Star Conflict OBT v.0.10.3 Discussion

[Update content](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/23024-star-conflict-obt-v0103/)

Finalllyyyyy,a bit damage increase for the HB.

And really,100 gs to switch hangar?

Shrapnel Cannon

Practice has shown that this is very dangerous weapon in the hands of an experienced pilot. However, rookies can not adequately reveal the potential of this gun.

So we decided to make it more attractive for all pilots. Changes will make it more comfortable but also leave the damage done per minute at the same level.

Now has a fixed spread value of 5 degrees

Fire rate increased by 33%

Damage reduced by 25%

5° spread plus damage nerf? Time to buy new guns again… :confused:

RF Blaster

We decided to increase the effectiveness of this weapon against moving small targets — enemy interceptors.

Time to reach maximum spread increased by 50%

Projectile speed increased by 30%

And here’s my new gun. While I don’t see how more/faster spread is going to make hitting interceptors easier, with the speed buff I guess it’s time for supernova ammo to hunt fighters and frigates.

Uranium charges

Projectile speed boost is now at 23%

Now also reduce damage by 10%

Quite the damage nerf to Gauss snipers, but don’t think it’ll matter much.

And here’s my new gun. While I don’t see how more/faster spread is going to make hitting interceptors easier, with the speed buff I guess it’s time for supernova ammo to hunt fighters and frigates.

Nah you didn’t get it, you reach MAX spread slower. So the gun is more accurate for a longer time. You can do longer short bursts at high accuracy. + projectile speed. 

Ah yes, thank you for the RF Blaster buff, it really needed that projectile speed back against ceptors!

The spread will not increase when you will fire :slight_smile:

I need to check the Coil Mortar.

But there is something strange in the description, The Coil Mortar do not have “Optimal Range”, It was one of its particularity. 

100gs/hangars…

And also the fact that coils frigate won’t be able to defend themselves against interceptors anymore (Forward firing only).

RFB change seems pretty good to me (supernova RFBs will benefit). Shrapnel change seems to be a slight dumbing down of the weapon, but we’ve gotta test it out to see if it’s still fun to use. I’ll definitely appreciate the HB boost since I use it. 

I have a feeling the uranium shell nerf shouldn’t really be affecting the pro snipers that much. Gauss already has an impressive projectile speed to begin with. IIRC my Parallax would have about 9k projectile speed without uranium shells (I run the J6 implant), and sniping wasn’t that difficult at range.

As for the hanger change cost, I think that’s just an instantaneous and safe (and expensive) alternative to flying through open space. It’s just my guess; I could be wrong.

Quite the damage nerf to Gauss snipers, but don’t think it’ll matter much.

I need to check the Coil Mortar.

But there is something strange in the description, The Coil Mortar do not have “Optimal Range”, It was one of its particularity. 

Well theese 2 guns definetely worth a try again… I think theese 2 buffs were absolutelly needed… Wonder if the coil mortars will make finally the speed build on fed guard more effective … so let’s wait for rakza feeds lol

Well theese 2 guns definetely worth a try again… I think theese 2 buffs were absolutelly needed… Wonder if the coil mortars will make finally the speed build on fed guard more effective … so let’s wait for rakza feeds lol

I was already using the Coil Mortar on my Jericho Guard when I was bored by the Beam Cannon.

Edit: The thing I want to see Ingame is what will be the new positionning with this weapons

As for the hanger change cost, I think that’s just an instantaneous and safe (and expensive) alternative to flying through open space. It’s just my guess; I could be wrong.

This is also my thought. They said we will be able to change hangars flying in open space, but that will bring you to the outer regions.

Nothing a 700 m/s recon interceptor can’t do anyway :slight_smile:

Concerning the weapong tweaks

The coil mortar will be a bit better now against frigballs

HB damage buff will balance the bigger spread it has now against big targets.

The RFB buff, I’m not sure, the blaster was already too good after the first rework. We will see.

Laser range buff is for compensation on the flat reflector ammo.

Projectile speed ammo nerf won’t affect gauss snipers, most of them already use critic ammo.

Shrapnel cannon nerf will hurt good players who knew how to fire with the good tempo, so they could avoid the spread. 5º is a lot.

All in all, mostly good changes.

I was already using the Coil Mortar on my Jericho Guard when I was bored by the Beam Cannon.

Edit: The thing I want to see Ingame is what will be the new positionning with this weapons

the problem with old coil was that u need to put one accelertaion coil in the capacitor to make it effective… a huge scrifice if u r going for a speed build…

the problem with old coil was that u need to put one accelertaion coil in the capacitor to make it effective… a huge scrifice if u r going for a speed build…

Depending of your positionning, for some fitting I didn’t use the Acceleration Coil, I was just INSANELY exposed to ripost.

The RFB buff, I’m not sure, the blaster was already too good after the first rework. We will see.

The Rework was fine since then, it was the Ammo nerf that hit it. I would say, most people used the RFB anyway with speed ammo; i wasn’t expecting this much buff, but now at least you can even enjoy other ammo types, 30% is perfect.

Nah you didn’t get it, you reach MAX spread slower. So the gun is more accurate for a longer time. You can do longer short bursts at high accuracy. + projectile speed.

Oh indeed I misread that.

No I get that but at 5° fixed spread it’s pretty useless now, at that spread you won’t hit interceptors with most of your projectiles and those that do hit deal -25% damage. I don’t get why this gun was nerfed since it already had much lower dps than the RFB. At the rate that they are going we’ll probably see it buffed again in 2 patches at the latest.

Previously the (very little) skill required to use that gun was to manage your spread (i.e. not hold down the left mouse button).

The Shrapnel is kinetic and does alpha damage. DPS does not matter in that case.

RFB DPS is only against shields, after that its sporadic hits since usually your target will start to evade, which gives a shrapnel player plenty of room to counter you and make it even more ineffective against resistance.

They are trying to linearize the dps.

All the change make me think it’s what they are trying to do.

Looks like it, yep. Also prepping the guns for easier use with controllers for a console port I guess.

I will miss sharpnel… That was only weapon I liked on ceptors  :angry:

I can imagine T5 now… Ceptors with RFB; Fighters with Bubbles; Frigates with Positrons  :bomber:  Time to change to EM resist

They are trying to linearize the dps.

All the change make me think it’s what they are trying to do.

What do you mean by “linearize the dps” exactly? Do you mean making it so prolonged damage is more viable than alpha strikes?