Star Conflict OBT v.0.11.1 Discussion

Did the Devs cap matchmaking to 5v5 / 6v6 and not tell us? T3 peak time should give at least a few proper sized matches.

No cap I think. I def had greater than 6x6.

Although I do like small battles. Except for abandoned outpost when it’s domination.

No cap I think. I def had greater than 6x6.

Although I do like small battles. Except for abandoned outpost when it’s domination.

When I started 12 v 12 was the norm. I’ve come to hate anything less. :frowning:

When I started 12 v 12 was the norm. I’ve come to hate anything less. :frowning:

I prefer playing 6v6 nonstop than waiting for 5 minutes…

But you wouldn’t need to wait 5 minutes. I had to restart my computer last night. Got a 6v6 after about 2 minutes, froze and had to restart. Got back in queue with alternative ships and got another 6v6 within seconds. That could easily have been a 10 v 10 (or more) match with very little extra wait.

As it stands, matchmaker is launching too soon. It should try for at least 2-3 minutes to get a proper game before resorting to these near-empty matches.

But you wouldn’t need to wait 5 minutes. I had to restart my computer last night. Got a 6v6 after about 2 minutes, froze and had to restart. Got back in queue with alternative ships and got another 6v6 within seconds. That could easily have been a 10 v 10 (or more) match with very little extra wait.

As it stands, matchmaker is launching too soon. It should try for at least 2-3 minutes to get a proper game before resorting to these near-empty matches.

This. One of the rare times I completely agree with you.

Big matches are more fun… Doesn’t mean I want to queue forever but currently it really seems that merging two 6v6 into a 12v12 would have minimal queue time impact.

The game is most fun in 12v12 matches, IMO

The game is most fun in 12v12 matches, IMO

That’s because it was designed for 12v12 or more. That used to be the norm before the “improvements” to Matchmaker began.

Love 12v12+. TDM and some other modes work OK with less numbers, but Detonation becomes a joke, and CTB loses most of it’s tactical depth.

Hey. I like small detonation games in T3 right now. Just run in with my 660m/s Sai and plant 3 bombs in two minutes.  :lol: