Star Conflict OBT v 0.7.10 Update # 1

*edit*

Also please do give the implant affecting jericho torp’s back!

And the implant that gives bonuses to Federation Frigate drones!

And the implant that gives bonuses to Empire Frigate sniper!

-OH WAIT…

get it?

blindfolds

I don’t know how long you’ve been playing, but let me tell you you are completely wrong.

• There has been nearly an update every week since I began the game

• the devs take into account our suggestions. I haven’t seen many games of this model (free to play, or as someone said yesterday in the chat pay2haveaslightadvantage) where we get fast answers. Error does a great job. Alone.

• the player base has been multiplied by ten since the steam release. I think that was too quick, and the game / server / game masters weren’t ready for it, but the game base is good enough for a game in beta. You don’t wait for a game in T1 T2 (except for bugs).

I think you needed to know those facts.

I don’t know how long you’ve been playing, but let me tell you you are completely wrong.

• the devs take into account our suggestions. I haven’t seen many games of this model (free to play, or as someone said yesterday in the chat pay2haveaslightadvantage) where we get fast answers. Error does a great job. Alone.

• the player base has been multiplied by ten since the steam release. I think that was too quick, and the game / server / game masters weren’t ready for it, but the game base is good enough for a game in beta. You don’t wait for a game in T1 T2 (except for bugs).

I concur. It’s easy to forget this is still in beta.

Anyway, another thing I would love to see adressed are the abysmal waiting times for matchmaking in regular/“realistic” mode. The lobby says that there are enough players to make a game, so it can’t be that this mode is a lot less popular, right? Right? :frowning:

I concur. It’s easy to forget this is still in beta.

Anyway, another thing I would love to see adressed are the abysmal waiting times for matchmaking in regular/“realistic” mode. The lobby says that there are enough players to make a game, so it can’t be that this mode is a lot less popular, right? Right? :frowning:

Clearly that´s not related with the drop of half the player base in the past 2 weeks, clearly im very delusional. :facepalm:

At least i can make 1 certain prediction if this continues this way and ppl keep leaving i can positively guess who the last 2 blind guys will still be trying to find the exit.

edit: is actually more than half now but who is counting, and please stop saying this is beta this “open beta” which is meant to polish and solidify the game before release funny how neither of those is helping get more players in the server but actually having the opposite effect. In the end you can hide behind w/e belief you want but there’s no hiding from the results.

This is true. I personally would rather see a open vote system in the fourms on discussing Key issues. Though I have seen alot of people complain about the 600M/s nerf, but on the flip side the game and the Devs had a hard time keeping the game stable when people put there ships going 750+ M/s. So it is understandable, but highly irritating. 

Also the fact that they made ranking up individual factions harder, probably drove some people away. I dont really mind, As this game is a sort of stress relief for me, so I dont care, but its unreasonable to make it only with contracts (which are severly limited and have outrageous cool downs) But we need to figure out things from the Devs stand point too. 

BTW, I have not seen a single thing about gameplay balance. that means that they nearly got it perfect across all the different ships.

Going to repost this here too:

Concerning the “hot-fix”: it doesn’t change anything. I’m not going even consider the “there was an error in cool-down, next week we’ll fix it”, I’m looking at the results we have right now and what we get is the same as before the hot-fix.

You want to fix the loyalty thing? Good. Find a way that will keep everybody happy and implement it next week or whatever but in mean time revert to how it was. Do you honestly think that the people who are leaving now will be back and the people who are upset are going to be content next week? This is such a blatantly horrible implementation that left majority of people dumbfounded thinking why anyone ever though this was good idea. Just the massive influx of people who never even considered posting on forums should be an indication just how terrible it was. And for every single poster complaining here, there are 10 who are going to quietly just close their game and never play it again.

Also:

• the player base has been multiplied by ten since the steam release.

Let me see… hmm 700 players online. When few days ago at this time you had at least 1200 and someone said that when the game released on steam there were 5k players.

Yep, seems like it has multiplied alright.

This game has no advertisement and the only way you are going to get players is through the word of mouth and if the word “the game is pay to win or do YEARS of grinding while veterans were lucky enough to level what they need” you are not going to get many players at all.

the contacts rewart are still low i go play worl of warcaft until you fix it sorry bud 900 rep for killing enemy frigates and 300 rep for killing captan its just a big LOL

I have been thinking on balancing for a while and here are a few “solutions”:

Frigate speed cap at 200

Fighter speed cap at 400

Inteceptor speed cap at 650

This should fix the errors in the engine with regards to the speed, but still leave each class with their own advantages

Time between Disintigrator shots extended by 2 seconds

This should be enough to not make them useless, but give players a chance to get in cover. If they get sniped and don’t move, then they deserve the second shot. This will alo allow players who hang 11,000 meters out of combat to be harassed by inteceptors, and also allow inteceptors to fulfill their role properly, encouraging snipers to stay closer to allies.

Decrease time between Federation Frigates special ability by 30 seconds

The drones are completely viable, but the cooldown is not. This should correct the issue entirely and encourage more people to play federation frigates.

Inteceptor damage decrease by 2% on main weapons

Inteceptors restricted to Rapid Fire weaponry

Inteceptors granted more rockets

Inteceptors “cap” 2% faster

Inteceptor module cooldown reduced by 2 seconds

This will encourage inteceptors to fulfill their role more properly. Ninja capping, hit and run and harrass.

Fighters “buff” modules removed and given to frigates

Fighters given 2% damage increase on main weapons

Fighters restricted to Assault weaponry

This will encourage fighters to be the vanguard of an attack. Remaining in range of their frigates to defend them and provide the firepower to oppose the enemy team.

Frigates granted one extra module slot

Frigates are restricted to heavy weapons

This will encourage frigates to get to the front line instead of hanging back on their own. Having only heavy weapons will make frigates an easy target for inteceptors if they are without support and fighters to support them to retain buffs. All in all, Inteceptors will act like a pack of wolves and weak in major combat, Frigates will be big punchers against fighters and frigates but an easy target to inteceptors, fighters will be big punchers to inteceptors and fighters. This will encourage all to play their roles properly, to stay as a team and move as a group. If they don’t then they are picked off or outnumbered. This will also allow for more versatility with modules. 

Jericho Frigates granted 4 “jericho guided missles” per battle, in addition to regular missles, and special ability increases shield resistances by 30 for 10 seconds with 40 second CD

This will discourage Jericho frigates from sitting back and firing guided missles all match, but it will also make shield “tanking” completely viable.

Choice of matchmaking regarding squad sizes (4v4 - 6v6 - 8v8 - 12v12)

People are devided over the chaos or organisation. Let them choose.

Deathmatch mode added (1 life - 1 ship - no objective other than to be the last team standing)

Because everyone wants to know who the better team is.

Laser weapons range decrease to 6,000m

Because shooting players with lasers at 10,000m is a bit excessive considering their accuracy.

Rapid fire railguns rate of fire increase with damage and spread reduction

The current rapid fire railguns are pants and hardly anyone uses them.

Tooltip errors fix (Military sheild booster, Skill pitch axis)

There are some mis-translations that are a little misleading sometimes.

Implementation of a trading system

It will open the game up to new levels. Implementation of trading not only items, but also an economic system for the open world.

Spy drones now show enemy ship "buffs"

This will be a major boon and also encourage more people to take them and become team players.

I have been thinking on balancing for a while and here are a few “solutions”:

Frigate speed cap at 200

Fighter speed cap at 400

Inteceptor speed cap at 650

This should fix the errors in the engine with regards to the speed, but still leave each class with their own advantages

Time between Disintigrator shots extended by 2 seconds

This should be enough to not make them useless, but give players a chance to get in cover. If they get sniped and don’t move, then they deserve the second shot. This will alo allow players who hang 11,000 meters out of combat to be harassed by inteceptors, and also allow inteceptors to fulfill their role properly, encouraging snipers to stay closer to allies.

Decrease time between Federation Frigates special ability by 30 seconds

The drones are completely viable, but the cooldown is not. This should correct the issue entirely and encourage more people to play federation frigates.

Inteceptor damage decrease by 2% on main weapons

Inteceptors restricted to Rapid Fire weaponry

Inteceptors granted more rockets

Inteceptors “cap” 2% faster

Inteceptor module cooldown reduced by 2 seconds

This will encourage inteceptors to fulfill their role more properly. Ninja capping, hit and run and harrass.

Fighters “buff” modules removed and given to frigates

Fighters given 2% damage increase on main weapons

Fighters restricted to Assault weaponry

This will encourage fighters to be the vanguard of an attack. Remaining in range of their frigates to defend them and provide the firepower to oppose the enemy team.

Frigates granted one extra module slot

Frigates are restricted to heavy weapons

This will encourage frigates to get to the front line instead of hanging back on their own. Having only heavy weapons will make frigates an easy target for inteceptors if they are without support and fighters to support them to retain buffs. All in all, Inteceptors will act like a pack of wolves and weak in major combat, Frigates will be big punchers against fighters and frigates but an easy target to inteceptors, fighters will be big punchers to inteceptors and fighters. This will encourage all to play their roles properly, to stay as a team and move as a group. If they don’t then they are picked off or outnumbered. This will also allow for more versatility with modules. 

Jericho Frigates granted 4 “jericho guided missles” per battle, in addition to regular missles, and special ability increases shield resistances by 30 for 10 seconds with 40 second CD

This will discourage Jericho frigates from sitting back and firing guided missles all match, but it will also make shield “tanking” completely viable.

People are devided over the chaos or organisation. Let them choose.

Deathmatch mode added (1 life - 1 ship - no objective other than to be the last team standing)

Because everyone wants to know who the better team is.

Laser weapons range decrease to 6,000m

Because shooting players with lasers at 10,000m is a bit excessive considering their accuracy.

Rapid fire railguns rate of fire increase with damage and spread reduction

The current rapid fire railguns are pants and hardly anyone uses them.

Tooltip errors fix (Military sheild booster, Skill pitch axis)

There are some mis-translations that are a little misleading sometimes.

It will open the game up to new levels. Implementation of trading not only items, but also an economic system for the open world.

Spy drones now show enemy ship "buffs"

This will be a major boon and also encourage more people to take them and become team players.

This should go into the balancing section, not into the patch discussion.

Yes please.

pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease.

please.

Oh yes - pleeeeease.

Imho - would break the game. With the current drop rate, you would end up with all purple ships in less than a few days intensive playing.

Well at least with my drop rate :stuck_out_tongue:

Clearly that´s not related with the drop of half the player base in the past 2 weeks, clearly im very delusional. :facepalm:

Oh, I didn’t disagree with you, sorry, that came out wrong, but what he said is factual, and this beta has ran a pretty good course so far, I am used to open beta being practically the finished game and no changes being made whatsoever.

@ dkayblackstone

I’m sorry to contradict again but we are not talking of the same thing.

at the time when I play (wich may differ from you depending I your timezone) there was 200 players connected before steam release, and there is 2000 now.

I agree there is much less players than three weeks ago, but again, you can play this game for free so there must have been a lot of players that came out of curiosity and went away. That is logical.

I don’t know if you’ve done a lot of beta testing, I have, and i think its a great chance to haw that many playera givin a chance to that open beta game, an even willing to give money through DLC.

Having to wait 5 minutes for a game didn’t bother me before steam release. Now, I’m concerned after 30s of wait.

We need a strong community to help the devs, so we all have to keep the tone down and listen to each others. This conclusion is a bit off topic here but I have been badly interpreted the last few days so I want to state plainly what I think.

Abit offtopic but i saw people mentioning player base lets see, after steam online during peek hours 4k ppl, when the starter liciense for people ended online 2k, yesterday i saw only 1k online, today 700 only dont know how you see an increase in player base, great game but no advertising and updates that separate old and new players, i know that the devs need money but less ppl less money, more ppl more money.

As I explained a few post before, I was comparing before / after steam.

But I agree with you. Though not on today’s numbers, haven’t connected yet. Yesterday’s crowd was as usual. Maybe the “patch effect”

This patch havent adressed the problem with standing grind at all. And even increasing the contract rewards and reducing the cooldown will leave it multiple times longer then before.

Im really interested to see the numbers on which you are basing this change, as in how long it used to take to max out all 6 sub-factions and how long do you think its fair?

Oh and it sitll doesnt adress the fact that premium is less worth it now thanks to that change.

I’m not sure how you reached this conclusion.   I am seeing tons of feedback where players are saying 1) we don’t like the severe nerf to progression, and 2) we want the focus of pvp matches to remain on winning and not completing individual quests.  And the response to our feedback?   “we have our own plan and we will move forward with our own plan regardless of how people feel about it”

Good luck hosting a game noone wants to play.  

OKAY SO THIS. /

I’m not sure how you reached this conclusion.   I am seeing tons of feedback where players are saying 1) we don’t like the severe nerf to progression, and 2) we want the focus of pvp matches to remain on winning and not completing individual quests.  And the response to our feedback?   “we have our own plan and we will move forward with our own plan regardless of how people feel about it”

Good luck hosting a game noone wants to play.  

Exactly. 

How to make it better. Reverse what they did, and make contracts give money, lets NOT make this game into a grind fest. Im even considering leaving cause if it takes more then 2 hours for only 10k loyalty exp, Im out as soon as my license runs out.

The nerf, for interceptor pilots is reasonable but they should not make it permanent  People like pushing the limits of there build. And capping them is kinda like saying “Do anything you want, but don’t reach your goals”

I really hate how we cant VS the same people too, or that the game is kinda ruining the progression as of now. 

Even before thursday’s patch (3-22-2013), it was common to have no access to contracts due to the cooldown. A player would be flying for very little subfaction reputation. After the patch, you could be forced to wait hours to sign another contract. I personally feel that a player is entitled to know that each and every battle he engages in furthers his reputation.

I would like to see one or more contracts with absolutely zero cooldown. I’m sure this post should be in Suggestions, but this seems to be where the subject is being cussed and discussed.

Thank You

I would just like to comment again on licenses.  Is there any loyalty incentive now for me to buy a license?  I’m not the type of person who will “pay to win” by buying gold tier weapons.  I want to work for my items but I don’t want to grind for 2 years and I don’t really want to get into this game if that’s you’re vision for it.  My week was up today, I was planning on buying at least a month long license but I am now hesitant to do so.  I really enjoy your game, I really enjoy the earning of items and ships but I feel there should be some loyalty benefit for buying licenses, the gold alone is not enough encouragement for me.

Indeed. Lots of great ideas. But they are a bit lost amongst all the flaming and the same arguments being rediscussed over and over again.

Hammashauka tried to compile all the proposition. A very constructive initiative for which he must be thanked. Take a look at his post and how it ended.

Flaming is counter productive. If a great and feasible idea suggested yesterday hasn’t been taken into account, maybe it’s because it was lost in all the flames.

You remind me of Bashiok from the Diablo 3 forums. Snarky responses will get flaming replies back tbh. I’m sad to hear, but at the same time not really surprised, you got PM’d personal insults.

Also the Steam DLC is not giving you increased loyalty gains, despite what it says up above. All in all, the devs are gonna do what they are gonna do, regardless of what people say their opinion is. When your player base depletes you will know why, and it’s not because they “got lost” lol.

As to ideas being “lost” perhaps if you didn’t close so many threads with those ideas, they would not be “lost”. At the very minimum, on any other forum, at least point the direction where you would like consolidated discussion to occur. It’s clear there is no desire to have any discussion on this matter. So ignore everybody’s complaints, hey that is your right. But at the end of the day, when you wonder where your player base has gone, you will know why.