Star Conflict League: Grand Prix Discussion

Are any of these teams US?
At all?
Are there even US players on them?

Or the entire Western Hemisphere, for that matter?

3 hours ago, Ketriaava said:

At all?

I think there’s the Italian cruise engine nubs

6 hours ago, Ketriaava said:

At all?

Tricolore Hawks are the only team outside of the Russian teams competing, who are facing DNO in their first round.

If you wish to see North American teams in the competition, then you know what to do. A US input into the competition would be very welcome. ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

The problem is not so much NA engagement in the community as much as it is a gigantic lack of interest in leagues for NA. Which is a bit of a vicious cycle. No one plays leagues -> New league teams get no games -> New league teams disband after having to wait hours for a match -> No one plays leagues.

Kinda like what used to happen with squads. And still does, to some extent.

8 hours ago, StatueofLibroty said:

The problem is not so much NA engagement in the community as much as it is a gigantic lack of interest in leagues for NA. Which is a bit of a vicious cycle. No one plays leagues -> New league teams get no games -> New league teams disband after having to wait hours for a match -> No one plays leagues.

Kinda like what used to happen with squads. And still does, to some extent.

The idea behind squads is that you get 2player squads as those don’t have to face squads to queue. Those encourage 3player squads, which in turn encourage 4player squads. If you have enough players, this will continue even as squads both large and small stop queueing, as there will be enough squads still queueing to fill in the difference.

But that doesn’t work when nobody plays the game in the first place. Why queue for DvD when you can play… literally any other game that incentivizes having fun

(Destroyers VS Destroyers, great gameplay 5/7 well done)

[The Finale Day of ‘Grand Prix’](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/31426-all-finalists-of-%E2%80%98grand-prix%E2%80%99-are-now-known/&do=findComment&comment=375890) is about to begin! Watch the games with us!

STAR CONFLICT TWITCH

uKTX36i45yA.jpg

I enjoyed the twitch video of the earlier matches.

The commentary was very good.

( Maybe its time to consider adding more ‘spectating tools’ for these kind of matches - free camera, map zoom, etc? )

Good job.

3 hours ago, demaneR said:

( Maybe its time to consider adding more ‘spectating tools’ for these kind of matches - free camera, map zoom, etc? )

Yep, I think second battle of Ninja vs DNO was really nice… But its hard to follow situation on the battle field - mapview is too confusing and ship camera is crazy fast

So, how many tokens will the Grand Champions get in total?

Too many.

I feel bad for your ears, by the way. ![:p](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/004.png “:p”)

Aaaaaand,still nobody cares,I like the fact that they are russians tho,so if they brag about that noone(that doesnt understand russian)will know what they are saying so basically nothing changes.

2 hours ago, Shotan said:

Too many.

I feel bad for your ears, by the way. ![:p](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/004.png “:p”)

Well, there is always a MUTE button for emergencies.  ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

First thing that I learned in DESU from Russians - swear words.  ![:secret:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/secret.gif “:secret:”)

Don’t we all. You’ll learn plenty of that from Mzhelskii  ![:005j:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/005j.png “:005j:”)

As for all of the comments regarding the stream. Thanks for your input, some if the stuff that’s been stated will be discussed and hopefully considered. Stay tuned for more information on the events section regarding tournament events and such!

I can’t even get a league battle started due to the extreme restrictions. Unless you have no life and live on Star Conflict, you simply can’t play the mode. Therefore I feel the mode is discriminatory against people who have a life outside the game The same can be said the dread matches.

I think these rules need to be changed to allow for people who dont have several hours at a time a day to dedicate to these modes.

14 hours ago, MassHomicide said:

I can’t even get a league battle started due to the extreme restrictions. Unless you have no life and live on Star Conflict, you simply can’t play the mode. Therefore I feel the mode is discriminatory against people who have a life outside the game The same can be said the dread matches.

I think these rules need to be changed to allow for people who dont have several hours at a time a day to dedicate to these modes.

We should get a new mode: Bot Leagues. xD

I agree with what you’re saying. It’s extremely hard to actually organize a match. You can only get 9 people and then some of them don’t show up.

I would scrap Leagues. They are basically just a separated Capture the Beacons mode that should still exist in PvP.

[The results of The first Baron’s Grand Prix!](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/31446-the-first-barons-grand-prix-has-concluded/)

d55e6ff57b81a56913eeed8bf402.jpg