyalty”. And please don’t discuss it here.

I see what you did there ;).

I never said it was perfect, on the contrary, but that it was the good direction. Not having blue items is not changing your game experience.

For more detailed explanation, go to the thread dealing of that matter, which is called “loyalty”. And please don’t discuss it here.

I don’t agree. Try to have a ship with all of blue module and weapon…and combat against a ship with mk 2 module…try…

Please go to the appropriate thread to discuss that.